It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Submarines...wait...Chinese?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
lol. thats cursing in plain language. you just blow your tops easily eh. lol.
not good. were just exchanging opinion my dear chinese brother.

dont worry about the china getting stronger stuff with your menacing (it is happening now) qoute, am along and always with our glory comrade

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx
second, we are lag behind USA, there is nothing to be shamed to study in an advanced country and go back later to make our own country stonger and more democratic.

and hey thats plain "using" the americans for this. lol.
and now youre telling them now that theyre an advanced country, i thought youre refering them as "stupid losing brains".

you really thought theyre better than ours now eh.

and i just wonder where americans study when theyre not that an advanced country and go back later to make their own country "stonger" and more democratic, in spain maybe? lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
lolol

What a narrow-minded person. We all learn from each other. You know over 300 years ago, there wasn't even a USA. We chinese invented many of stuff that people still use today. This is how the human race advances.

Well, keep up your narrow minds and it will do you good. BTW, isn't US built by immigrants from around the world, many of whom have very different opinions about the USA. I thought that's what freedom, liberty, etc all means. I guess not all americans are smart enough to understand the real meaning of these words.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by santigwar

second, we are lag behind USA, there is nothing to be shamed to study in an advanced country and go back later to make our own country stonger and more democratic.

and hey thats plain "using" the americans for this. lol.
and now youre telling them now that theyre an advanced country, i thought youre refering them as "stupid losing brains".

you really thought theyre better than ours now eh.

and i just wonder where americans study when theyre not that an advanced country and go back later to make their own country "stonger" and more democratic, in spain maybe? lol.

read my post again before you post anything. you are done here.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Listen, would you guys mind canning the childish a$$ rubbing? What is this a junior high school?

We had a thread about Chinese nuclear subs. Can we stick to the topic, or have you said everything you have to say, and you just continue to post out of reflex.

Another ATS thread bites the dust...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So gentlemen, I know quite a lot of Chinese pretty well. From them I learned that most Chinese are very modest. Being modest is really a big virtue.

Some of them told me that China/Chinese should be low-tone now and will still be very modest when they become the superpower in the future. Seems to me you guys are not really like those I know of. I doubt China can really grow into a superpower with respect from the rest of the world if you have so many "enemies" (almost every of your neighbors, such as russia, india, vietnam, and..). Then what is the difference between a to-be "superpower China" and the current superpower?

Isn't it more to the Chinese intersts to invest more of the resources to civil projects, rather than nuclear subs? After all, China is not that rich yet.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by fuelcell]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes modesty is a virtue out here. I learn a lot from the Chinese too. Confucius Thought 'KongZiSiShang' is still part of the society at least in the region I live in. To the other Chinese on the board and those who are suspiciously sounding western but saying they're Chinese, probably just HuaRen or not, I think it's a pity to listen to such crap by those other people. Please don't respond.

As I stared this thread I did not expect it to be a big interest to others. Most of my postings go ignored around here. I am really learning a lot from others about the subs ...the insight is valuable. I'd like to see this topic continue but and for us to stay away from those who insite 'FeiHua' or garbage talk.

I think to continue this thread we need more substance. Anyone have anything to contribute regarding the world-wide impacts of a Nuclear Submarine Naval Force operating in International waters by the....Chinese!!

Originally posted by fuelcell
So gentlemen, I know quite a lot of Chinese pretty well. From them I learned that most Chinese are very modest. Being modest is really a big virtue.

Some of them told me that China/Chinese should be low-tone now and will still be very modest when they become the superpower in the future. Seems to me you guys are not really like those I know of. I doubt China can really grow into a superpower with respect from the rest of the world if you have so many "enemies" (almost every of your neighbors, such as russia, india, vietnam, and..). Then what is the difference between a to-be "superpower China" and the current superpower?

Isn't it more to the Chinese intersts to invest more of the resources to civil projects, rather than nuclear subs? After all, China is not that rich yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Gentlemen,

I have always provided substance as for as the topic is concerned. However, some of you americans just can not refrain from off-top stuff. As a result, we have to respond to them.

as for modesty being a virtue. This is true in all societies. I have lived in the US for many years too and learned many things from you as well. The virtue is not to be modest; the virtue is to always give the truth. Some truth are indeed modest, but many are not. However, being modest doesn't mean being defensive. We have known to take offensive as well. I think your interpretation and observation of our culture is quite incomplete. It can not take a modest culture to be one of the largest and most lasting empire in human history. It takes all the virtues to achieve what we have achieved in our 5000 year of history, with modesty being but one of our many virtues.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuelcell

we are very modest as long as some arrogant, igonrant, cold-war ideological, right wing people dont take it for granted that they can f***k anybody in this world
............basically....... I guess that is point .

