It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Oppression Of Palestine... Breaking The Silence!!!...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What of those who are born in Palestine???

Are you referring to British Mandate of Palestine or the State of Palestine which consists of the West Bank and Gaza?

Not that Professor added to the thread with anything relevant about Breaking The Silence!!!

What silence? War is war.... you make it sound as if the IDF is instructed to commit genocide! this is absurd... any war will have war crimes, this is disgusting and should never go unanswered, but it was never the national policy of Israel to intentionally target palestinian civilans, the same could not be said about Hamas!
edit on 2014-07-27T07:47:45-05:00201407bam3107am4531 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: demus

As you can see from my avatar I was at two different protests last week in London...
Not a drop of it reached the news, despite te fact we was right outside The BBC screaming "Shame On You!!!"...

Can't say I was surprised by the media blackout though!!!

Peace demus!!!

There was a rally here in Vancouver B.C yesterday. It is getting traction so don't give up. Unfortunately I would be fired if I showed up to an anti-Israel anything and with a family to feed... I am glad there are people like you out their yelling loud enough for me.

Another reason people hide their faces at protests.
edit on 7/27/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

My guess... because he physically protested. Certain types around here really despise those who protest and march... no idea why.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Protests are a waste of time and resources. They achieve little and function as an inconvenience and nuisance to the general public.

In addition, protests are just another way of one group of people trying to force their beliefs upon another group of people. They also function to indoctrinate young minds to adopt a certain ideological/political view and discourage critical thinking.

edit on 27/7/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Are you referring to British Mandate of Palestine or the State of Palestine which consists of the West Bank and Gaza?

Does it matter?
The question I asked was relevant to both to be fair!!!

Is killing thousands indiscriminately not genocide anymore?
If they're not being instructed to do so, then they've just gone rogue which is quite worse!!!

Peace combat!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Protests are a waste of time and resources. They achieve little and function as an inconvenience and nuisance to the general public.

The thousands who attended from all 3 Abrahamic religions and other belief/non belief sectors do consist of the general public...
Is their voice not to be heard???
Then where is the democracy???

By the way, it was critical thinking that led to the protests, nothing less!!!

Peace Dark Ghost!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

In the Warsaw Ghetto, 400,000 Jews were forced into an area of 3.4 square km (1.3 square miles). Gaza is 139 square miles with a population of 1.8 million. The population density of Gaza is high: 13,069.1/sq mi, twice that of Tokyo (but much less than, say Manila's 111,000, Chennai's 67,000, Macau's 55,000, or Paris' 54,000). The population density of the Warsaw Ghetto was 307,692.
In the Ghetto, nearly a quarter died of starvation and disease (that's comparable to 450,000* Gazans). Of those that remained, most were taken to Treblinka and killed, along with 2000 Romani people and some million other Jews. 7000 Jews were taken from the Ghetto to the camp every day in the summer of 1942. Around 20,000 survived after less than three years.
brockley.blogspot.co.uk...

That is what genocide really looks like. I don't think that is what Gaza, however bad it gets, looks like. I understand your anguish about Gaza, but please don't make this kind of comparison.

And peace to you too

edit on 2014-07-27T08:35:21-05:00201407bam3107am2131 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Does it matter?
The question I asked was relevant to both to be fair!!!

Is killing thousands indiscriminately not genocide anymore?
If they're not being instructed to do so, then they've just gone rogue which is quite worse!!!

Peace combat!!!

c'mon...I'm 61 and the radical Islamists in that area, have been using civilians as shields for decades...this is such an old tactic of theirs, I do not know why it's even a big deal anymore. this isn't new, this is how they fight...period...they want the world to see dead civilians, dead kids, dead women, that's why they hide behind them, they know how to play on people' emotions....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

And you've seen this happen with your own eyes...
Or you've heard it repeatedly for years and decided it must be true???

Cos in 27 years I've never seen it, but I keep hearing it!!!

Peace Jimmy!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That is what genocide really looks like. I don't think that is what Gaza, however bad it gets, looks like. I understand your anguish about Gaza, but please don't make this kind of comparison.

It wasn't a comparison by any means...

I feel it's genocidal in its own right...
Without having to be compared to past genocides...

9/11 was a genocidal attempt, but in comparison to Nagasaki and Hiroshima it'd be easy to say they cannot be compared!!!

We cannot lump all of these atrocities together because then we become less sympathetic to the "lesser assault"!!!

