It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way to Peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The problem is that its starting to appear that Israel doesn’t really want peace.

As if they are provoking the madmen of Hamas.

Look it up yourself, EVERYTIME, literally, there is a peace conference Israel builds settlements, a sure thing to rile the Arabs up, and they storm out of the meetings!
With their pride intact but still no nation.

The Arabs are easily manipulated by the Israelis and never seem to get it.

And then they go and vote for this death cult HAMAS, playing right into Israeli hands

This will never end until the Arabs, who have right on their side, still their pride and get something valuable in the strategic struggle: patience.

Make the world see that Israel doesn’t really want peace

Or try the Gandhian way

Of course I am only making suggestions; I have no right in telling anyone how to fight their struggle for freedom

But I do know this

HAMAS AINT THE RIGHT WAY!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The problem is that its starting to appear that Israel doesn’t really want peace.

Well that is so wrong that anything can be wrong..
Israel just want to be left alone and live in peace, and not being bombarded by rockets..
Hamas started this "war"

Watch and learn

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

How come you ignore the part of Israeli always building settlements and expanding their reach into Palestinian territory?

If they want to be left alone a good start is to stop the encroachment on Palestinian land.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I think I mentioned that. No doubt the Palestinians have right on their side but the Israelis have American weapons on theirs.

So the Arabs have to be more strategically astute.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hamas is deplorable from every perspective.

I am all for the Palestinians but Hamas, as I have said often, is a death cult.
All they know is death and destruction.

In their own religion there is a philosophy of tolerance and forgiveness they need to invoke.

If not for morality than the reality that Israel will have bigger and better weapons and that the US will never let the Arabs throw the Israelis into the sea.

Its something the Buddhist call “Skillful means” try using it...

Rather than always violent bluster and threats.

The Arabs lack that

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Red team, blue team
Children are dead
Red team, blue team
Shot in the head

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Proverb:
Whoever incites the lion to strike the family is as guilty as the lion

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Palestine being manipulated by Israel?
or is Israel being manipulated by Hamas?

Hamas shot a bunch of missiles into Israel territory at random locations, mostly into areas with no population.
Israel struck back with all their arsenal killing many civilians,children included.
Now,what were you expecting when Hamas hid their weapons on schools? When their leaders hide between residential areas?

This is a senseless war.
Palestine is being controlled by bloodthirsty extremists who don't really care how many innocents die.
Israle is being controlled by military extremists who don't really care how many innocents die

It's silly, horrible and no one really wins. The losing party will be the people of palestine and israel, i know that much.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: metodex

I agree

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Think the fancy word these days is "collateral damage".

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Is the era,
Era of technical death.
Military industrial complex murder

I imagine we in America, so far, are lucky, so far?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Historically, America has been full of death, genocide, mass murder, and everything else.

In "America" we have not been "lucky". All it takes is "research" and one finds the casualties of the cartels over the years. It ain't been pretty. No amount of "Captain America" propaganda can erase the bloody past of this nation.

What do you think the red in red, white, and blue stands for if not blood?

edit on 26-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Lucky in the sense we have yet to be subject to arial bombing on a massive scale.

I agree that this country is swimming in blood
And hypocrisy

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Aerial bombings are frightening because as a citizen you have no way to fight back.

Psychologically it damages the mind because the body has no true way to react, instead you develop a disorder. One where your mind has no possible routes to adjust to. You become damaged and scared. Frightened to your corner every time you hear a sound that is like a bomb.

If you grew up in an abusive household you may have already developed a psychological defense system against that type of powerlessness. That is why in times of trouble, the least troubled will fall behind and the most #ed up will lead ahead. The abused become the leaders of the normal and average. Sadly.

This game is tired and old. We keep repeating our stupidity because the masses refuse to read.

Even when the information is handed to them on a golden platter called the internet.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Drop Global Borders and allow everyone to get the heck out of that hades-hole,no one will WANT to stay if they are free to leave,ha ha ha ha.

If all of these poor suffering suppressed people from both sides were given half a fighting chance to build better happier lives elsewhere for them and their children they would in the vast majority do so.

What good is a military or Nukes in lonely Bunkers when there are NO PEOPLE?

This is a Global issue ,it isnt just between a few small Countries,and when we begin to come together to solve these small flashpoints proactively is when we will unite as a Species Globally,and might is not the path,dropping Global Borders is the Path.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You know why borders exist?

Because someone profits from their existence.

I tried to find the youtube video for guy on youtube who said "You know what immigration is really called?...Moving."

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
They call these asymmetric wars because Israel is so much more powerful than Gaza. No-one goes into a war to be defeated so both will play dirty tricks to get the upper hand. Hamas wants its civilians killed to evoke world wide condemnation. Meanwhile Israel feels it must go in hard to show that it means business.

And all along, the innocents on both sides are getting killed. And in those innocent people is stirring the next set of militants, that Hamas or the right wing of the Israelis can tap into for the next conflict.

There is a political game for Israelis here as well, the politician who is seen as weak to the enemy may lose votes. Thatcher won her re-election through the Falkands war. Real peace is much harder to broker and a politician rarely has the time to actually benefit from the success (as it is often not a quick fix). I can only think Mo Mowlem and Ireland being an exception.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Another thought for peace.

In the 1980s, the caging of football fans was stopped due to various uk tragedies. At the time, they thought that this would cause violence between fans as they seemed to be so much hatred when the fences were up. To cut a long story short- it never happened.

So I say, relax the borders between Palenstine and Israel. Make people aware that there is little difference between the real everyday people of these countries. Help people have true sympathy for their neighbours and at the same time reduce the power of the war mongerers. Yes there will be the odd tragedy, but as barriers come down around the world (look at eu), I see this as inevitable and would salute the person brave enough to do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
They must unite into one people. Without that there will be no peace. Neither side is willing to give up their own identity to be absorbed into a joint identity. Both are afraid of losing their selves into the other. They are genetically the same. They are brothers by blood separated by religion and politics.

Only in creating a United Democracy will they find peace there. Israel will never do this because they are outnumbered, meaning they would lose their will and identity if they became a democracy with the Palestinians.

Might makes right. The other way to peace is by decimating your enemy. Israel is the only of the two who can do this and that is where this will lead.

The first option would require a very odd joint constitution giving the minority (Jews) equal governing power of the majority (Palestinians. The Palestinians would not likely accept this as its not true democracy and not really fair. It is however the one way to peace between them. To become one.

War it is. Neither side is willing to make the huge sacrifice in pride that is required for peace.

Israel will win, has already won.

new topics

top topics

join