It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH17 Black Box Data Shows Evidence Of Missile Strike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

As Russia continues to deny culpability for the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine, European officials say that black box data shows the doomed airplane was hit by a missile explosion, according to CBS News.

Data from the black box points to a "massive explosive decompression," with the plane's fuselage getting hit by shrapnel from the explosion.

This is consistent with a photo of a piece of the plane's wreckage that shows obvious signs of shrapnel damage, according to The Aviationist. The missile likely detonated on the right side of the plane, sending shrapnel clear through the aircraft, eventually shooting out of the left side.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

CBS News - Black box findings consistent with missile blast

Now what?
edit on 26-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

As Russia continues to deny culpability for the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine, European officials say that black box data shows the doomed airplane was hit by a missile explosion, according to CBS News.

Data from the black box points to a "massive explosive decompression," with the plane's fuselage getting hit by shrapnel from the explosion.

This is consistent with a photo of a piece of the plane's wreckage that shows obvious signs of shrapnel damage, according to The Aviationist. The missile likely detonated on the right side of the plane, sending shrapnel clear through the aircraft, eventually shooting out of the left side.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Now what?

The investigators need to know the GPS coordinates, heading and altitude of the plane at the point of detonation. Compare that location with where the missile launchers were.

A full investigation would trace the trajectory of every piece of debris to analyze how the plane broke up. Then they have something like this:

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Which means what exactly? Was it an air to air missile from one of the Ukrainian fighter tailing it? Was it from a SAM and if so whose was it?

That hairpin turn the plane took before finally going down almost seems like the took evasive action before finally being downed.

We need some forensic evidence showing what hit the plane and something more than wild accusations and finger pointing to come to a real understanding.

Also why did Ukrainian air traffic control have the plane drop to within 1000 feet of the no fly zone?

I'd like to hear those Ukrainian ATC tapes (that were confiscated) on what exactly was said but I'm sure we'll never get close to those.

OK I'll say it, IMO this was done by Kiev as a false flag. The US seems set on war with Russia and the neo-nazi's in Kiev seem accommodating.

Just my 2 cents.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You do realize that black box data can't determine who shot the missle , whether it came from the Ukrainian army or the rebels our Russia, or if it was fired from the ground our from the air as some have suggested. There is no valuable information that could possibly come from the black box unless one of the pilots saw it coming and said into their microphone,"there's a missle coming straight at us" , and even if that was in there there is no way to determine who fired it. Unless the U.S. government is releasing satellite imagery as irrefutable proof of who fired the missle there is no way to determine anything, and with all this wonderful technology the government has why haven't they released satellite imagery of the event? At this point anything that is said is all speculation.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Of course we need more evidence...

Its a good thing Pro Russian rebels are currently destroying the Crime scene.

And how do I love you guys constantly stating the US wants war with Russia. We have Obama in office... The chances of us doing anything other than a drone strike are non existent. Secondly, based on Russian actions, its very apparent they are the ones wanting war so Putin can relive the 1980's.

Russia is involved militarily - directly now.
The US is not.
edit on 26-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

You do realize I posted the articles and stated now what. At no point did I suggest anything other than where do we go from here.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You do realize I posted the articles and stated now what. At no point did I suggest anything other than where do we go from here.

Where we go from here will be difficult to determine as the rebels are intent on destroying evidence. If they were innocent they would do everything possible to ensure scene integrity.

A man is shot, there are 2 suspects. The crime scene investigation will shed light on who is the likely culprit. The crime was committed on person B's property.

Person A and the police call for access to the scene. Person B destroys the crime scene and limits access. Who is acting like a guilty party?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Why Kiev didn't released its ATC records? It should cast much needed light on this incident.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Why do you think there was a satellite in the area at the time, with the capability to see this event, let alone with it's optics pointed in the general direction or focused on the area of the event at that time ?

You do realize the entire surface of the world can not be watched at the same time, all the time.... It's impossible.... Even if they were using satellites to spy on the ukraine it's still impossible to watch all of the ukraine, all the time with the satellites that are currently in orbit.

I like your idea of supremacy though. Very big brother.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

I don't know, maybe because there is a war going on and they wanted to gather intelligence on the enemy?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

It's definitely not impossible to do that. If a uav can sit 20k feet above a city and record everything in line of sight within inches of resolution for days or weeks at a time then I'm sure it's possible. But getting back to the subject I'm sure it was a ground to air strike from what I've read so far. And from the social media tweet that came from the Russian backed guys saying they warned the Ukrainian army to stay out of their sky right after the plane went down I think it's them. Unless that was a fake article I read about that tweet.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Which means what exactly? Was it an air to air missile from one of the Ukrainian fighter tailing it? Was it from a SAM and if so whose was it?

That hairpin turn the plane took before finally going down almost seems like the took evasive action before finally being downed.

We need some forensic evidence showing what hit the plane and something more than wild accusations and finger pointing to come to a real understanding.

Also why did Ukrainian air traffic control have the plane drop to within 1000 feet of the no fly zone?

