It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light bulb burns for 113 years!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
I've been to China and reviewed a lot of their factories, and some are good and some are terrible. The terrible factories will of course make junk and that's probably what you'll get at discount places like Wal-Mart, but if you don't insist on shopping on price alone, you can get better quality stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: nighthawk1954
They can make bulbs that last longer, and people in this thread seem to think we're getting ripped off because that's not the kind we're being sold, but you probably don't want them. Why? Because the longer lasting incandescent bulbs are less efficient, so you'd spend more on electricity, and it would be a bad deal for you because you wouldn't save enough on bulbs to pay for the extra electricity.

Besides incandescent bulbs are history, or should be. The power company in my area has apparently been supporting discounts on compact fluorescent bulbs which I've got for only a dollar each, and they last a long time and are a lot more efficient, and LED lighting is more efficient yet, which will be our primary lighting source one day. I don't know the lifetime of LED lights, but I don't think I've ever had one burn out yet.

Some of our traffic lights are made from LED's rather than a single incandescent bulb. They are really bright with intense red,green and amber, even during the day. Street lamps have been modified in a similar way, they have about 20/30 LED's rather than one lamp.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
they don't make them like this anymore..

<< 1   >>

join