It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpongeBob kidnappings across the US!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
That's right, as many of us know from driving past Burger King establishments around the US there are giant SpongeBob SquarePants inflatables on the roofs. Well, it appears that people are stealing them and holding them ransom. The reward for giving a useful tip so one of these may be returned: Free Whoppers for a year!

money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Burger King really wants its SpongeBob inflatables back, and the burger chain is even willing to offer a one-year's supply of free Whoppers, salads or any other item on its menu as a reward for information leading to their safe return.

Miami-based Burger King has been inflicted with a spate of "Spongenappings" that began Nov. 11 in which vandals made off with several gigantic blow-up SpongeBob Squarepants figures that were perched on rooftops of different restaurants across the country.

"As to the motives behind these apparent 'Spongenappings,' we can only speculate. We did receive one ransom note related to an inflatable SpongeBob disappearance in Minnesota," Russ Klein, Burger King's chief marketing officer, said in a statement Friday.

Ah, I can see the SpongeBob picture on the milk cartons now...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That reminds me of the episode where Spongebob was hiding from Sandy and she tore up the town looking for him.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I shudder to think anyone would pay a ransom for one of those things. What has the world come to?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I hate that Spongebob crap. I don't how kids these days watch that $h!t!!

When I was a kid we had cool cartoons. Looney toons, thundercats, voltron, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, WB cartoons. Whatever happened to good cartoons?!?!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well all I have to say is thanx alot for the laugh, better some big spongebob than some kids ehh???

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
mystery solved.

cgi.ebay.com...

When in doubt, check ebay lol

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My mom was telling me about this the other day. Seems the spongebob madness has reached another level. i remember the days when no one knew of spongebob and it was damn near impossible to find any likeness of him; now he's everywhere and people are stealing him!.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

When I was a kid we had cool cartoons. Looney toons, thundercats, voltron, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, WB cartoons. Whatever happened to good cartoons?!?!

My point exactly. How in the world is Spongebob better than He-man and Thundercats?

He is sponge for godsskaes.

Surf

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Ya, but have you watched that stuff lately? Once in a while it is on the cartoon channel and I wonder why I was ever amused with that dry bread. I'm not claiming that I was not into it at the time, but now I look back and wonder what I ever saw in that blatently obvious goody-goody brainwashing garbage.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

ITA! My daughter, who is 3.5 loves that show, but she is not allowed to watch it here. My MIL always lets her watch it there. That show has nothing educational about it, and it's so darn annoying. I can't believe someone would steal those big pieces of crap and demand ransom. Hopefully no one is stupid enough to pay them!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
To Ocelot:
You forgot all those great Hanna Barbera cartoons...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
LMFAO!!
i have laughed so much that my stitches have problem come loose lol You got to love the Americans.........

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
KIDNAP THEM ALL!! Stop the EVIL CANADIAN INVASION OF BURGER KING!!
Today we have Sponge Bob on Burger King....tomorrow we will all be eating back bacon eh.

new topics

top topics

join