I'd like to hear those Ukrainian ATC tapes (that were confiscated) on what exactly was said but I'm sure we'll never get close to those.

OK I'll say it, IMO this was done by Kiev as a false flag. The US seems set on war with Russia and the neo-nazi's in Kiev seem accommodating.

Just my 2 cents.

If the plane experienced sudden explosive decompression, the first thing the pilots would do would be to make sure everyone was wearing oxygen masks, send out a may-day call, descend down to 10,000 feet or below, then they would head towards the nearest airport. In this case, this would involve a hairpin bend back to Kiev or another international airport.

But goodness knows what that slicing would have done - those warheads are designed to send a giant circular sawblade through the plane:

"Missiles of this type have what is called (at least by the US) a continuous rod warhead. This type of warhead is basically several layers of hardened steel rods wrapped in a special configuration. When the explosive charge goes off just imagine a giant buzz saw blade (multiples) flying through the air in close proximity to the target. When the rods expand to maximum diamater they break apart and turn into individual buzz saws. End result the target is shredded."

www.pprune.org...

From the location of the square hole in the wreckage, it would have sliced right behind the chairs:

cdn-www.airliners.net...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

You do realize that black box data can't determine who shot the missle , whether it came from the Ukrainian army or the rebels our Russia, or if it was fired from the ground our from the air as some have suggested. There is no valuable information that could possibly come from the black box unless one of the pilots saw it coming and said into their microphone,"there's a missle coming straight at us" , and even if that was in there there is no way to determine who fired it. Unless the U.S. government is releasing satellite imagery as irrefutable proof of who fired the missle there is no way to determine anything, and with all this wonderful technology the government has why haven't they released satellite imagery of the event? At this point anything that is said is all speculation.

The damage done to the plane suggests it was not A2A, the missile that was "suggested" by the Russians to have been possibly responsible simply does not do that. The ground based missile absolutely does though. It's not 100% proof, but it's very strong evidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

More propaganda lingo.

First, the black box data can´t even prove it was a missile, second, this in no way implicates Russia, so there is no reason to start the sentence with, "as Russia continues to deny culpability".

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Which could mean there was more than one missile.

If there was more than one, that might indicate this was an air to air affair and not a SAM.

A sharp and unexpected turn from a passenger aircraft would seem to indicate they were trying to avoid something flying nearby. Perhaps the SU-25 pilot(s) buzzed MH17 before they opened up, causing avoidance action by MH17?

Perhaps the SU-25 pilot assumed a large and cumbersome target like MH17 presented would only require a dumb missile like an unguided S-8 or S-24 etc., but missed when MH17 performed a sharp turn away from the dumb missile?

The explosive decompression recorded on the black box and the shrapnel damage evident on some of the wreckage could also be from explosives planted on board MH17, or from a suicide bomber on the flight and so on.

This would result in identical data on the black box and also account for the shrapnel damage.

Without a thorough investigation, everything, including the flight data recording, and the finger pointing and accusations of blame, is all baseless supposition and political manoeuvring.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GuerillaSkill

Exactly. Lets turn the argument: Obama killed 1000 Palestinians because he supplied weapons to Israel. If a Buk SAM was used it was for sure "Putins rocket". It was made and exported by Russia.

I do not know who fired that missile. There is almost null probability it was Russian Army. Ok, then we have two more probable scenarios: MH17 was downed by separatists who thought it was Ukrainian war plane or by some faction of Ukrainian military/paramilitary in attempt of false flag. Today I'm more inclined to last possibility. There are some inconsistencies but still interesting summary can be found here.

edit on 27-7-2014 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Which could mean there was more than one missile.

If there was more than one, that might indicate this was an air to air affair and not a SAM.

A sharp and unexpected turn from a passenger aircraft would seem to indicate they were trying to avoid something flying nearby. Perhaps the SU-25 pilot(s) buzzed MH17 before they opened up, causing avoidance action by MH17?

Perhaps the SU-25 pilot assumed a large and cumbersome target like MH17 presented would only require a dumb missile like an unguided S-8 or S-24 etc., but missed when MH17 performed a sharp turn away from the dumb missile?

The explosive decompression recorded on the black box and the shrapnel damage evident on some of the wreckage could also be from explosives planted on board MH17, or from a suicide bomber on the flight and so on.

This would result in identical data on the black box and also account for the shrapnel damage.

Without a thorough investigation, everything, including the flight data recording, and the finger pointing and accusations of blame, is all baseless supposition and political manoeuvring.

If that happened it would be on the black box from the pilot's dialogue. The fact they did not talk about it means it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If that happened it would be on the black box from the pilot's dialogue. The fact they did not talk about it means it didn't happen.

The sharp turn, or them seeing and avoiding a missile didn't happen?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The fact they did not talk about it means it didn't happen.

I didn't see a thing about the voice recordings in that article.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Then it would be Russian satellites and you don't think they would release that data do you. .
You know that the US is not at war with Russia right?a reply to: OccamsRazor04

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join