It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Oppression Of Palestine... Breaking The Silence!!!...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

There was thousands there supporting the cause...
No one showed up in opposition, so that was a majority rules!!!

Secondly, it doesn't seem like you've paid any attention to anything I've said in this thread...
Stop making this about the anti-BBC protest and talk about the IDF organisation in my OP, or join another thread that's relevant to your diatribes!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

With all due respect, the O.P did mention the fact that this protest was never reported on. Therefore, the public we're not informed, that is why it wasn't supported in the way it could have been.

What do the Palestinians do? They agree peace and Israeli settlers will soon move in and start building homes beyond the agreed borders and essentially invade Palestine by seemingly peaceful means.

They have sanctions fiercely thrust upon them and they are made to live in poverty. Yet, yet they still manage to obtain missiles despite the closed borders and the port blockade. Why is this? Israel cannot seemingly prevent this, why is this? To maintain the Status Quo? It doesn't compute I'm afraid, Israel are more powerful whilst they are being attacked, it appears.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
In situations like this one, which has been going on for decades, I step back and look at what is happening to form an opinion. Rockets are being fired at Israel, however they are doing MINIMAL damage. While Israel is going to TOWN on Palestine. The body count pretty much tells the story of what is happening. 20+ Isrealis' have died while 1000+ Palestinians have died. It's not even up for discussion. This isn't defense. It's offense. So how far and how long does Israel go? Because Hamas can't do a thing against them that can stop them from taking Gaza completely over if they want. How far will the international community allow Israel to kill innocent people. And let's not kid ourselves, those missiles are not just hitting Hamas fighters. It's one of the most populated places on earth, you drop a bomb expect civilian causalities. I think Israel is just digging a hole for themselves in Gaza because there are no clear objectives of winning in Gaza. You get all the rockets and then what? How many bodies do you leave in the wake? They are falling into Hamas' hands if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yep, there are massive protests going on the world over...relevant to the slaughter of the people in Gaza. Like I've said before, how can so many people be considered so wrong and yet everything Israel does is so right? About the only people left supporting Israeli actions are the Israelis and the US.

Folks say if Israel meant harm, they could level Gaza...they prefer this slow slaughter route it seems...don't wanna waste all that popcorn whilst enjoying the show.

Main fact, Gaza is out gunned and being attacked with tremendous military might...much of it supplied by US. Gaza citizens have been kept from supplies and basic needs, sewage, medical equipment, electric for a very long time via Israeli actions. Their military might....some old rockets and rocks and old guns. They are being attacked at schools, play grounds, hospitals. That crap that Hamas is using them as human shields doesn't wash. They are all packed in that small area of an open air prison, so the innocents get killed regardless. Israel likes to blame the innocent deaths on that human shields crap.

Who is Hamas anyway? Who's to say they are not like all the other t*errorist factions...backed by Us and/or Israel. There is such a thing as agent provocateurs...stirring up factions too.

Anyone arguing for the Israeli situation never brings out the facts of how they have way more military might...that Gaza folks have had supplies and basic needs cut off from them for a very long amount of time. How they have the strength to fight at all is amazing. Israel has all its basic needs and plenty to fight with. This entire scenario...this war on the folks of Gaza is very un balanced and one sided yet folks come and whine about what Israel has to endure. The amount of deaths in Gaza compared to Israeli death toll numbers speak for themselves. The lesser Jewish folks may be deliberately put on the border so Israel can cry the blues and yet secretly not mourn those deaths as much as folks would believe/think.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
Main fact, Gaza is out gunned and being attacked with tremendous military might

So you think it was stupid of Hamas to provoke Israel by attacking it with thousands of rockets for years?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Goodness me, I don't know who or what to believe anymore!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This argument is getting really old, and to me it sounds really war crimey every time I hear it.

1) There have been people, including many of the Palestinians, living in Palestine for millennia. Many ethnic groups that are not Jewish have been living there, according to not only historical evidence but also according to the very religious texts that the Jews and Christians believe in.

