It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very disrespectful tweet by the Israeli embassy in Dublin, Ireland.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

a reply to: ProfessorChaos

in USA, how do you deal with trespassers let alone forceful occupation of a home?

How I defend my personal home has nothing to do with how the government defends its citizens.

On that same note: How is Israel wrong in defending itself from rocket fire from within Gaza?

so you agree that Palestinians have right to defend against occupation, forceful relocation and illegal confiscation of their land?

What exactly makes Israeli occupation of the land "illegal"?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

maybe for you personally the image presented in the tweet is not disrespectful but to completely ignore that it is disrespectful for a group that it is aimed to and say that it's only a warning and continue with anti - Muslim narrative...

I don't know, how should we call that*?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

in USA, how do you deal with trespassers let alone forceful occupation of a home?

How I defend my personal home has nothing to do with how the government defends its citizens.

On that same note: How is Israel wrong in defending itself from rocket fire from within Gaza?

so you agree that Palestinians have right to defend against occupation, forceful relocation and illegal confiscation of their land?

illegal confiscation I said.

Israel currently has 163 Jewish-only settlements and 99 "outposts" built on confiscated Palestinian land.

there are 163 official Israeli settlements and 99 informal outposts on Palestinian land, including 24 neighborhoods in East Jerusalem de facto annexed to Israel (a total of 262 settlements). APN's interactive settlement map shows the name, location, and population for each settlement and outpost on Palestinian territory, all of which are considered illegal under international law.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: HumansEh

maybe for you personally the image presented in the tweet is not disrespectful but to completely ignore that it is disrespectful for a group that it is aimed to and say that it's only a warning and continue with anti - Muslim narrative...

I don't know, how should we call that*?

How about we call it the same thing we call ANY message from ANY government: propaganda.

Why is it that when Israel does it, it magically becomes "disrespectful"?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Have you ever asked yourself why those particular years were chosen? You should.

Why not start in 1948 when Israel was established as a Jewish State (mentioned 25 times in the declaration), and show how much land Israel gained when the Arab world went to war against them? Then how about another map showing how Israel gave the Sinai peninsula back in exchange for peace.

How about showing how Israel gave up the entire Gaza, pulling out every single Israeli, in another land for peace deal.

Why not show the land Israel won in the 1967 war against it, and how much of that was given back.

Using the years in your map indicates a desire on the part of the map maker to mislead.

Listen, Demus. You and everybody else. I don't think Israel is full of saints. I also don't think these endless claims of genocide and intentionally killing children are true or helpful. If we're going to get anywhere, we have to tone down that fiery rhetoric.

I really hate to say this, but why doesn't Palestine, and all the terrorists groups just say "We want to exterminate you, and will settle for nothing less? Then Israel can say "We won't let you. We're going to keep our land and our people, and we'll settle for nothing less."

Then both sides can move their armies to, let's say the Sinai desert, and end this thing. Either that, or Palestine can say, "Yeah, you've got us. We'll stop poking you, if you leave us alone and let us have open ports." And Israel can say, "We've tried that before and you've fooled us every time, but we guess we'll give it one more try. This time though, and let the whole world know it, if you come after us one more time, we will retake Gaza, and the West Bank, and kill everyone who says Boo to us. You will not be welcome in any area of the New Israel."

It's a thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What exactly is Palestian land suppose to be? I mean you do know that the jews and the arabs in the area all were called Palestinians up until the formation of Isreal. That Palestine was not a state, nor a providence of the Ottoman Empire. Nor are a large portion of the people that live their from the area. Just as the Jews were flooding into the area so were arabs from other states for better paying jobs. Which of course explain the lack of unity among what we call Palentians today. The world took a diverse group of people and just tossed a lable on them.

So long as Palestine allows groups like Hamas to decide their future they will never find peace. Israel will never show restraint because they fear that would be seen as weakness. Even now when a ceasefire could of have lated longer, Hamas again starts attacking. And you can bet Israel is not just going turn the other cheek. Many states that "support" the Palestians really have no interest in peace and see them only as tool to pick at Israel. Knowing that Israel is bound to come out swinging. Until Paletians take control of their own interests then peace will be impossible.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

UN resolutions:

Resolution 446 (1979): 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".

