It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

River In China Mysteriously Turns Bloody Red in 1 Hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

A waterway in eastern China has mysteriously turned a blood red color.

Residents in Zhejiang province said the river looked normal at 5 a.m. Beijing time on Thursday morning. Within an hour, the entire river turned crimson. Residents also said a strange smell wafted through the air.

Yahoo News

It is incomprehensible to me that the water can go from completely normal to blood red in 1 hours time.
edit on 26-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Microorganisms. I've seen this before.
Or dye, like someone else posted. Lol
edit on 26-7-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The story I read said they suspect that someone dumped dye or something illegally because they were relying on the storm surge of a typhoon to wash away the evidence without anyone knowing. Unfortunately, the typhoon never arrived, so the substance was never washed away.

So, they have three industrial suspects in the area they are investigating because unlike the green dye in Chicago, this stuff would not be environmentally friendly.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Are they missing any factory workers suddenly?a reply to: tinker9917

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Major Globalists must be visiting.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This happens every now and then in China. It's industry dumping toxic chemicals. Expect nobody to be caught or found responsible.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Bummer, I had hoped for their sake it was the spores or some other non human phenomena. Any creatures that can't adapt to chemical waste in the ocean may be SOL because it sounds like we are dumping more and more all the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Every time we have seen this in the past in china its been pollution.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

In parts of China, you simply open a discharge valve that leads to the river.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I suggest that's an pollution...

...Or dye, or witchcraft and wizardry

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No mystery just illegal dumping it seems.... from article,,,although water samples seem to indicate the suspicious color was a result of illegal dumping in the river.

“We suspect that somebody dumped artificial coloring in the water because he thought the typhoon yesterday would cause heavy rain, and nobody would notice [the color],” Jianfeng Xiao, Chief of the bureau told China News.

“It turned out there wasn’t heavy rainfall yesterday, so the evidence is left behind,” Xiao said.

Xiao said there is a paper manufacturer, a food coloring company and clothing-maker a long the river. The bureau is still investigating the incident.

new topics

top topics

join