But you are learned my friend, peace to you again!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Peace Jimmy!!!

let me ask you this...why does Hamas keep firing rockets into Israel? what's the purpose? what do they gain? there is no military strategy to it,...there is no logical reason why anyone that's wants peace, would do this. even during this latest 12 hour moratorium on fighting, Hamas was still launching rockets. why?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Peace Jimmy!!!

double post.
edit on 27-7-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I've said since page 1 I don't agree with Hamas...
I side with Fatah and non-violent discussion!!!

& I don't know Hamas' purpose or agenda, it's could easily be nefarious!!!

Now let me ask, what was to happen when the 12hr ceasefire ended???
Would Israel have continued to bombarde Gaza???

The truce held for the original 12 hours, though parts of Gaza came under heavy fire minutes before the break started at 8am (6am UK time).

Israeli shells reportedly killed 18 members of a Palestinian family who had been trapped in their house in Khuzaa village for two days.

Sky Source!!!

Minutes before???
18 family members???
Israel didn't give a damn about the ceasefire either!!!

Peace Jimmy!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It wasn't a comparison by any means...

I feel it's genocidal in its own right...
Without having to be compared to past genocides...

9/11 was a genocidal attempt, but in comparison to Nagasaki and Hiroshima it'd be easy to say they cannot be compared!!!

We cannot lump all of these atrocities together because then we become less sympathetic to the "lesser assault"!!!

But you are learned my friend, peace to you again!!!

Well... the word 'genocide' gets thrown around a lot... especially by the pro-palestinian groups..... and IMHO it should stop.

This is not genocide. If Israel really wanted genocide, we both know what Gaza would look like... and im happy to tell you that it is not happening!

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: smithjustinb

So nuclear war is the answer in your mind???
I disagree!!!

I think every Muslim extremist who screams, "Death to America" or "death to Israel" or "death to the infidels" or any of them who believe if you're not Muslim, you should convert or die should die.

And you'd rather soldiers were mindless drones with no concept of right and wrong???
Again if so, I disagree!!!

Didn't say that. Didn't imply that. You misinterpreted what I was saying.

edit on 27-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You don't have to understand what's at stake. No one is requiring soldiers to be experts in global politics in order for them to enlist. So what is your point?

I misinterpreted this???
The opposite of these things is a mindless drone, & my point is I think every soldier should be well versed on current affairs and the geo-political landscape before they're ever given ammunition and a license to kill!!!

Peace smith!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You don't have to understand what's at stake. No one is requiring soldiers to be experts in global politics in order for them to enlist. So what is your point?

I misinterpreted this???
The opposite of these things is a mindless drone, & my point is I think every soldier should be well versed on current affairs and the geo-political landscape before they're ever given ammunition and a license to kill!!!

Peace smith!!!

My point is they're not and don't have to be. You said, "You would prefer they were mindless drones". I never said, "I would prefer" anything. You misinterpreted.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Violence doesn't really solve anything anymore, at least in this sort of asymmetrical conflict. Economies are too intertwined, there are too many barriers, and citizens are able to communicate/organize in ways that were unimaginable 70 years ago. It is both socially and economically beneficial for the involved parties to stop destroying each others valuable infrastructure.

What will stop the spread of extremism and sharia is the education of unlearned masses and the development of strong institutions, so it wont happen over night. If you keep killing these people, it only reinforces their belief system and brings justification to their cause. You become their enemy, just as they have become yours.

If I am wrong, please inform me as to how you can kill an idea because I am cetain you cant. People have tried, and the result is almost always the same: the harder you push, the harder they push back. But, if you provide them the tool of knowledge and education, they will change on their own, eventually. Only through education and strong institutions will there be any successful de-radicalization and peaceful development.
edit on 27-7-2014 by CZ75P01 because: things

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Been visititing ats for about 9 years, never joined up or left comments. But in last couple weeks couldn't believe the peope defending israeli action on this site and others. Where the hell has humanity gone . Common sense. Defending itself by wiping palestine off the map?
LONG LIVE PALESTINE

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The thousands who attended from all 3 Abrahamic religions and other belief/non belief sectors do consist of the general public...

What about the millions that did not bother to attend they thought so little of your protest, or disagreed with your support for Hamas terrorists? Did you also protest against Hamas, or just Israel?

Is their voice not to be heard???
Then where is the democracy???

Democracy is where the majority rule, and in this case the majority do not support the Hamas terrorists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join