It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Lawmaker Wants To Pass Law To Force Children To Watch Propaganda Movie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

edit on 27-7-2014 by neo96 because: got my movies mixed up

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, it's nice that we agree from time to time. I'm fatigued by the pissy He said/She said crap in politics and the media. It's quite childish.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Anomalies happen occasionally.

California Eighth Graders Denied Holocaust In Essays After Reading Required Bizarro Screeds

The State and Local school boards.

You never can tell who has an agenda.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Required reading, subjects, guidelines, materials etc are determined by school boards which have heavy input from parents and generally follow federal guidelines. They are not State laws which the proposed bill if passed would become. See the difference?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: xuenchen

Required reading, subjects, guidelines, materials etc are determined by school boards which have heavy input from parents and generally follow federal guidelines. They are not State laws which the proposed bill if passed would become. See the difference?

Yes.

Never said otherwise did I ?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
That Desouza film is complete propaganda and has no place in the public schools....along with any other film that perpetuates any political agenda.

In fact, why are they showing films in school when our kids have a hard time reading, writing and doing simple math?

Both the libs and the neocons need to keep their political BS out of education!

Which is why the government should not be involved in "education." When politicians educate your children, they will invariably use this platform to push their agenda.

Speaking as the husband of a teacher who has taught in both the USA and the UK I take great exception to your comment. Politicians do not educate children, teachers do. They use something called common sense to do it with as well.

And as a husband of a teacher you should also understand that politicians from school boards on up to state and federal legislatures determine what is taught and what curriculum is used, yes?

And, quite often, "common sense" and what happens in schools quite often are mutually exclusive.
edit on 27-7-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

. Politicians do not educate children, teachers do.

Well then teachers are doing a snip poor job at it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Funny thing there is.

Americans were smarter PRE Department of Education, and Teachers unions.

edit on 27-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

South Korea and Finland have been among the top performers year after year recently, but they have starkly different approaches. South Korea has a lot of private education (subsidized by the government but to a lesser degree than public), Finland has pretty much none. FYI, both of these countries have a Ministry of Education and teacher's unions.

I think if you actually study both, you'll find that what they have in common with one another that is different with the US, is the social esteem of teachers and a focus on pre-school education. It has nothing to do with a lack of a central education authority or teacher's unions.

edit on 2014-7-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah well the 'American' approach sure the hell isn't working.

Since apparently some people think 'intelligence' is determined by how many billions of dollars are thrown at students.

IF that was the case this country should have the smartest,most successful people in the world.

The reality is we are not even close.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It must be the corruption and graft ratios ?

And maybe some differences in the integrity between teachers.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Keyword wants to of course any law has to be voted on, and passed by a majority.

Then signed in to law by the governor.

Right ?

If people want to blow a gasket over something that isn't in existence yet.

Feel free.

But then again 'state rights' are STATE RIGHTS.

If it gets approved then some people have something to gripe over.

I think it's a good idea for people to speak out against things they are against BEFORE they become law. Isn't that how things typically work?

You also said this in the thread about archie.... So what changed from then to now?

But hey push that progressive propaganda!

It really is too much to let kids ACT like kids.

People need to stop pushing all the 'grown up' bullsnip on them.

They will learn the real world soon enough.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I think it's a good idea for people to speak out against things they are against BEFORE they become law. Isn't that how things typically work?

Sure is for those that actually live in that swing state.

Since the 'majority' in this thread doesn't.

The issue is WHAT ?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

a reply to: mahatche

Sure is for those that actually live in that swing state.

Since the 'majority' in this thread doesn't.

The issue is WHAT ?

Oh so propaganda is good for some states but not others?

Can you please answer the second part of my post?

Archie is a book that people choose to buy on their own, you spoke out against it having an agenda, but when someone want's to legally force kids to watch a video with your sides propaganda, you are for it.

It just seems inconsistent.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

So what is the difference between the op and students being forced to watch an 'inconvient truth' or Farenhit 9-11' ?

Because there's no law requiring that to happen.

And then what about all the global warming propaganda being forced down students throats?

Science is a bitch huh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join