It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy Channel movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I wasn't sure which forum to put this on - movies or TV. This isn't regarding any one movie in particular, but a few movies all on the SyFy Channel. My hubby and I are laughing our backsides off watching a shark movie marathon, aided by some good wine.

The previews alone for Sharknado 2 are hysterical! Got done watching Megashark versus Crockasaurus. Now Megashark versus Mechashark (robot shark). It's Sharknado week on SyFy, and the world premiere of Sharknado 2, The Second One is on Wednesday, and will repeat.

It's fun and hilarious to watch. Very hot here, and I don't want to go outside and risk a migraine. This is a perfect alternative on a warm summer night.

And the movies are hilarious, bad acting by the likes of Jaleel White, Debbie Gibson, et al, lots of fun, blood and gore. Kind of a guilty pleasure for my hubby and me.

I bet those writers for SyFy get hammered out of their minds and pound out these scripts. Would be a fun job if I could write worth a crap.

What do you all think? Do you find these movies fun and entertaining? I have a warped sense of humor, so maybe it's just me. Nope, if they're putting these movies out there, they must be making a gazillion dollars off of them, so they gotta be pretty popular.
edit on 26-7-2014 by ChiefD because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Oh, another actor I see in these "shark" movies is Robert Picardo. He was awesome in China Beach and Star Trek Voyager. Hope he's happy making these funny shark movies. I think they had outtakes on one of them, and he was mugging, looked like he was having fun. I bet I could out act Debbie Gibson easily.

That made me think of the SyFy movie Megapython versus Gatoroid. It had both Debbie Gibson and Tiffany! I was a young adult in the 80's when those two gals were huge pop stars. I even went to a Tiffany concert in 1987. The movie is a classic, funny as heck, not too bad after a beer or three.

Yep, things are going to hell in a handbasket, and here I am on my drunken backside reminiscing about the 80's and about how funny some of these SyFy movies are. Oh well, sometimes you gotta shrug and say whatever!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I just saw the preview for sharknado 2.
Can't wait!
Their movies are so corny and poorly done that the are fun to watch. Like a car wreck you can't look away from

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Exactly! I keep going back and forth from here to the living room to see snippets of the movie my hubby is watching. It's just hysterical. The more schlocky, the better, LOL!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Who doesn't build a giant shark that sounds like KITT from Knight Rider to take out an equally enormous giant shark? My husband just got home from visiting an old friend when they were breach-fighting over the jet, and the look on his face was priceless.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, so true! With the way things are going, we all need a healthy sense of humor!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Lol!! The husband character suddenly got tough with the random Aussie soldier and my husband suddenly went "Teal'c! Did they just change actors?"

They guy just slipped on his Teal'c face and now my husband sees him for who he's played before.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I love me some good shlock, but I prefer older films that used practical effects. They're best when they were actually trying to make a good film, but failed miserably. Plan 9 wasn't supposed to be funny. Can't really get into bad cg.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
They made a movie a few years ago called The Man With the Screaming brain which was hillarious.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's sad that instead of celebrating good movies, we have been reduced to having to celebrate the worst movies (ScyFy's)cheesy, crappy movies. I always wondered why ScyFy doesn't get unknown directors from all over and fund them and see what they can come up with. I think some great movies and shows would come from that, but instead, they let this small group keep control of it and make movies like Sharnado and Squidigator. Sad what entertainment has become and how the talented are kept out of the fold while the untalented flourish.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Sci-Fi jumped the shark more or less when they became the Syphilis network.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Oh yeah, any movie with Bruce Campbell in it is sure to be a scream! LOL!

Yes, movies like Plan 9 From Outer Space and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes are pretty funny to watch, classics.

I also remember a gem - Night of the Comet - This was in the mid 80's, starred Mary Catherine Stewart, about these valley girls in a trashed mall who were trapped after the comet came through and killed most and left those alive as zombies. I had several wine coolers with my roomies, watched this movie, and laughed my tush off. It was hysterical, the kind of movie you watch with a group of friends and a jug of wine or case of beer. Good times.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I remember Night being a pretty cool flick, but that was thirty years ago. Don't remember much about it.

Ok, on the subject, here's a conversation I just cannot understand:

Screenwriter: I came up with a killer idea for a movie, a tornado comes along, pulls sharks out of the water and they attack people.

Studio Head Honcho: Are You Freakin' KIDDING ME??????? Get the hell out of here.

I can't understand it because it never happened. Who in their right mind would think Sharknado(or any of these stupid flicks) was a good idea? Being a huge Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan over the years, I've seen that this is not a new trend. Lousy movies have been made since they first started making them. How people actually put up money for flicks like these baffles me.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Sometime I wish MST3K would come back, but I don't think Mike or Joel will touch Syfy movies with a ten foot pole

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

There is Rifftrax and the other one that I forget the name of but I do agree this stuff is too easy. That's why they never did Plan 9 on MST3K.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sharknado 2 is tonight!!!

new topics

top topics

join