2) Orthodox Jews and Christians find themselves between a rock and a hard place. If they claim that the Old Testament is the inerrant word of God and within that word is the claim that "God" gave Israel to the Jews, then they also have to recognize that the very same "inerrant" "word of the Lord" states that Abraham came from Sumeria (Ur) and the Hebrews invaded the land of Canaan. Hence, the "original claim to the land" is unfounded if coming from a religious perspective.

3) Much anthropological evidence suggests that not only are many Palestinians related genetically to both the canaanites and Jews, but many may in fact be descended from Jews that converted to Christianity or Islam. Hence once again they have a strong claim to the land.

4) According to most international law, no group can really retake land from a 2000 year old claim, uprooting people that have a much more recent claim. Many of the Palestinian's grandparents lived on land that the Israeli's have now taken. We are talking 20th century land claims, not 0 A.D. land claims. If every person were to claim what they assert their relatives had in 0 A.D., virtually all current land ownership in North America and most of Europe would be void. And, who can prove exactly which piece of land their relatives owned in 0 A.D? Very few.

Basically, all SUPERIOR land claims, meaning more than other groups in the area, don't really hold up. I rest my case.

originally posted by: combatmaster

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct 'Palestinian
people' to oppose Zionism.

"For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa.
While as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we
reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan."

(PLO executive committee member Zahir Muhsein, in a 1977
interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw.)

This will be ignored by the ignorant!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
This argument is getting really old, and to me it sounds really war crimey every time I hear it.

1) There have been people, including many of the Palestinians, living in Palestine for millennia. Many ethnic groups that are not Jewish have been living there, according to not only historical evidence but also according to the very religious texts that the Jews and Christians believe in.

2) Orthodox Jews and Christians find themselves between a rock and a hard place. If they claim that the Old Testament is the inerrant word of God and within that word is the claim that "God" gave Israel to the Jews, then they also have to recognize that the very same "inerrant" "word of the Lord" states that Abraham came from Sumeria (Ur) and the Hebrews invaded the land of Canaan. Hence, the "original claim to the land" is unfounded if coming from a religious perspective.

3) Much anthropological evidence suggests that not only are many Palestinians related genetically to both the canaanites and Jews, but many may in fact be descended from Jews that converted to Christianity or Islam. Hence once again they have a strong claim to the land.

4) According to most international law, no group can really retake land from a 2000 year old claim, uprooting people that have a much more recent claim. Many of the Palestinian's grandparents lived on land that the Israeli's have now taken. We are talking 20th century land claims, not 0 A.D. land claims. If every person were to claim what they assert their relatives had in 0 A.D., virtually all current land ownership in North America and most of Europe would be void. And, who can prove exactly which piece of land their relatives owned in 0 A.D? Very few.

Basically, all SUPERIOR land claims, meaning more than other groups in the area, don't really hold up. I rest my case.

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct 'Palestinian

"For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa.
While as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we
reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan."

Israel exists cos the UN voted for it after british mandate. Not god!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Funny I thought the first Jewish temple was built LONG before the UN was even an idea.........

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes, it does. But you have to go to the post I am replying to and many claims that people are STILL making that Jews have more claim to the area than Palestinians due to "original occupancy" or "chosen people" claims. I am addressing those.

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Funny I thought the first Jewish temple was built LONG before the UN was even an idea.........

That too.... all im implying is that either way you look at it, either by ancient law or by modern law, Israel is legit.

The palestinians could have had their own sovereign palestinian country long ago but they decided to go militant and ignore the UN and today (60 years later) they realize that the UN is the only way towards legitimacy in statehood, not jihad, not an ISIS style caliphate etc....... and lets be honest, those barbarians hamas are not the best representative for a nation looking to legitimize a sovereign border for themselves. i feel sorry for the palestinian people.... i dont see how they can come back from this, nothig less than a total overthrow of hamas is what they need to start living a proper life!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fred999
Been visititing ats for about 9 years, never joined up or left comments. But in last couple weeks couldn't believe the peope defending israeli action on this site and others. Where the hell has humanity gone . Common sense. Defending itself by wiping palestine off the map?
LONG LIVE PALESTINE

