It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of urban travel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
An interesting experiment has been going on in London. Since 2011, a fleet of pod like vehicles has been transporting tourists between terminals at London airport. A British engineering firm RDM Group uses technology from Oxford Universitys Mobile Robotics Group to drive them. While humans drive them now, they hope to produce a AI driving version soon. Take my $, I want one! Zero emissions and zero noise as well. Below is a link to the article. Enjoy!link

edit on 26-7-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Finally! A real Johnny Cab!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I would ride in one of these. Once all the safety kinks are ironed out. I wouldnt wanna be in the beta test of the driverless ones.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They would be even faster if there were a skyrail system. I'd love to have a whole network of these going above the officeblock rooftops. Then you'd never need to get caught up in the congestion or underground.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Seems a little more comfortable than Mr. Garrison's invention.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

yes, but if they are connected to the same database, that will prevent congestion and traffic as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
They would be even faster if there were a skyrail system. I'd love to have a whole network of these going above the officeblock rooftops. Then you'd never need to get caught up in the congestion or underground.

Lets just say we could finally get rid of cars and their pollution.

top topics

join