It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uyghur uprising in China, China's very own Arab Spring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Rebellion

I heard about this on a podcast so i did a search and came across this.

The Uighurs are an ethnic group in China who are predominantly muslim. The Communist regime has systematically repressed their culture and religion, which makes them an interesting case study because the majority of Chinese are of Han ethnic origin. This puts Uighurs in cultural, religious, and racial opposition to the regime and the Chinese mainstream.

Apparently this group is responsible for the knife attacks happening in China including the school attack where 22 kids where wounded.

So is the Arab spring spreading into China now?

How come we dont get to hear much about this anywhere?
edit on 7/26/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/26/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

if true then it's further proof that muslim is indeed not a religion of peace...

seems like everywhere they go, violence follows...

i've yet to see a moderate muslim...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: here4awhile

Well, why does Islam attract the most devout and radical of groups?

Perhaps christians are better at covering their actions whereas Islam is very direct and up front with they way they wage war.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: here4awhile

Well, why does Islam attract the most devout and radical of groups?

Perhaps christians are better at covering their actions whereas Islam is very direct and up front with they way they wage war.

Yeah we still do all our decapitating in the closet

We should have a coming out party.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Abu Grahib style?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ah So thats whom Sen John McCain mentioned about an Arab Spring in China? McCain is a sicko.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Bone75

Abu Grahib style?

So you're pinning that one on us too huh?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

S & F for bringing this news to the fore front.
But, China is still controlled by the Central Committee in Beijing and remember during Mao Zedong, when religion was essentially forbidden throughout China, I have to tell you, it has gotten better for other religions other than, the Muslim and the Tibetans.

Why does my Old masters prosecute Tibetans?
They refuse to be adsorbed into China's Culture of None Religion Beliefs. After the Cultural Revolution, Religion was Outlawed you could say and any one found to be practicing was prosecuted and either executed or sent to a Reeducation Camp ( which still operate today ). In the 1980 the practice in your religion became more open and allowed except for much of Tibet, because they still worshiped and revered their Dalai Lama and Monks and Nuns more than the Communist Government.( Not Advisable! )

Now the same thing really applies to the Muslims except, they are considered a Terrorist Organization.
Chinese Central Government vets who can be a cleric, what version of the Koran is acceptable, where religious gatherings may be held, and what may be said. Yes, That's true, But you have to remember, this is China, Not the UK or America.
Many believe it's because of the worldwide campaign against terrorism that has given Beijing the perfect excuse to crack down harder on China’s Muslim Uighurs.
It is also known by the Central Committee, Uighurs desire greater autonomy than is currently allowed and some wish for a separate state.
Not something to wish for when under the Control of a Communist Country.

If China felt like this was a True Form of Arab Spring Raising in China, Trust me when I say, Uighurs would be Crushed into dust and the Chinese Communist Party Could Not Careless What the U N or Obama, ( Especially Obama ) had to say about it.
I hope this helps, I have not talked to any of my old work comrades in Beijing about the Muslims in awhile so I really don't have up to date information.
edit on 26-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Interesting to see from different view.
China would fragment if not for the iron fist. That same level of control is creeping into the west.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

WARNING ! ! ! REAL GENOCIDE VICTIMS - DON'T CLICK IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO HANDLE IT
www.uyghurgenocide.com...

Chinese Communist party vs East Turkestan a.k.a Uyghuristan ?

Uyghurs all the way of course .

doo-ooh !

edit on 26-7-2014 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join