If stupid Hamas wouldn't attack Israel, Israel wouldn't have to resort to what they're doing. Israel wants peace. Hamas wants the destruction of Israel. Its clear who is the bad guy here. Yeah, Israel killed a lot of civilians. What is your point? It all could have been avoided if Hamas would not attack Israel ON THE OFFENSIVE. Hamas is the aggressor here, despite the casualties. Yet they continue to attack Israel. They continue to reject offers for cease fire and peace. THEY DON'T WANT PEACE THEY WANT ISRAEL GONE. Israel JUST WANTS PEACE. Despite the casualties, Hamas continues to attack. If they would leave Israel alone, agree to a ceasefire, and uphold their end of the bargain AND QUIT ATTACKING ISRAEL, it would be over. But THEY DON'T WANT PEACE THEY WANT ISRAEL GONE OFF THE MAP. Israel is not to blame. Israel is defending itself form Jihadi terrorists. Why are all you ignoring the fact that Hamas is the aggressor here. You're ignoring the fact that Hamas is the aggressor, siding with the aggressor, and blaming Israel for Hamas's actions. Take some responsibility for the rockets Hamas attack on the offensive with and the rejections of ceasefires how about it. Just because Hamas is weaker doesn't make them right.

You say, "I can't believe people are siding with Israel". I can't believe people are siding with the aggressor, Hamas. Israel is tired of getting rockets shot at them by Jihadi terrorists and they are putting a stop to it once and for all. Good for them. LONG LIVE ISRAEL.

edit on 30-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I agree, and if other people would be honest..........

the only reason the fences are even there is because of the damn suicide bombers......

Some act like they put there there just to fence them in or be mean..........

Well if you keep sending people in to blow up markets strapped with bombs pretty soon you wall yourself off cause no one wants to put up with your crap.......

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People still talking about Hamas and ignoring my OP which is nothing to do with Hamas, but IDF soldiers who are speaking out against what they were conscripted to do...

Pro-Zionists only have one argument... And it always begins with "But if Hamas didn't..."

Well thanks for destroying what could have been an amazing thread discussion people...

Deny Ignorance and so forth...

Peace Palestine!!!
Peace Israel!!!

I tried!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What made your bash israel thread any more special then the many other bash israel threads out there?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Nowhere have I bashed Israel in the OP...
You're reading comprehension needs improvement!!!

It's about former IDF soldiers who tell their stories...
Nothing more, nothing less...

And well done again for addressing the OP!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Mods... You've been utterly useless allowing this thread to drift...
Time to test the water in pro-Zionism threads and see if my posts aren't removed!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

ANNNNNNND it happened again. Hamas and friends broke the UN organized, three day cease fire. The cease fire, which both parties bilaterally agreed upon, was shattered by Palestine during the first 90 minutes of this deescalation period with the detonation of a surprise suicide bomb that killed 2.

Just 90 minutes into the “humanitarian” “ceasefire” Hamas emerged from a terror tunnel, detonated a suicide bomb and took one Jew hostage back through the tunnel.

This helps solidify the fact that Palestine does not want peace with Israel, and will most likely bring about a shift in public opinion.

Not only did Palestine re-escalate the conflict, they are planning on adopting the tactics most notably used by islamic extremists: the suicide bomber.

An Israeli analyst told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Friday morning that he received information from reliable sources that 3,000 Hamas elite soldiers told their families goodbye and appear ready to carry out suicide attacks on Israel.

Middle East analyst Gershon Baskin said that all the fighters were equipped with suicide vests and that they had expected to die in terrorist attacks.

It seems the Palestinians have traded the olive branch for the suicide vest, no?

www.th... eblaze.com/stories/2014/08/01/israeli-analyst-hamas-has-3000-elite-soldiers-ready-to-die-in-suicide-attacks-on-israel/

www.th... egatewaypundit.com/2014/08/terrortunnels-hamas-detonates-suicide-bomb-kidnaps-idf-soldier-just-90-mins-into-ceasefire/

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join