Resolution 452: " ... 'calls' on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories".

Resolution 465: " ... 'deplores' Israel's settlements and asks all member states not to assist Israel's settlements program".

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well, you can start with The U.N.

www.icahd.org...

Note:- The source of this article is not The U.N. but the illegal squatters themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I could be wrong but I don't recall you calling Iran or any other country that calls for Israel's destruction disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

maybe this will help?

do you think they purchased all the land gained from that time?

hint - no, they didn't...

edit on 26America/Chicago07u55 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Think like a Moslem. Kill all Moslems in the world and burn their bodies.

That is they rhetoric I seem to hear over and over.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think Muslims holding up the chopped off heads of innocent people is disrespectful. It really shows the world their true colors doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You're upset that a representative of a country being attacked by Hamas, with rockets and tunnels which have been used to infiltrate terrorists, is being disrespectful? I'm not going to repeat my earlier post. But they should be disrespectful. Do you want Israel to Invite a squad of Hamas fighters to spend the weekend with Bibi?

I'd wager that Britain was very disrespectful to the Germans during the Battle of Britain. And with absolute certainty I can state that Palestine (and Iran, one of their major funders) is being disrespectful to Israel.

Honestly? I'm amazed that Israel is being as respectful as they are. It's not as though they were using crop dusters to spray every inch of Gaza with pig fat. (Actually, why don't they? See how nice and restrained they're being?)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'll never understand the anti-Israel movement.

I'm pro-Israel, and proud.
edit on 7/26/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

You're upset that a representative of a country being attacked by Hamas..., with rockets and tunnels which have been used to infiltrate terrorists, is being disrespectful? I'm not going to repeat my earlier post.

But they should be disrespectful.

I am not upset at all, I don't know where did you get that from...

I am merely saying (and I am glad you finally come to agree with me) that the image presented is disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'd wager that Britain was very disrespectful to the Germans during the Battle of Britain.

I don't think that makes sense whatsoever.
Not in any means relative to the present discussion.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Dear alldaylong,

It seems I'm still writing in a confusing manner, sorry. It was a weak attempt at an analogy. Israel and Gaza, Britain and Germany, were each shooting at each other.

While Israel is warning about militant Jihad, Britain was warning the US about Nazis possibly invading England, then coming across the Atlantic.

Brits also had the bad taste (at least according to some standards expressed here) of mocking Adolph in music hall skits, cartoons, editorials, and any other way their agile minds could invent.

In summary, Britain's warning to the world seems on a par with the Ambassador's warning to the world.

Am I back on your good list?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Blaming muslims for this is plain ignorant of history and reality. FACT: Israel was created by the west by stealing land and causing divisions. FACT: The west have invaded and divided many countries throughout the world, mainly in the middle east, for hundreds of years. FACT: If people did that to your homeland YOU WOULD BE ANGRY TOO. You would want to get rid of the invading forces.

Sure there are some real douchebags who go way too far with their pointless murdering of innocents, and those who don't care about the issues and use it as an excuse to satisfy their thirst for violence and bloodshed, but blaming people for all this mess when reality is they are the victims of one of the greatest evils in history, worse than Nazi's is just plain wrong.

Its always the victims fault from the bullies point of view.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Dear alldaylong,

You seem to believe that the source of the article is important. Calling the source "illegal squatters." The first sentence of their Vision and Mission statement is:

The Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD) is a human rights and peace organization established in 1997 to end Israel’s Occupation over the Palestinians.

I hardly think they're illegal squatters, do you?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Dear alldaylong,

You seem to believe that the source of the article is important. Calling the source "illegal squatters." The first sentence of their Vision and Mission statement is:

The Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD) is a human rights and peace organization established in 1997 to end Israel’s Occupation over the Palestinians.

I hardly think they're illegal squatters, do you?

With respect,
Charles1952

I refer you to U.N. Resolution 446

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join