It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Says Police Wouldn’t Let Him Help His Dog After They Shot It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
##snipped##

A Georgia man says that he was threatened with jail time if he tried to treat his dog after a police officer shot the animal in the throat. Tim Theall told NBC Atlanta that Doctor, his 9-year-old German Shepherd, ran to the front of his house after being let out of the back yard Thursday evening. “And before I turned the corner of the house, I heard two shots; I heard a cop go, ‘Holy [expletive],’” Theall told NBC Atlanta. Doctor had apparently caught a DeKalb County police officer off guard as he was investigating a false house alarm call. Theall told the TV station that he is less angry about the shooting since the officer was likely surprised. But what did upset him was the officer’s refusal to let Theall and his wife take Doctor for treatment for more than an hour.

news.yahoo.com...

My personal thoughts on this "News"? Most know that I will call it Disgusting, Cowardly and yet another nail in our freedom coffins. Cops are shooting our pets more and more it seems. Target practice?

I've said it before...if you have a Dog, keep it away from the police. This is NOT a rare occurrence anymore.

Peace

edit on 26-7-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jul 26 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Shooting because you are frightened does not a good police person make. It makes a very bad cop.

There have been many such instances including the teenager shot because he answered the door with a game controller in his hands.

The excuse 'I was frightened' does not wash with me and never will.

In this case, one assumes that the dog was not attacking but just running up to some people to say hello.

Not allowing an animal to be treated is animal cruelty and the Police should be so charged!

It is just nuts.

P

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Shooting because you are frightened does not a good police person make. It makes a very bad cop.

There have been many such instances including the teenager shot because he answered the door with a game controller in his hands.

The excuse 'I was frightened' does not wash with me and never will.

In this case, one assumes that the dog was not attacking but just running up to some people to say hello.

Not allowing an animal to be treated is animal cruelty and the Police should be so charged!

It is just nuts.

P

It seems that shoot first is the case these Days.

"Frightened? Nope, not buying that either. What about the pepper spray on the other hip? Or is that just for people now?

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The other thread advocated killing police officers, therefore removed.
It will not be returned.

Please carry on and remain on topic.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Glad to hear that the dog was 'alright' and they didn't lose a a member of their family.
Thanks for the the post cause I as well saw this and was not able to get to it before it was gone.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

edit on 7/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I remember reading that thread. I think he did cross some T&C when adding in his take but I will not swear by it. I kinda glanced over it all.

Has he checked his mail box?

No clue.

In the meantime, please post on the "News" and let the rest sort itself out. It's the only way to get answers as well as Discuss another pet shooting.

The best outcome is the original OP gets his thread back.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
It will not be returned.

Please carry on and remain on topic.

Thanks.

Thanks for that.

If that's the case then I have to agree with the MODS here.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Glad to hear that the dog was 'alright' and they didn't lose a a member of their family.
Thanks for the the post cause I as well saw this and was not able to get to it before it was gone.

Dogs are our family and should be seen as such. By the law as well.

If their Police Dogs can be officers and people can get time for shooting them, then why can not a cop get time for killing our family?

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

As it should be then. There are more than a few current and former LEOs participating on this site. It's 'sometimes' shameful what is said ... like kids throwing rocks at cars. There comes a point where people should 'grow up' and realize those cars contain occupants, who are real people, and have never done anyone harm.

I know it is general policy to not talk about Fight Club ... so ... thanks for the clarity on why the original thread topic was pulled.

As to the topic of police shooting dogs:

Cops need to back this down. Being quick on the trigger is a sign of sickness. I don't care about any of the underlying factors or causes. The cop's either a coward or the product of misguidance/mismanagement. One doesn't 'enforce the law' with the mindset of 'The Terminator'. We, as a society, can produce better than that.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
On the removed thread I mentioned that it's uncalled for that needs to be dealt with how animals are treated by police. The case in Idaho with Arfee's murder, court ruled that the PD needs training in how to deal with dogs properly. This should be implemented throughout PDs. Also, that judged on the article but may not have enough info about the story, seemed that the police call/incident wasn't severe enough for police to restrict the man from his dog's care.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

Ah that's what I thought I remembered but wasn't sure 100%.

Anyway, to be on topic this doesn't surprise me in the least considering the treatment they regularly give to humans. When I read about things like this I am already numb to it almost.

I don't even want to imagine the type f person one needs to be to stop someone from saving their pet.

In their minds they probably thought ...eh...less paperwork.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
As these cases are making big news as of late, the National Canine Research Council is now involved due to this event resulting in the dog's death;

CARLSBAD, N.M (KRQE) – A Carlsbad woman who just lost her son to a police shooting says officers executed her dog this week.

Police say they had no choice, but the shooting is prompting a national organization to get involved.

“Bam. They shot him right in front of my face, right in front of me,” said Tracy Kirkpatrick.

Tracy Kirkpatrick says she watched Carlsbad police kill her dog just a month after officers gunned down her son, Troy Kirkpatrick.
Source

Contued that,

The National Canine Research Council which is involved now,

"The National Canine Research Council is stepping in and doing what they can to make sure another animal isn’t killed. “There are a lot of awesome alternatives to lethal force and many of those alternatives are quite simply learned it’s just a matter of getting the info out,” - NCRC Communications Director Janise Bradley.
Source

They are offering training videos to PDs around the country on how to deal with dogs that may be dangerous. The council sent one to the Carlsbad PD in hopes they consider using it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Truly disgusting and this will happen many more times before anything is done about it.
People will need to stand up and defend their family members.
I have a plan, but it is against the T$C to post it here.
My chalk, their board and all.
Stand up for your rights folks

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Training videos are a joke on this situation as they do not train a coward how to be brave.
Maybe a better solution is to arm every one of these cowards with some beef jerky so that they may be able to make their escape and call the chubby old animal control lady to subdue the vicious Chihuahua for them.
I have yet to run into the dog that I could not control and make best buddies with.
Yes I have been attacked before, I turned that one around in about 5 minutes time.
Maybe Caesar Milan could do police seminars??
I'd pay some tax dollars for that!

(post by Fargoth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Police are often considered public safety officers. I think that term is not accurate anymore, as they only care about their safety at all costs, and are more than willing to shoot things, animals, or people, to avoid a dog barking at them, or a person giving them a bruise. I have a lot of ancestors that were police officers that are now retired, but I have yet to meet any on the street that aren't sniveling cowards. Maybe a requirement of police training should be too lock them up in a cage with pit bulls and rottweilers to toughen them up, and grow some nads.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join