It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear white people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
But it's good when you make fun of non-blacks, that is entirely acceptable.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
But it's good when you make fun of non-blacks, that is entirely acceptable.

From the trailer the movie is not really making fun of white people. It seems to me, to be about a biracial young lady who is trying to come to terms with herself. I saw more jokes making fun of black people in the trailer than jokes making fun of white people.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I do agree with you. The trailer led me to believe it shows the ridiculousness of racism on both sides. We have to put racism behind us and maybe the best place to start is showing the humor side of it and get us laughing at just how foolish racism truly is.

Now if Spike Lee was behind this I'm sure I wouldn't feel the same way about this movie.
edit on 26-7-2014 by 2manyholes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes
Now if Spike Lee was behind this I'm sure I wouldn't feel the same way about this movie.

Even if it was the exact same movie? What does the producer have to do with it? It looks like a good movie, I think...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Black people cant be racist? what kind of message is this?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed
a reply to: TechniXcality

Ignorance

Not worth my time watching.....
'nuff said

It is totally funny! you should take a peek! ;-)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

You agree with this message?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Looking for more info on this movie, I found this...

15 of the Most Outrageously Stupid Responses To The ‘Dear White People’ Movie Trailer (And Smart Responses To Them).

An example...

Comment: “Let’s fight racism by spending all our time talking about race (sarcastic).”

Response: "Two generals approach a battle field: one has not discussed a war strategy, hell he hasn’t even acknowledged that there is a war to his troops. The other has a detailed plan of action and his soldiers have been prepared and trained. Who will win the fight?"

Excellent!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Do you agree with everything everyone says in every movie you watch? Your hyper-sensitivity is showing. People have opinions and they might show up in movies. You don't have to agree with every message in the movie to like it. In fact, if there's not some kind of "tension" and various opinions in the movie, it's probably going to suck!

Chill out.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Lol I don't think you get the point of it...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

One that your are not getting.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Here you go a two in one

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

Ignorance

Not worth my time watching.....
'nuff said

I agree,

Won't be sitting through that.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm gonna get crap for this but I wont see this film, rent this film or even bother talking about this film beyond this post. The simple reason is that it doesn't satire anything, its clearly attempting to boost the growing racism that exists in the world and No i'm not talking black on white, white on white or black on black. I'm talking about all and any racism.

This film reminds me of a Spike Lee film, showing the Black people as superior or better than a white person. It seems and I'm only going by the trailer and reserve the right to change my mind when I watch the film (which will be never) any white character in the film is made to look like an arse and a racist just because you add some comedic style music or make a few jokes doesn't change the fact that it is clearly an attempt to increase the black hating white issue and the title alone was used to grab the papers, and media attention to boost sales and tickets.

I ask any budding director/writer out there to make a film and call it DEAR BLACK PEOPLE, it would be torn asunder people would demand the title change, people would boycott the film. Dont give me the 'Oh they even mention that' in the film crap because its clearly their way of covering themselves if its mentioned in an interview.

DEAR WHITE PEOPLE IS A RACIST TITLE AND A RACIST ATTACK STEREOTYPING EVERY WHITE PERSON TRYING TO MAKE OUT LIKE WE ALL THINK THE SAME ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. DISGUSTED THAT THIS WAS MADE.

(Funny thing, this is the kind of reaction that they wanted to get out of most people and yes by the way I'm white though my skin colour shouldn't matter)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
People sure have their pantys in a bunch. Its a comedy. Thats it. A comedy. I do not care if it is racist. It does not seem to be. But I would not care. Too many people are jumping down comedians throats these days. I laugh at aids jokes but dont laugh at aids. I laugh at rape jokes but dont laugh at rape. I laugh at race jokes but dont laugh at race.

Now if this was a documentary thats a different story but its a comedy.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Freeze the first trailer in the OP at 42 seconds and see an eye within a triangle.
edit on 26-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85

I ask any budding director/writer out there to make a film and call it DEAR BLACK PEOPLE

I would watch that movie if it was funny just like i am probably gonna watch dear white people.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Danny85

Looks like another person that didn't watch the trailer. Yall can keep making your judgements, and that is what they are. But it you refuse to watch it then you can't talk about it and say for a fact what it's message is.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

God! I LOVED that show! Thanks for posting that, I laughed out loud!

People these days are so hyper-sensitive about ANY discussion of race and it's really sad that we've lost the message portrayed in that video by simpletons, Archie Bunker and George Jefferson.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I guess I'll just be honest, I can't tell if this film is going to solve problems or create problems. I do understand satire.....I guess it's just too hard to tell from the trailer what kind of message is meant to be sent, and if the message comes across clearly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join