posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:55 AM
I'm sure most of you saw the story that went viral a bit over a week ago about the Daytona Beach father who, upon finding his son being sexually
assaulted by 18 year-old Raymond Frolander, beat his son's molester bloody before calling 911. I believe most people condoned this father's actions
and lauded authorities when no charges were filed. For those who hadn't read about this, here's the
How does one go about erasing an outpouring of goodwill and popular public support?
The father originally asked for $1 million on gofundme.com, then reduced his request to $100,000 before the page was taken down and a link to it
on his Facebook page was removed by Monday night, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported.
“Our son was sexually (sic) assaulted and we are now faced with the challenge of picking up the pieces, the emotional and financial burden is about
more than we can endure,” the father wrote, according to the newspaper.
Daytona Beach Police Chief Michael Chitwood, who last week said he did not take issue with the father’s initial response to the alleged assault, on
Tuesday said police were “bewildered” when they saw the picture of the 11-year-old boy, shown sleeping, online.
“Why are you exposing your son?” Chitwood said in a phone interview with Reuters. “Once you put that out there, he just lost what little cloak
of anonymity he already has.”
I'd say posting your 11 year-old child's photo on GoFundMe in an attempt to profit from his abuse — to the tune of $1 million dollars — will go a
long way toward turning sympathy into animosity. No father of the year awards for this guy.
edit on 2014-7-26 by theantediluvian because: updated title