It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Submarines...wait...Chinese?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
About the Akula bid failing I don't know what to say but I found this article in the Moscow times saying that the Akula and the Tu-22 bomber deals were a go..Also Russia invites India to bid in Yukos a gesture which i am lead to believe was denied to the chinese...Putin is in India for a 3 day visit..will clarify all defence deals once the visit is over...

www.themoscowtimes.com...

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Daedalus, I think both Russia and India want to keep people guessing on the Akula deal. There is rumor that the second Amur class boat is for you guys too...but that's just a rumor...

Interfax reported the Akula deal in October, and said the contracts had been signed back in January, and that the boat was 85% complete. Almost immediately this was denied by the Russian Defence Minister and a spokesman from the IN. But Interfax is usually pretty reliable, and it's not unusual for military sources to deny such a capability, especially wrt SSN's. I think the Akula deal is alive and well.

On a similar note, I see that you guys are near to approving the deal with France for building the 6 Scorpenes. The Defence and Finance ministries have given their approval, so it's up to the Security cabinet for the final okay.

Let's see, there is the ATV project...one or two Akulas...possibly an Amur...half a dozen Scorpenes...4 209's...and 10 Kilos

You guys are setting up a pretty potent sub fleet!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I personally don't see what the big deal about the U.S. being in Iraq over oil is; oil is an essential resource; in order to remain a superpower, one has to go acquire it. Yeah, it infringes on the lives of the people living in the region, but if the U.S. doesn't, eventually someone else will.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Your theory of international relations quite paralells's your username...That would be a broadsword national security policy theory and I think Condoleeza Rice is right behind you on that one, that or either you're right behind her...actually I don't really want to know where you are but that's kinda way off topic don't you think? There should be an Iraq war discussion at ATS...at least one...

As for the subs...All that lingo you guys throw out I'm not too familiar with, so I gotta go do some more research before I can post back again...Nuclear Subs in the Hands of the Chinese...dun dun dun dunnnnnnn

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sorry Oops.
Not sure what lingo you don't understand, but here are a few acronyms to help you better understand the discussion.

SSN-nuclear powered attack submarine
SSK-conventional attack submarine
SSG-conventional guided missile submarine
SSGN-nuclear powered guided missile submarine
SSBN-nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine
AIP-Air Independent Propulsion (used on conventional submarines for extended operations submerged)

Conventional submarines are diesel-electric powered. They have to be fueled, and they have to be at or very near the surface to charge their batteries, because their diesel engines need air. The propellers are driven by electric motors. Conventional subs are not blue water boats, they operate in littoral zones (close to shore).

Nuclear subs are blue water boats. They can operate for several years without refueling. All they need are support vessels to replace ships stores. SSBN's (boomers) are designed to operate under the polar cap and punch through the ice to launch their missiles. Polar launches are usually the shortest route to a target.

If I left something out, just ask.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by engineer]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
But, quickly, the biggest of them all is US and its pawns, japan, philiphines, etc. Then russia is not really of no threat. India, we still have disputes with. Then vietnam is also a force to be reckened with.

hmmm... youre talking about the US as the biggest enemy. can i ask you where you are now dude? and what are you doing there? and why?

are you a spy?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
About the thing that Amurs can be equipped with Fuel Cell Drive was on www.sina.com.cn. The system is equivilent to the German's fuel cell drive currently on the world's most advanced submarine.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am in the US but what does that have anything to do with anything?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by santigwar

But, quickly, the biggest of them all is US and its pawns, japan, philiphines, etc. Then russia is not really of no threat. India, we still have disputes with. Then vietnam is also a force to be reckened with.

hmmm... youre talking about the US as the biggest enemy. can i ask you where you are now dude? and what are you doing there? and why?

are you a spy?

you donot have to make such stupid jokes, it is quite stupid and dangerous jokes personally.

I believe Hawksss mean those people who have strong "cold war" ideology and american extreme right wing people (unfortunately, there are bunch of them controlling this government).

As I said, there is no fundermental benefit conflict between USA and China except energy resources as long as US won't involve into Taiwan issue. Even energy resource, if we work hard together, there is very high probability we can find alternative ways.

However, we all know human being have not evovled too much for thousands years......we are selfish, and many ugly politicians just want more and more powers.........that cause problems for all the human kinds in this planet.

If Clinton was still in USA government, this world will be much better place, he is the only pursuing real globalization economically and politically. But, we all know who are controlling America at this moment, they have no interest abot world peace or whatsoever, all the matters is their oil, militrary business. And, they are arrogant and stupid many times. That can certain makes USA face many many enemies around the world.

But again, since USA is such powerful, no nation can really do anything about it. only about 40-50% of American understand what is going wrong here. And, if USA decline, it declines from inside, instead of from outside.

santigwar, just start from thinking about your or your friends' wages and the american dollars.

American enemy, it is just itself. it will implode and crash before anyone has the ability to defeat it. Like Rome

[edit on 4-12-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

it has to do with anything with what youre implying in your posts.
you despise them right? yet youre in US of A. why dont you just go home in china and fight or whatever from there. that would make it more a little cooler and more dignified to look at.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

it has to do with anything with what youre implying in your posts.
you despise them right? yet youre in US of A. why dont you just go home in china and fight or whatever from there. that would make it more a little cooler and more dignified to look at.

you can be sued for this, stupid

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Most young people are here because of their family is here or they are currently receiving an education at an American university (its better for their careers if they have a foreign education, easier to work in foreign invested companies.)

