It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking advice on how to apply for VA disability while living overseas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hi guys. I live overseas and have visited the VA site to apply for benefits, but the process stops half way through since my IP is an overseas one. Any advice what I should do, and do any of you have experience with applying for the VA benefits. Should I start by calling the US Embassy here in this country. Thanks guys.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Try going through d.a.v or vfw they have reps who can help you .. or set up proxy ip address ..

Good luck ..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Try going through d.a.v or vfw they have reps who can help you .. or set up proxy ip address ..

Good luck ..

Thanks Expat, but what is d.a.v. The VFW, I didn't think of. I'm a Vietnam Veteran and would like to find out about this Agent Orange stuff and its damage on a person who may have been exposed to it while station in Thailand. (me that is)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Disabled american veterans they seem to do pretty good at helping vets .. both do alot for vietnam vets ..

Agent orange bad .. causes cancer .. sterility ( ended up sterile due to getting sprayed with agent orange ) along with a long list of nasty things ..

Good luck on it never bothered here even though been told qualify due ptsd and agent orange exposure .. figure theres others in worse shape than me who need it more .

But dav or vfw be your best bet on it ..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

move home...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Is there any type of military base or office where your are located. Since your a vet I'm sure if you walked up to any military personnel they would be able to at least point you in the right direction by giving you a name or number. I don't think you should initially tell them about the Agent Orange stuff, it might scare them and they will block you. Give as little information as possible until you get to the right person. You just gotta be careful about what you tell who.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3

Is there any type of military base or office where your are located. Since your a vet I'm sure if you walked up to any military personnel they would be able to at least point you in the right direction by giving you a name or number. I don't think you should initially tell them about the Agent Orange stuff, it might scare them and they will block you. Give as little information as possible until you get to the right person. You just gotta be careful about what you tell who.

Actually I heard that I may have to go to the Philippines for the exam, I thought I could go to Hiroshima US Army Base, but.. I'm just starting out. They may take the Japanese exam or not , I don't know. Tumors are tumors if you know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Aww man, didn't know it was like that, sorry about it. Do you have tricare? If u do, u should call them and let them know that u are not near a military clinic. I believe if u are so many miles far away from a clinic they will let u see a civilian doctor, but you have to let them know before.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Aww man, didn't know it was like that, sorry about it. Do you have tricare? If u do, u should call them and let them know that u are not near a military clinic. I believe if u are so many miles far away from a clinic they will let u see a civilian doctor, but you have to let them know before.

Thanks for the info. I'll be checking stuff out now. Someone said here "move home". Not possible at the present time.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I'm only a former military wife so I don't know too much. I hope the info I gave will help some because that's all the advice I have. If you come to a dead end try posting your question on yahoo answers, I'm sure someone there got better info for you. Good luck, best wishes.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm only a former military wife so I don't know too much. I hope the info I gave will help some because that's all the advice I have. If you come to a dead end try posting your question on yahoo answers, I'm sure someone there got better info for you. Good luck, best wishes.

Thanks, appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Get a vpn, a proxy ip address that is located in the states.

Also, look up an advocate. VA advocates are all over the place. They can help you navigate the VA.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Also, look up an advocate. VA advocates are all over the place. They can help you navigate the VA.

Thanks. The VA advocates sound interesting. Do you have a link.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I've been a bit inactive on this thread, but I appreciated all the suggestions. Someone here said come back to the States. Well, you are right, and I'll be going soon. Like many veterans of the Vietnam era, we have hidden physical wrong doings to our bodies. And sometimes the mind. Might be a side effect of what we have been exposed to.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join