It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Says Police Wouldn’t Let Him Help His Dog After They Shot It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

If it were a question of simply avoiding police, I would so so. In fact -- I already do everything I can do keep them at bay. But in this case, they were responding to a false alarm, which opens the door. Garlic doesn't help. Crosses are useless, what to use?

I adore my dog, but he is a a barkey little love machine. In this case, I would have had my wife film me acknowledging that I would be charged with a crime for helping the dog, and done so anyway. We can sort it at trial, where the officers will absolutely look stupid for ever bringing the case in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: jude11
Glad to hear that the dog was 'alright' and they didn't lose a a member of their family.
Thanks for the the post cause I as well saw this and was not able to get to it before it was gone.

Dogs are our family and should be seen as such. By the law as well.

If their Police Dogs can be officers and people can get time for shooting them, then why can not a cop get time for killing our family?

Peace

i was going to say something similar in the last thread, but then i remembered cops don't get in trouble for killing people either. really that is where the problem starts. instead of being held to a higher standard as cops should be, they are held to a lower standard. all civilians are to many cops is a target worth points for killing, beating and abusing.

you know for years people have been blaming violence on tv and in the movies, and even more recently video games for things like violence. is this part of the problem in law enforcement today? look at how cops were treated in years past in media. you had Barney Fife a cop who couldn't be trusted to have bullets in his gun, yet the Mayburry police still got their man. you had Barny Miller, a cop show that took place solely in the office, yet without guns and killings they typically got the perps. then there were the corrupt, incompetents in the Dukes of Hazard, yet even they with a lot of work by the Dukes would get criminals, yet again they didn't typically blow away those criminals. yet if you follow cop shows and shows with cops up through the years you go from cops (or those on the side of law) using smarts to get criminals, chasing them down, shooing to incapacitate not kill, and when they did kill there was remorse, cops talking down suicidal people, or those with hostages. cops would be stopped from abuse by a fellow officer before they took things too far. to today where cops typically kill the criminal, shootouts every episode with cops acting in an over aggressive manor and breaking the rules when needed to get the bad guy, and no one gets in serious trouble when rules are bent and broken as they achieve their goals. in a hostage situation typicaly they take a great shot and put them down. is this life imitating art, art imitating life? or even a vicious circle feeding on it's self? even in GTA games you can see it happen. in earlier games, yeah cops would shoot you but if they got close enough you were arrested. now with GTA V they just shoot and kill you. it doesn't matter if you rob a bank, or even just accidentally hit their car, end result is either you escape, or you DIE. we even have some of the most brutal police reality shows where we get to watch cops put people in their place, and of course in what we are shown the criminals seem to get what they deserve. is this a big part of the reason for our out of control cops? growing up with the old shows, a kid might want to join the police to help people and protect people, but today's kids? do they see all this glorified bullying by cops and want to join so they can kick the crap out of people? that is what we are showing a cop does after all. should we instead add into shows cops that cross the line, even when they save a life getting slammed for their actions?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think the Brits are really glad the average police constable is not armed, 'wild' dogs are usually taken away and humanly shot, as regards crims, shooting is mostly the very last resort, on the express order of a senior officer, apart from the rare cases such as that subway shooting in london, the poor guy did not understand a word of British English.
I learned long ago not to show fear, when a dog bounds up to me, I lower a hand down to its nose height so it can smell it, which they all do, some say dogs smell fear, I don't know, I just know it works for me.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

I learned long ago not to show fear, when a dog bounds up to me, I lower a hand down to its nose height so it can smell it, which they all do, some say dogs smell fear, I don't know, I just know it works for me.

Idk they smell it or sense it but they key onto it. Only time i have seen some one get bit is when they were scared and ran away from a dog.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join