It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Lawmaker Wants To Pass Law To Force Children To Watch Propaganda Movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sounds about as factual as a Michael Moore "documentary". I think I vote no.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The moment a child goes to a public school there is political propaganda being shoved down their throats.

A good example school history books read one of them then go and read biographies by eye witnesses and people who lived it archeological papers on the subject. You will see the slant. It depends on district on how slanted it is. The politics of the Indian wars and the civil war What a crock of bovine bio waste those school history books are .

You think being forced to read books about che guevara like Che: The Making of a Legend, by Martin Ebon or My Friend Che, by Ricardo Rojo . I had those 2 stuffed down my throat in school. I felt that was blatant propaganda . Instructor acted like he was like a George Washington .pffft.

If one side gets to spew propaganda give the other side equal time.

As much left propaganda is stuffed down our kids throat a little right would be a nice change.

Read Mein Kompf he lays it out you get the kids early you got em for life.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
We all watched the musical "1776" as mandatory when I went to school.
Years later, my wife purchased the DVD for me, with the Republican song re-instated.

I think that's the only musical I ever liked.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It seems many who claim to want small government, crumble when new laws are proposed that support their bias. "Government shouldn't tell people what to do, that's nannyism" turns into "Well liberals do it, so why not?"

I believe this is the first law ever proposed to dictate that students watch a particular film. There's never been a law similar even, no law stating that a particular book or movie must been read or viewed.

If you remove the subject (right-wing hero's movie) from the proposed law, you essentially get this: Florida students between the ages of eleven and nineteen are hereby mandated to view... Is that what anyone wants? As long as it supports your ideology? I don't, no matter if it's Moore or D'Souza, whether it's ideological, historical, religious, scientific, humor, drama, or comedy. I don't want the government telling me my child HAS to watch a movie.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Maybe instead of taking jabs back and forth over who's propaganda flicks are worse than the other, you should be having a lightbulb going off over the fact that it's propaganda in schools in the first place. It doesn't belong there no matter who's it is. Once upon a time, schools in the US taught the basics for students to master & expand on. Now, they're a cesspit of political BS being shoveled, and people whining over which party's trash is worse to view in school are entirely missing that point.

Political ideology doesn't belong in K-12, period.

well, except in religious schools...I guess those get a pass from the right.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
uphill battle my friend, but it's nice to have a friendly face here. there are too few of us, the others simply don't post, or have left altogether do to their belief that this has become another right-wing blog.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So what is the difference between the op and students being forced to watch an 'inconvient truth' or Farenhit 9-11' ?

And then what about all the global warming propaganda being forced down students throats?

Yes, how dare teachers inform pupils about scientifically testable and verifiable theories and object to showing them unhinged right-wing rants! Oh, wait a sec...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sounds fair, considering that when I was in public school all we read about or learned about was the evil of slavery and the subjugation of blacks. I don't know how it is now but in the 1980s every day in a public school was another opportunity to impress upon white kids how awful and racist their ancestors were and how evil the USA still is.

The extremely negative view held by many Americans in America must be similar to the internal rot that helped fell the Roman Empire. When a country stops being concerned with how to be most successful and instead primarily concerns itself with how best to equitably share success......that's a problem. That's like a champion sports team being more concerned with everyone getting to play and touch the ball than with actually winning.

If this little movie motivates people to a bit of American nationalistic pride, then good.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is the same nutjob who thinks Google has an agenda against him.

“I don’t want to seem like a crybaby, I’ve tried to be very restrained with Google and just say, ‘I am puzzled, I am baffled, I am frustrated.’ I am not saying anything more than that but it has been now over two weeks and it is time to get this settled.”

Dinesh D'Souza: 'I Don't Want To Seem Like A Crybaby' But Google And Costco Are Persecuting Me

After lousy sales Costco took his book off the shelves. But when D'Loozer threw a tantrum they put them back up where they are still gathering dust to this day.

It's the usual response from the Rabid Right.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

So what is the difference between the op and students being forced to watch an 'inconvient truth' or Farenhit 9-11' ?

And then what about all the global warming propaganda being forced down students throats?

Yes, how dare teachers inform pupils about scientifically testable and verifiable theories and object to showing them unhinged right-wing rants! Oh, wait a sec...

you mean like changing the "pledge of allegiance" in 1954, by order of president Eisenhower, a republican, to include "under god" when describing our nation?....the man that wrote the pledge....en.wikipedia.org...
believed in "the rights of the working people, and the equal distribution of economic resources, which he believed was inherent in the teachings of jesus", but, he didn't refer to any religious god(s) in his pledge...apparently, the Christian right-wingers of today, seem perfectly fine with the bastardized 1954 version being said by countless school children across America.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I really wish some people would stop using the term 'right wing' since apparently they have no idea of what it means.

Global warming bullsnip is the epitome of UNHINGED RIGHT WING.

Hello trying to control the ENTIRE PLANET!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I really wish some people would stop using the term 'right wing' since apparently they have no idea of what it means.

Global warming bullsnip is the epitome of UNHINGED RIGHT WING.

Hello trying to control the ENTIRE PLANET!

If you're trying to claim that global climate change is bogus then I have a room full of reinsurers who would like to have a very loud word with you. The reinsurance industry is terrified of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
That Desouza film is complete propaganda and has no place in the public schools....along with any other film that perpetuates any political agenda.

In fact, why are they showing films in school when our kids have a hard time reading, writing and doing simple math?

Both the libs and the neocons need to keep their political BS out of education!

Which is why the government should not be involved in "education." When politicians educate your children, they will invariably use this platform to push their agenda.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So you're only cool with legislating right wing propaganda then?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
That Desouza film is complete propaganda and has no place in the public schools....along with any other film that perpetuates any political agenda.

In fact, why are they showing films in school when our kids have a hard time reading, writing and doing simple math?

Both the libs and the neocons need to keep their political BS out of education!

Which is why the government should not be involved in "education." When politicians educate your children, they will invariably use this platform to push their agenda.

Speaking as the husband of a teacher who has taught in both the USA and the UK I take great exception to your comment. Politicians do not educate children, teachers do. They use something called common sense to do it with as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yo the climate has been changing for billions of years.

It gets hot.

it gets cold.

It gets wet.

It gets dry.

Long before man was ever 'born', and long before the US federal government was ever created.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So you're only cool with legislating right wing propaganda then?

Read the op ?

A Florida lawmaker 'wants' to make a 'law'.

Hell I want a lot of things don't mean I get them.

Besides I seem to remember a couple of threads on ATS lately where 'propaganda' was legalized anyways.

A Florida lawmaker didn't do that.
edit on 27-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So a Republican is WANTING to make this ridiculous law and it the Democrats fault? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Only the flip sides 'propaganda' is allowed in schools today ?

American schools have been filled with it for decades.

Too late to cry 'foul' over it now.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Too late to cry 'foul' over it now.

I'm not crying "foul" just trying to determine the level of hypocrisy in this action.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join