It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LUCY - review spoiler probably

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Saw this yesterday. It was pretty bad, I felt like they felt the audience was incredi-stupid.

I had read a review online and I have to totally agree with their title, The smarter Lucy gets, the dumber the movie gets.

That nails it on the head.

Long story short? She used as a mule for some made up drug, drugs leak, she turns into a computer that then provides a usb drive that has a star-like effect kinda like a monolith from 2001.

So I guess she time traveled and recorded it all to the usb and then she became godlike? But had to make a crapy transformer looking mutant tentacle hentai rape esque computer first.

The guy behind her had to to just dome her with his pistol of course he takes 250,000 seconds too long.

Goes back in time and meets "lucy" the first woman and of course she touches her finger like she's god in some Michelangelo painting, yet some how they didnt alter history at all, the first woman meeting some god being flying through time in a computer chair....

All this mind you because of a synthetic form of CPH4 in the movie...

I'm sure there were other noteworthy stupidity but this is all I care to remember.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well....you are no Siskel or Ebert my friend, but pretty succinct review. Probably saved me $10.50. I thank you for that.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We were waiting for it to come on STARZ. It doesn't look like the kind of movie that I'd spend $12.00 for at the theatre. Not a big screen kind of movie. I'm glad you told the plot line. That's not at all what I had pictured from the previews.

Movies this summer ... sucky. None out there really.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Time to lament they just don't make good sci-fy movies anymore.

edit on 26-7-2014 by Caver78 because: spelling fail!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I didnt expect much going in, yet somehow it failed to even meet those and took stupidity to next level.

I rank this right next to the Springbreakers.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So, you're saying this is a "read the synopsis on IMDB" type of film and then wait for FX to show it?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
\
Thanks.
I was looking forward to seeing this movie. Now I won't. So far this summer, the "apes" has been the best IMO. Actually, the direct simplicity of the "apes" story is one of its most appealing points. Too many sci-fi movies these days have to resort to the old Star Trek technique of inventing situations and solutions on the spot to fluff out the production. --Like Scotty could rewire his warp drive engines in two minutes with some old hay baling wire.

One thing about the "apes" movie that I suspect that most people never gave a second thought to is the underplayed but the deliberate showing us the unquestioned drive that the humans had for restoring their means of powering their stuff. That was the basic quest of the humans to restore the dam (blocked by nature). It was even mentioned at one point about how simply the apes lives without such aids. We were also given the little clues of the lights coming on, the bad music that instantly available and the weapons. So it was not just an anti-gun movie as some have claimed, more anti-materialism. Ooops! Did I digress from the discussion of Alice? yeah. Well go see the "apes" or even see it again.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Exactly!

Aliensun:

I much preferred apes over this by far!

Another thing that annoyed me about Lucy is when it would switch to a screen with a number representing the percentage of her "cerebral capacity" she was using at that moment... like she had to power it up.... Oh at one point her face is melting and decaying so she eats a bag of drug.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This, and 'Under the Skin' are the two best movies of the year.

I'll see both again.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Mixed emotions when it comes to this film, I also saw it and think they could of done more with the metal power portions than giving us history lessons about evolution. I think it had potential to me more but they rushed the movie. Different is all I can say

edit on 26-7-2014 by 19KTankCommander because: sp

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I saw it yesterday, and I was blown away. I loved how Besson created the analogies with stock clips with the film (ie Lucy getting caught by Chang/The cheetah hunting the gazelle). My faithful sidekick, Ginger Bread Boy, said that parts of the movie reminded him of the first Matrix movie. Morgan Freeman was top form as the scientist, and looked like he really knew his stuff...very believable. I also loved the humor, although the CPH4 isn't that quite plausible.

All and all, it was an awesome movie, and I loved the effects

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
I saw it yesterday, and I was blown away. I loved how Besson created the analogies with stock clips with the film (ie Lucy getting caught by Chang/The cheetah hunting the gazelle).

Several of those clips appeared to be from my favourite movie of 2013, 'Samsara'.

'Samsara' is available for free on YouTube. Highly recommended.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Went to see it anyway...

Good concept but the movie broke down into car chases, senseless violence, and lame cgi. that added nothing to the
story.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

HA I almost forgot about the needless car chase

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think I'm in the vast minority who liked the film, and pretty much expected it to be what it was.

I disagree on the animal cut scenes though. I felt they kind of insulted the audience's intelligence. We get it, she's prey, the gangster guy is the predator, ok, got it.

The other part I wasn't crazy about was that she seemed to instantly be dehumanized. No regard for human life, property damage, etc.

The visuals were nice though, and the car chase was visually appealing, but knowing that God is basically at the wheel, no real suspense. Still, I liked the movie overall. But then, I had a pretty close assumption on what the movie was, so I wasn't let down.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Eh I found some of the visuals insulting, like that bag opening inside of her and crystals falling out and the electricity coming off of it, but yeah the nature clips...

I'll say this

This isn't the worst movie, but damn sure isn't the summer blockbuster.

Me and my girl both agreed, while not a GREAT movie, it was OKAY, you know like 2.5 stars out of 5.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join