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
my father raise no stupid proteinx

so sue me. am in china you know

Originally posted by COWlan
Most young people are here because of their family is here or they are currently receiving an education at an American university (its better for their careers if they have a foreign education, easier to work in foreign invested companies.)

why not study in your russian allies or whereever dude, why US of A? you think because theyre a lot better than yours and your allies education. cmon, man. face it.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Russians are not our natural allies and Russian diplomas are not internationally approved just like China's. If you ever go to America, Canada or Europe then you'll know they don't recognize Chinese university diplomas and educations and thats why you'll need to go to foreign universities to obtain the degree.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Russians are not our natural allies and Russian diplomas are not internationally approved just like China's. If you ever go to America, Canada or Europe then you'll know they don't recognize Chinese university diplomas and educations and thats why you'll need to go to foreign universities to obtain the degree.

not really, many universities degree in both countries are recoganized by US. Otherwise, Chinese student cannot get permitted to study in graduate school (most of them finish their undergraduate in China)

By the way, santigwar, you might not stupid, but your fellows become more and more stupid, that is just true, check cnn last night report (american brian drain), more than 60% doctor degree or other high level degrees are obtained by Chinese or indians in USA universities. Enrollment of American in US university for science and technoloy keep declining for 30% in last 3 years. In my university, 5/7 new faculties are from other countries. 3 years ago, there were none Chinese faculties in my department, there are 7 now and some is doing military defense related projects. Now, if you want to call all of them are spies. you people will just become peasant or farmer again just like what you originally were. In fact, most of you are becoming low level worker now according to the new economic statistic report. Especially in Chemistry, biologiy, math, physics science, Chinese graduate students and postoc dominante in almost every university.

The old American is losing brain. That is reason whenever you cannot argue with other people anymore, you call other people spy. --------plain simple, cause you are stupid.

The new American are arising, as more and more Chinese become powerful and deeply involved into the politics in this country. USA and China cannot make wars at all.........of course, before stupid American ruin this beautiful country.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
lol.
as ive said am not american, am not either in US of A. and i never dreamed of going to US of A. am asian much like you
but lets see how your american enemies react to your post about being americans as degradingly stupid as their "education system and defence projects" thats already been infiltrated by your kind. lol.

Originally posted by proteinx
not really, many universities degree in both countries are recoganized by US. Otherwise, Chinese student cannot get permitted to study in graduate school (most of them finish their undergraduate in China)

i just wonder why? ill quit arguing if you just go home and savor your communist country offers and just study there. as ive said its more justifiable and more dignified with your kind of point of view in US of A like that.

am cool

[edit on 4-12-2004 by santigwar]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

lol.
as ive said am not american, am not either in US of A. and i never dreamed of going to US of A. am asian much like you
but lets see how your american enemies react to your post about being americans as degradingly stupid as their "education system and defence projects" thats already been infiltrated by your kind. lol.

oh, if you are not, then it is my fault.
but, now it is clear why you are even more stupid.

Cause american know if they call every Chinese here are spies as you do, they will really make themeselves look stupid as you.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
why dont you answer my question, my chinese brother?

lol

and am merely asking Hawkssss if hes a spy, not calling him a spy.
whole a lot of meaning the two sentence my chinese brother. are you stupid?

[edit on 4-12-2004 by santigwar]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

why dont you answer my question, my chinese brother?

lol

first, I have no intention to save "communist country" as many other chinese, we just save "our country"

second, we are lag behind USA, there is nothing to be shamed to study in an advanced country and go back later to make our own country stonger and more democratic.

Third, I dont know which country you are from, but when China become even stronger (it is happening now), you can just shut you stupid a*s*s*h*o*l*e and go back to f*u*c*k yourself, happy about the answers?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx

By the way, santigwar, you might not stupid, but your fellows become more and more stupid, that is just true, check cnn last night report (american brian drain), more than 60% doctor degree or other high level degrees are obtained by Chinese or indians in USA universities. Enrollment of American in US university for science and technoloy keep declining for 30% in last 3 years. In my university, 5/7 new faculties are from other countries. 3 years ago, there were none Chinese faculties in my department, there are 7 now and some is doing military defense related projects. Now, if you want to call all of them are spies. you people will just become peasant or farmer again just like what you originally were. In fact, most of you are becoming low level worker now according to the new economic statistic report. Especially in Chemistry, biologiy, math, physics science, Chinese graduate students and postoc dominante in almost every university.

The old American is losing brain. That is reason whenever you cannot argue with other people anymore, you call other people spy. --------plain simple, cause you are stupid.

The new American are arising, as more and more Chinese become powerful and deeply involved into the politics in this country. USA and China cannot make wars at all.........of course, before stupid American ruin this beautiful country.

I would know because I COULDN'T Find a job in my old profession because stupid Canadian companies wouldn't recognize my degree in Automotive Engineering. Its university again and more cources for me.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by COWlan]

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join