It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: Moses Was a Refugee Too, Just Like Baby Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If these immigrant children are like the baby Jesus, then what should the unborn be? What should the children being killed in drone strikes in other countries be?

Too much hypocrisy for me.

I believe we should treat these immigrant children with respect, kindness and help them get food, temporary shelter and a medical check. Then after that..... deport them home.

Secure and close our borders, now.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ah, the old "use the Bible to shame them" trick. Never met a democrat who didn't appeal to faith when they thought it could be used as leverage to get what they want.

These are the same people who wanted to remove God from their platform and whose delegates "booed" Him three times before being overridden when informed that it simply wouldn't be politic to not have Him in the platform somewhere.

All her prating about Jesus and Moses means about as much as Obama's promises about the ACA.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tatanka

It's not often that I'd like to award more than one star. Nice going, kid. (No disrespect, everybody's a kid to me)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yes there may truly be children that need help, but we're not doing them any justice here. They've gone from bad conditions to worse and more dangerous conditions.

Through the chain-linked fence, the WND film crew took video of an active hanger-like open building cooled by two massive fans in which teenage illegal immigrants were being searched for concealed weapons as they were being processed into the detention facility.

Within minutes, as Stockman began asking questions of the Border Patrol supervisor, the hanger-like intake facility was shut down and emptied of illegal immigrant teenagers being processed by more than a dozen Border Patrol agents.

“We release all detainees under 14 years of age without taking any biometric identification, including no fingerprints,” the Border Patrol agent explained to Stockman. “We are prevented by law from taking fingerprints or other biometric information on these kids.”

The Border Patrol supervisor could not identify for Stockman the law in question.

“Then how do you know who these children under 14 years old are?” Stockman asked. “How do you know if you are releasing these kids to people who are truly family members in the United States or to pedophiles or other criminals posing as family members?”

“We only know who these children are by what they tell us,” the Border Patrol supervisor admitted. “Truthfully, we don’t really have any idea who they might be or where they came from other than what we can observe from questioning them. You’re right. If they give us false information, we have no way to know it or to follow it up without biometrics.”

Stockman asked what information the Border Patrol has on the people in the United States who claim to be relatives.

“That’s not what our department handles,” the Border Patrol supervisor again admitted.

Read more at www.wnd.com...

Link to article

So these children can end up as prostitutes, slaves, abused by pedophiles and anything you can imagine and we have no way of knowing what will or does happen to them. Yeah very humane.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Religion is a bad thing, especially when you mix it with politics.
That is unless you are the one wielding the quotes of course.
Me, my favorite one to exploit is very true!
Matty 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

A group of people I happen to despise do this, so I use the old propaganda against them.
But that is another topic.

I say we put the kids back on a bus to their home countries and not pay for the worlds problems.

edit on 26-7-2014 by g146541 because: hit enter too soon i guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

I know we've had our disagreements in the past, but I think that's a good verse to use and remember.

I like to rephrase things to see if I understand it. What do you think of:

"There's one indispensable thing, God and the Spiritual World, or Money and the Sensual World. Pick one."

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

The Latin American children are not refugees. A refugee flees of their own will. There are no independent child refugees. Their families/parents are forcing them into trafficking to the US. Paying Coyotes to take your children is not a refugee crisis. It is human trafficking, which is illegal, as is entering the US as an immigrant under false pretense. I do not doubt the intention of the families, for betterment of their children, but to gamble the child's safety for a chance is alarming. The families feel as though it is worth the risk. I just want to call it what it is. Trafficking children, where monies are exchanged, laws are violated. The US has a Humanitarian Crisis to resolve, but let us be clear who is creating this US crisis, the parents, attempting to resolve their own crisis. Again, I understand the tough choice these families are making. But the gamble is not paying off. Too many children are disappearing, and the ones that are delivered become burdens to the system. We should shelter and foster, be humane. We should also defend our borders better. We are not responsible for the world's children. I support fostering them and locating their relatives in the US. A time limit, if they are not received within X number of days, deport them back. Relative status must be proven, I guess DNA verification. Who pays for that? The relatives. Who pays for their care? The relatives. Who sets up their legal immigration process? The relatives.

This is all a mess, but there is a way. My sentiments are just suggestions, I am open to better ideas, we need ideas, and my sentiments are not set, aside that they are not refugees, but they need help, they are kids.

edit on 26-7-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well, if these people are refugees, then two things should happen.

First, the UN should send a peace-keeping force into these Central American countries to quell the violence. Stop the violence, and the stream of refugees should stop.

Second, the US should not have to bear the burden of all these refugees alone. We should ask the UN to help distribute them world-wide. China and India could take five million each and their populations would hardly notice. The Vatican seems to like illegal immigrants, they could take a million or more. The US could ask our allies, Canada, Mexico, England, Germany, Japan, Australia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, etc. to take a million each. Before you know it, there wouldn't be any left in the US.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but......Jesus wasn't a refugee.........

I'm not a very church going person, but even I know that!

Moses....okay, yah, I guess you could say he and the Hebrews were in fact refugees when they fled Egypt.

Still though....Pelosi making bible references??????

I'm going back to bed. I surely woke up in the wrong universe today....

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
?????

Moses' followers proceeded to kill everyone when the reached the promise land!

?????

she couldn't think of a better example???

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Well, if these people are refugees, then two things should happen.

First, the UN should send a peace-keeping force into these Central American countries to quell the violence. Stop the violence, and the stream of refugees should stop.

Second, the US should not have to bear the burden of all these refugees alone. We should ask the UN to help distribute them world-wide. China and India could take five million each and their populations would hardly notice. The Vatican seems to like illegal immigrants, they could take a million or more. The US could ask our allies, Canada, Mexico, England, Germany, Japan, Australia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, etc. to take a million each. Before you know it, there wouldn't be any left in the US.

Oh I love this!

You're correct! If they are "refugees" and not "illegal aliens", then by all means, other countries should be willing to help them, right? Sanctions should be imposed upon their countries of origin for causing such a "refugee" crisis in the first place, right?

Brilliant!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Pelosi's theme song:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wish someone could point out in the bible where it was okay to ignore the rule of law and take/steal from the populace to serve those whose have broken the law.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nancy must be thinking of the Parting of the Rio Grande ....

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I wish someone could point out in the bible where it was okay to ignore the rule of law and take/steal from the populace to serve those whose have broken the law.

The ten commandments !

1. That SHALL NOT have no 'GODS' before me. Too many people worship that false God Government, and Pelosi is a false prophet.

2. “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

The Bible clearly says to follow the law.

www.biblegateway.com...

Number 2 is what those 'refugees' are doing BIGTIME.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

*snort*

I'll bet she's thinking of standing on the bank with her giant Speaker gavel and using it as the staff to part the waters in the name of her Lord Obama! Blessed be his phone and pen!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: xuenchen

*snort*

I'll bet she's thinking of standing on the bank with her giant Speaker gavel and using it as the staff to part the waters in the name of her Lord Obama! Blessed be his phone and pen!

I thought that was her Thor impression ?

Stay tuned for the Odin versus Moses celebrity death match.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What a tool.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And they don't look too highly on 'Moses' homeland.

Egypt?

I thought we were cool with Egypt again. Can you guys get me a flow chart of the people and countries you hate this week?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I think she is implying that what were doing on the border isn't christian. It infidelity goes against what Jesus taught.

Wouldn't Moses be a refugee twice, once to Egypt and once for Caanan?

Well he was led by god to take the land of Canaan and slaughter everyone in it, is this what she meant?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join