It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Who Beat Up 18 Year-old Sexual Predator Posts Son's Picture On GoFundMe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm sure most of you saw the story that went viral a bit over a week ago about the Daytona Beach father who, upon finding his son being sexually assaulted by 18 year-old Raymond Frolander, beat his son's molester bloody before calling 911. I believe most people condoned this father's actions and lauded authorities when no charges were filed. For those who hadn't read about this, here's the ATS thread.

How does one go about erasing an outpouring of goodwill and popular public support?

The father originally asked for $1 million on gofundme.com, then reduced his request to $100,000 before the page was taken down and a link to it on his Facebook page was removed by Monday night, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported.

“Our son was sexually (sic) assaulted and we are now faced with the challenge of picking up the pieces, the emotional and financial burden is about more than we can endure,” the father wrote, according to the newspaper.

Daytona Beach Police Chief Michael Chitwood, who last week said he did not take issue with the father’s initial response to the alleged assault, on Tuesday said police were “bewildered” when they saw the picture of the 11-year-old boy, shown sleeping, online.

“Why are you exposing your son?” Chitwood said in a phone interview with Reuters. “Once you put that out there, he just lost what little cloak of anonymity he already has.”
source - NewsDaily

I'd say posting your 11 year-old child's photo on GoFundMe in an attempt to profit from his abuse — to the tune of $1 million dollars — will go a long way toward turning sympathy into animosity. No father of the year awards for this guy.

edit on 2014-7-26 by theantediluvian because: updated title

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What a ##ck. You're right, no awards this year for super dad.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I'd say posting your 11 year-old child's photo on GoFundMe in an attempt to profit from his abuse — to the tune of $1 million dollars — will go a long way toward turning sympathy into animosity. No father of the year awards for this guy.

Congrats to this man he just turned his son's tragedy into a living circus for his boy.

The boy will never be able to get past this tragedy as he now has pictures that will never be removed from his life as they will always be online somewhere.

Very despicable of this man if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well thats awesome........

What the dad did I think any father would do catching this piece of crap in the act........

But now this? Absolutely appalling.........not only is he trying to profit now, hes outed his son and IMHO violated his privacy.......

Im sure this child would have much rather not everyone in the world know what he looks like as a victim of abuse......

Its bad enough what happened to him, now his face is plastered on the net for millions.......

Good call dad.......you idiot

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Funny how a movie made for comedy purposes actually turned out to be prophetic.
Idiocracy called it, some folks should not breed.
A parents first responsibility above ANY other thing in this world is to protect their young.
My personal opinion I will hold as I know it would be in violation of the T$C.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Why would he need any money?

Does America charge people money for police investigations? I'm assuming this hasn't gone to court, so why does he need money?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is it any wonder that the child didn't go to his father when the abuse began? Or maybe he did and the father shrugged him off, now that his character has been exposed and we see that it is possible. Poor kid, he's double-whamied.
edit on 26-7-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Does America charge people money for police investigations? I'm assuming this hasn't gone to court, so why does he need money?

Because he has seen how easy it is to use other peoples sympathy as a way to gain financial means.

As I said earlier this man is despicable and what ever money he uses that doesn't go to helping his son he should have to pay back in full. Although it will never happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Everyone is so greedy nowadays

Parading my son after this would be the last thing on my mind

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

A million dollars?! I mean I know therapy can be expensive but not a million dollars!
To me that just shows he had only profit in mind when he started this.
Disgusting

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire original thread but other than the father's word is there proof that abuse actually happened?

I'm not saying it didn't but this father obviously doesn't have a problem exploiting abuse allegations for profit. Maybe he also exploited them to get away with assault.

Perhaps he held a grudge or simple a sociopath and knew if he claimed he saw his son being molested he could get away with beating up the guy?

Sociopaths know they just need to claim abuse and people instantly side with them. Sad for the vast majority of real abuse victims but these people DO exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe he got a personal phone call from Rahm telling him, "Remember...never let a good crisis go to waste!" What a real d'bag.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I didn't read the entire original thread but other than the father's word is there proof that abuse actually happened?

Yes, the molester confessed to the police.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Everybody is looking to cash on on terrible events. This father should feel ashamed.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
without knowing the full story it's easy to leap to conclusions, and condemn or praise the bloke... maybe there are medical costs associated with his childs assault that he can't fund, ... maybe the kid can't sleep where it happened and they need to move but can't afford it... under circumstances like that why wouldn't any father do what he absolutely could to alleviate the kids pain?

it might seem heartless to some, but to others it might well be practical and workable. who knows how any of us would react in that situation

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny
I agree that leaping to conclusions is always a dangerous path, but while I would probably have carried out a similar street justice course of action if I caught someone sexually abusing my son, I would never even have thought about going public to raise cash through a crowdfunding website.

All my thoughts would be about helping my son through the trauma, either by myself or with support services, that even if they charged a fee, would be funded by me sacrificing whatever it took to do it...in private.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I still think this is a bogus story and should further investigation on why a child under 12 was left alone.

For example...how did this 18 year old get into the house if the farther was home?

Nothing adds up in this story and it keeps piling up full of crap

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

He was a family friend/babysitter.
Listen to the 911 call and it clears some things up. Still rather strange situations leading up to the event.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Not much different than asking for 'money for Emilie.'

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The fathers actions were no better than those of the youth who molested his son.

Why didn't he let the police deaL with the offender...?

And to expect to profit from the situation.... Not sure who the sick people are in this case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join