It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Avatars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's something I just said to another member in a post:

Your avatar says it all, as most people's do.

I sincerely believe this. But I 'm not talking about the messages that people mean to convey with their avatars. Those are trivial.

I mean what people unconsciously say about themselves through their avatars. The unconscious revelations of self and soul that are visible to others with insight, but completely invisible to the person who uses the avatar.

Below, I offer a selection of my own avatars. Some of them were chosen to convey a particular idea, or position; others were selected purely on a whim. But — if what I said to my friend in the other thread is true — all these avatars reveal something about me, something of which I am probably not aware.

So here's your chance, folks, to play psychologist. Take a look at my avatars, and tell me what they say about me to you. Don't bother to pull your punches; there are elephants who envy the coarseness of my hide.

Here they are. Have fun.

(I wonder how many of you will recognize that one?)

There've been many more over the years, but the rest were lost when the Great Site Rethink occurred a few years ago and all our previously uploaded images vanished into cyberspace.

edit on 26/7/14 by Astyanax because: of typos and things.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think your avatars say that you want to be a pirate and wear tight shiny pants...

But I'm not a doctor soooo....

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You like round things.

Sharp edges make you uncomfortable.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dunno if this will work quoting your pics but here goes.

You were once very ronery!
So ronery!

Then you came full circle

Then you achieved awesome drive

And you saw the point

Of great whalesex

You then decorated yourself

And got back on your feet

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sounds like someone who has taken Psychology 101 and now feels qualified to analyze everyone in the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Oh and your present avatar says that 75% of men do like to wear a bra.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Actually, I know that photo. It's a picture of kidney donors in the illegal organ trade.

Awful.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Feeling a bit tetchy tonight, doggy? Don't worry; the only thing your avatar ever says about you is that you have a spaniel.

And that you don't like giving anything away about yourself, of course.

But this thread isn't about my analysis of other people's avatars. Not unless they ask for it, as you just did.

edit on 26/7/14 by Astyanax because: bad doggie!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

That's right. It's a picture of men with very few options left in life.

As you say: awful.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Sounds like someone who has taken Psychology 101 and now feels qualified to analyze everyone in the world.

Sounds like someones 'sense of humour bypass' was a complete success!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The first supposedly shows your disdain for the previous NK supreme leader BUT since you used a shot from the movie Team America it's actually a poke at the over zealous US MIC.

The last may be an obvious shot at saying some people take themselves way too seriously BUT I suspect in this case it simply says people should do what makes them happy and feel secure with themselves.

OK since you offered what does mine say about me?

edit on 904pm5353pm32014 by Bassago because: Opps wrong picture

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Feeling a bit tetchy tonight, doggy? Don't worry; the only thing your avatar ever says about you is that you have a spaniel.

Really? I was hoping the soulful eyes of my avatar revealed a spiritual calm and serenity... And that I'm a bit of an open-book. Oh, and that I am cool because I have a beautiful GSD. LOL

Anyway, from your avatars, I would say you like clean lines and the water. You have a playful sense of humor and you're an outside-the-box thinker and want to invite others to think.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
cool thread.

here's what i see. you're probably from asia, you're probably male, you're probably in your 50's, you understand that sometimes the sanest response to horror is humor, you are a humanist, you have a keen taste for the absurd.

k, my turn! please be gentle...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think any shrink would have a field day with my avi.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Take a look at my avatars, and tell me what they say about me to you. Don't bother to pull your punches;

a boring guy with google image search who wanted to talk about himself.

i like to talk about myself too, but you should be more subtle.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
hope this isn't rude, being all unsolicipated, but this is real fun.

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

you're probably female, probably married, probably have children, late 30s-mid-40s, you're quirky, moderate, and friendly.

a reply to: loam

maybe female, maybe european, mid-30s, green thumb, warm heart, graphic designer(?).

a reply to: schuyler

you're from north america, male, retired, upper middle class, conservative, unmarried (divorced?), and have a plush recliner you enjoy reading history in, and take very good care of your pup.

a reply to: HumansEh

young, male, blue collar, north american, single, into samurai movies.

a reply to: Bassago

30's, male, euro(?), IT related career, good taste in comics.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

female, late 30's, divorced(?), mother(?), liberal, sociable, outdoorsy, north american.

a reply to: beezzer

yours is the most opaque. male, north american, likes a good laugh.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

male, teens to early 20's, american, single, loves the vidya, mountain dew ziggurat by your battlestation.

edit on 26-7-2014 by ATODASO because: do you even dew, bro?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

That's pretty dead on, but I'm pretty open here. I'm glad it does at least say "friendly".

Your avatar says that you are probably a male. Late 20's to early 30's. You have a job that you like ok, but wish you had the freedom to do something more than what you are currently doing. You sometimes feel stuck at a dead end, but you don't give up on hoping better days are ahead.

It was worth a shot. I'm never good at these things.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

whoa, that's pretty good!

i'm in hvac, i like it ok, but don't wanna do it forever.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

30's, male, euro(?), IT related career, good taste in comics.

Not bad except the age part. I barely remember being in my 30's. Comics, love em. In fact I a had plastic wrapped Ironman #1 and Conan #1 along with a ton of others. Gave them all to my grandson years ago.

Oh, American but spent many years in Europe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join