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Shake hands, OOPs.

No doubt, China is rising. It should rise peacefully. The world is only willing to see a peacefully new superpower.

I am not an expert in military issues. So I don't have much to add to your post. I know something about energy, alternative fuels, including fuel cells, as my id indicates.

Hawkssss/proteinx: I am not saying being modest should be the only virtue. but,.. it is important. At least, it is to china's interests to get along with the world, esp the neighbors. u mighthave many reaon to blame the world, but all the same, think of yourself. Don't be hated by the rest of world, like the one being hated now. It is wise to be a different, more respectable superpower. You agree?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hawkssss as I said in my previous post I wish we could just forget about those other people who speak 'FeiHua' We don't need them, but they need us to respond. We should forget about them.

Originally posted by Hawkssss
Gentlemen,

I have always provided substance as for as the topic is concerned. However, some of you americans just can not refrain from off-top stuff. As a result, we have to respond to them.

as for modesty being a virtue. This is true in all societies. I have lived in the US for many years too and learned many things from you as well. The virtue is not to be modest; the virtue is to always give the truth. Some truth are indeed modest, but many are not. However, being modest doesn't mean being defensive. We have known to take offensive as well. I think your interpretation and observation of our culture is quite incomplete. It can not take a modest culture to be one of the largest and most lasting empire in human history. It takes all the virtues to achieve what we have achieved in our 5000 year of history, with modesty being but one of our many virtues.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
We only agree to disagree and will be as modest as we can and necessary. So long as there are off-top bullcrap from americans, we will responde to that.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
seems Japan is throwing away its Peace Chart and possibly starts making A-bomb anf nuclear subs/carriers also. This, too, should change the world's balance. Or at least, China;s new subs might accelerate such a Jap sub program. India and S korea can be new candidates to the list.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Seeing as we are both in the same boat...from one country living in eachother's...We both can share a lot about what we are experiencing and learn from it. Like I said earlier..it's nice to meet you and I agree we should always confront Arrogant Pricks...but this thread is not the place...Maybe if you seriously have beef you can U2U the guy...but it's just boggin down the thread to respond to every person that wants to pick a fight with the Chinese. Don't misunderstand I'm on your side on this...but let's just take the fight somewhere else. Maybe we can start a ChitChat thread Titled...Chinese Against Arrogant American A-Holes

We only agree to disagree and will be as modest as we can and necessary. So long as there are off-top bullcrap from americans, we will responde to that.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by 00PS]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Verbal semantics, along with the derogatory comments, the Chinese are indeed making an effort to compete in and on the world affairs (military, economic, and political) table. It will not be long before the world possibly enters into a "Cold War II" type scenerio, when China gains complete and total access (by their own building capabilities) to build, man, and maintain an international nuclear strike capability(s) with their version of a SSBN.

The matter needs to be discussed with the seriousness it deserves, for the matter at hand is real, not a 'fairy tale'.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

and I am happy to take role for that. say, red face and white face?

that is how every nation plays in the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't think all americans were white are they? Hmmm So we would have to probably say melting pot face now wouldn't we........I see the 4 warns you have have probably been for things like what you said before...Please in page 5 I asked people to stop this so we can continue the discussion...but as I fear the thread is already dead..

[edit on 6-12-2004 by 00PS]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
I don't think all americans were white are they? Hmmm So we would have to probably say melting pot face now wouldn't we........I see the 4 warns you have have probably been for things like what you said before...Please in page 5 I asked people to stop this so we can continue the discussion...but as I fear the thread is already dead..

[edit on 6-12-2004 by 00PS]

no, you dont undestand what "white face and red face " means.
It means "carrot and stick". things like that.
do you see when USA doing anything it shows double faces?

Nox

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

no, you dont undestand what "white face and red face " means.
It means "carrot and stick". things like that.
do you see when USA doing anything it shows double faces?

Well, as you pointed out yourself, that's how every country plays it.

America is held to so many double standards for being a superpower, it's no wonder we have "two faces".

I'm sure China would be "off the top" just as much as America if it were in our position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join