It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Gaza's Rubble: Rockets and Revenge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Really. LOL. You ignore the points I make about the missing "balance". I have no illusions of what Israel is capable of.

It's a big reason why this course of action is the least damaging overall. I need no "links". My mind is made up.

I fully support Israel in the elimination of Hamas in Gaza.

Ignorance? Hamas/Iran traces right back to Nazi Germany....also ignored by you and the media in general. Well, maybe not ignored..perhaps Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Balance? This is what I'm talking about. First you tell me that no one was killed in the strikes on hospitals. Turns out that you're wrong. Now you're gonna ignore what multiple outlets are reporting because their facts and you're assumptions don't add up. Then you bring up Iran and Nazi Germany accusing me of not talking about it.

You're all over the place. So I guess we'll just have to kindly agree to disagree, all except for Hamas being removed. I don't agree with the way the Ring Wing led Israel plans on removing them, deadly airstrikes killing mostly civilians and displacing well over 100,000 Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

And it is beyond my belief why you would support a terrorist group.

You mean like Israel? Their weapons are very terrifying. Whats amazing to me is how thick the blinders have to be to call what is occurring there "war" …

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Casualties of war? War? Israel vs Gaza is not what I would call a war. More like a massacre. Israeli airstrikes in Gaza is akin to shooting fish in a barrel.

It's well known Hamas hides amongst the population but seriously where else would they be at? I'm not at all aware of any military bases in the small territory that is Gaza. But you're right, Hamas ups the ante by hiding amongst civilians hoping Israel will turn them into martyrs. Well Israel fulfills Hamas' desire and the Palestinian death count is disgustingly high. Israel is just as guilty as Hamas.

You can't understand why I support terrorists? Please point out anywhere in this thread where I'm supporting Hamas or any other terrorist group because you're invalidated claims are very, very offensive.

edit on 26-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I agree that both sides are evil and a danger to the public, but Hamas is a resistance force, is it not? Why would they fire missiles into Israel when a) Iron dome intercepts a vast majority of missiles and b) What would they gain from it? Israels biggest problem is the Gaza tunnels, supposedly there is a big network under Gaza of concrete tunnels (Although the articcle I read that from said they used 100 million tonnes of concrete which a) is a ridiculous amount of concrete, and b) If Hamas is so uneducated, uncivilised and poor where in the hell did they get the money to construct these tunnels? Also, thing brings another question - why were there missiles in UN schools when the majority of their rockets and weapons are kept in said tunnels, there would be no need, is there any evidence I can look at to prove hamas fire their rockets from schools and hospitals? I find this hard to believe.

Can someone give me sources and actual evidence of hamas having it's main focus to martyr it's own people? Not heard that before and sounds...questionable. I really do believe Hamas is a resistance force and is being demonized as terrorists, they're not even a politiccal party yet the west claim they are? Forget about the 3 Israeli teens that were supposedly killed by Hamas. I bet a lot of you don't know Israeli soldiers killed 6 kids ranging from the ages of 7 and 19 in the first 5 months of this year. Before any of this even started, yet there's no sympathy or a reaction from palastine? Well, if there was it definately wasn't as wide spread in the MSM.

Sad times we live in when hundredds of thousands of people have to protest to show a government what it's doing is wrong

edit on 27/7/2014 by conz1992 because: f

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
fwiw,

amid all the confusion...

it feels like hamas thinks they are battling the devil itself->>>vise-versa?

ptsd

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can affect those who personally experience the catastrophe, those who witness it, and those who pick up the pieces afterwards, including emergency workers and law enforcement officers. It can even occur in the friends or family members of those who went through the actual trauma.

each new horror begets more horrors in a cycle of endless horrors...

pull it quote; such a terrible loss of life

Silverstein's Quote:

"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse."

maybe we should require both sides relinquish their arms long enough to hug things out?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I try to cover the overview. There was one hospital that I was aware of. Your links were of previous incidents I wasn't aware of.

You want Hamas gone?? I'm skeptical of your claim. just how would you propose to remove Hamas other than the "right wing" of Israel seeking "revenge"? How does one stop missile strikes from schools and hospitals?

The connection between Iran and Nazi Germany and hence anti-Jewish sentiment is an easily verifiable point. It goes a long way to explain Israeli actions. "Never again" is almost a national anthem in Israel.

We must have a different understanding of Hamas' goals. We certainly have different views of war. You seem to apply a civilian's mores on an act that is by definition psychotic.

Failure to defeat Hamas could very well result in a regional nuclear war. Public PR via the media is their biggest weapon.

You are merely adding to it's effectiveness. Very contradictory to your stated desire to see Hamas gone.

edit on 27-7-2014 by nwtrucker because: grammar

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You don't think I want to see Hamas gone? I don't know how you misinterpreted all my posts but I very clearly am disgusted by Hamas as well as the Israeli govt. Problem with removing Hamas would require the Palestinian people wanting to remove them and they clearly want Hamas in power. At this point the Palestinians in Gaza are playing the role of victims, more specifically martyrs, and Hamas is more than happy to allow this to happen.

As far as nuclear war, what are you smoking? As far as Nazis, well there are many avenues that lead back to them but if you think the Palestians are full filling Hitlers goals you're way off the mark.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So you say that this requires the Palestinian people to remove Hamas and "clearly" they won't?

That's your solution?? So Israel, in your mind, should wait for what you say won't happen?

Let Hamas fire rockets at their nuclear plant in Tel Aviv?? Do nothing?

Your post doesn't give an alternative for Israel.

The Nazi reference was more directed at Hamas and their Iranian connection than the Palestinians, per say. Still, if you think that almost lock-step rhetoric of the whole of the Muslim world isn't connected with that mindset, it's you who is sadly mistaken.

So, once again, what is your solution to Hamas??

I believe were have reached the actual crux of this situation. If you cannot come up with an alternative solution-I can't,- then Israel has no other choice.

I certainly do not doubt that Israel would use nukes against Iran as, militarily, Israel hasn't sufficient means to take out Iran's facilities conventionally. Too far, too large and advanced SAM system in Iran. Now add in the potential of a rocket hit on their nuclear plant? An event that would turn Tel Aviv into a second Chernobyl -AKA uninhabitable? The virtual end of Israel??

Now that's where your "revenge" would come into play. A horrific scenario....

That is why I support the current actions of Israel. The line that has been crossed is those rockets aimed at the Nuclear Plant. It cannot be uncrossed. ANY acquiescence by Israel, at this stage, would be viewed by Hamas-and others- as an empowerment...a victory, of sorts. It must be stopped. Now.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The problem of Hamas is they support and encourage the endless cycle of violence. The Palestinians hatred for Israel stems all the way back to Israel's creation & some years prior. We all know this. If you want Hamas to cease with the violence then Israel must cease to exist and the Israelis to move away. We all know this isn't ever gonna be a reality. Had Israel not been created do you really the Muslim world would be following the Nazi doctrine, as you put it?

So what's the solution? Sadly there is no solution, none that I, you, or the UN can think of. What's the reality? Endless violence. What can Israel do? Continue to protect itself, which they do well with the Iron Dome, military, blockades, sanctions, etc.

The only solution I can think of is for Israel to embrace the Palestinian people, mainly the Gazans, and do everything they can to provide an actual quality of life. Kill them with kindness, so to speak.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Then we are in agreement...after Hamas' rockets are neutralized.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join