It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The number of ‘hot days’ are on the rise: See your city

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Here in bristol is been over 25c for the last couple of weeks

Brits always make me laugh... sorry

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't know what is causing global warming but the statistics confirm that it is actually happening.

www.newscientist.com...

I'm convinced that global weather patterns are changing drastically due to changes in the Gulf stream. And if
coastal areas are flooded and huge populations are displaced...you were warned!!

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
100+ (37C "feels like 39C" here in Spain.)....so HOOOOT that I loathe just going to the store for 10 m

Edit: The fact that utilities here are ultra expensive doesn't exactly help either, but there is just no way NOT to run the A/C.

Yep, agree with that, I'm in Sierra de Gudar (Aragon) we've had 2 weeks of disgusting heat and no rain. Huertos muertos everywhere.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
stevengoddard.wordpress.com...

1) "Steven Goddard" is a pseudonym. If he's lying about his name, why do you take his words at face value?
2) He has no link to data, only a pretty picture that shows something you'd like to see.
3) He only claims data for the U.S.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Bollocks!, its 11C here in Raumati Beach and thats the high for the day, 3pm
Global Warming my azz!
its time these Global Warming scaremongerers took a look at the Globe, its round! and has another part on the other side.

Southern Hemisphere is not effected by the Gulf Stream in the Atlantic!

For centuries people were saying the World was flat too

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I call bull crap on this weather propaganda gauge. This summer has so far been very cool and wet. Yes man does play a very.....very.....very small part in weather change but it is not something to worry about.

If these people actually cared about the earth they would be protesting about fracking and industrial pollution. But they are for the most part silent on things that really do mess this world up. Global warming is about control and money.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Tell that to my shivering hand.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Weather History for Aiken, SC

I've been to Aiken.

Went to High School in Toccoa, Ga.

Like everyone has said, it's been a cool summer here in Memphis. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a record cool summer.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Weather History for Aiken, SC

I've been to Aiken.

Went to High School in Toccoa, Ga.

Like everyone has said, it's been a cool summer here in Memphis. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a record cool summer.

Harte

Too cool! (er....yah, okay, pun intended, hehehehe).

I'm a transplant myself. Lived all around the world and ended up settling here.

Should have picked Italy to settle down in....I really miss that place.

I spent the evening crunching the numbers here for the past 100 years. There is no clear cycle (say every 5 years, or every 8 years, etc), but the temps here do oscillate back and forth for both the average highs for summer and winter.

I did average temps for the entire year for the last 100 years, to see if there was an over all warming trend, and the answer was: No.

Precp. does the same thing. You can see years of heavy precp and then years of drought like conditions, and the also oscillate. No clear cycle, but also like the temps: no decline nor rise.

Of course this is just weather I'm looking at and at a single local spot on the map of the entire Earth, and only for the last 100 years. I don't think one can build a good climate model by using just 100 years of data from a single location.
edit on 26-7-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't care what any printed data says, I've lived in the Chicago area my whole life,and this is by far one of the milder summer's that we've had, I've seen much hotter summer's around here.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

In TN we seen temps in the 50's in July.
Source

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I live in the bay area,CA, and I can tell you with all honesty, this is some of the worst stuff we have seen in a while. The ground water here is literally drying up. The dirt in my back yard and what used to be my beautiful lawn in my front yard has cracked, literally. My 5yr old and I tied a washer to a string and lowered it down one, waited till it got slack and measured the length. 7ft, no joke. Climate change is real, whether it is warming or cooling.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Oh For Summer....

Winter time now down here, We have had the coldest winter in many years in Southern Australia.
Above average rains, above average snow falls, bellow average temps.

Considering the majority of the human population lives in the Northern Hemisphere, we will blame you lot, whether it is colder or hotter, its all your fault!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Here in bristol is been over 25c for the last couple of weeks

Brits always make me laugh... sorry

That's hot for us mate lol

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It hasn't proven to be the case here in the southeastern US. This may well be the mildest summer of my lifetime. The highest temperature so far this year has only been 93F, and most days have been in the mid 80s. We normally have about two straight weeks to start July at or over 100. Not that I'm complaining, but it is highly unusual.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hmmm...i remember being a child in the 70's and the Summers were SO hot it melted the roads and pavements.

I actually saw someone once fry an egg on the bonnet (hood) of a car to perfection back then too.

It was bloody hot.

These are weather cycles that happen periodically and always have done.

A lot of our weather is due to what the Sun decides to get up to...at first glance, this may sound obvious, but i'm not talking about whether or not it is sunny or cloudy affecting the weather.

Have a read up on solar activity (Solar maximum and Solar minimum cycles) and how they affect our weather here and that elsewhere in the Solar system.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
to all our international members, there are knuckleheads in America, that think weather changes only happen here....so if it's cold in winter here in the states, they say "where's the global warming now?"....believe me when I tell you the vast majority of us DO NOT think like this, you get the FOX NEWS version because it's good for selling advertisements.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The is a very well financed, and powerful lobby specifically tasked to deny climate change.
The gas, coal and oil industry has an interest in the continued use of fossil fuels.

thinkprogress.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Hmmm...i remember being a child in the 70's and the Summers were SO hot it melted the roads and pavements.

I actually saw someone once fry an egg on the bonnet (hood) of a car to perfection back then too.

It was bloody hot.

These are weather cycles that happen periodically and always have done.

A lot of our weather is due to what the Sun decides to get up to...at first glance, this may sound obvious, but i'm not talking about whether or not it is sunny or cloudy affecting the weather.

Have a read up on solar activity (Solar maximum and Solar minimum cycles) and how they affect our weather here and that elsewhere in the Solar system.

Ha! I remember doing that as a kid too in the 70s!

I'd walk up to telephone poles and see tar pooled around the bottom of them! I used to think it was because the poured the tar on the pole after it was in the ground and they just used too much (not realizing as a kid that no, they do that to the pole well before it's put into the ground).

We used to make dares: Dare you to stick your finger in it!

Which of course was stupid because the hot tar would stick to your finger!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Not here, we still are lucky if in the dead of summer we would get a full week with no clouds or rain. I would say that if there is a world wide climate change going on, then up here in the northwest its more likely to become more so a rainforest in the long run then anything else, which basically just means more of the same only more so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join