It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's Ice Cream Sandwiches Don't Melt In The Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Was not sure to put this here or in food so mods move if needed thanks..
Beware of walmarts brand of ice cream sandwiches. They seem tobe loaded with crap so they do not melt or go bad like Mikey dees burger full of stuff so 2 years later you could not tell the difference between the 2..

from article..According to Wal-Mart's website, the ice cream sandwiches contain milk, cream, buttermilk, sugar, whey, and corn syrup.
It also contains "1 percent or less of mono-and diglycerides, vanilla extract, guar gum, calcium sulfate, carob bean gum, cellulose gum, carrageenan, artificial flavor, and annatto for color."

yummy dam fake food....watch what you eat and especially what you give you kids

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

I am making an assumption that the article you mention is this one from Huffington Post?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Being that this is ATS, that means someone (or someones) need to go get a few different kinds of ice cream sandwiches and put them out on a sunny sidewalk. I can't do it ... it's a cool cloudy day here and I'm stuck inside not able to go to the store. So ... anyone going to give this a try and report back?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
nothing from Wal mart ever works right.......

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Some ice cream turns into a foamy substance
edit on 26-7-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I was thinking the same actually but it will be a few days before I can get to the store myself, but it would be interesting to see someone do this and report back I agree. I did pull ingredient lists for some other ice cream sandwiches for a comparison on that level.

Blue Bunny Ice Cream Sandwiches
Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches
Good Humor Ice Cream Sandwiches (click "Nutrition Facts" for ingredient list)

From what I can see, Good Humor (which was about the only ice cream around when I was a kid) has the most 'stuff' in it, followed by Walmart's store brand and the Blue Bunny having the least. Even with that said, they all seem to be made up of the same ingredients basically.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My kids left one on their clubhouse and it did not melt. It was the Great Value Wal-Mart brand. Something else I noticed is that they dropped an Oreo cookie in the yard and for three days straight not one ant approached it. Usually, something sweet like that will attract a load of ants this time of year.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Eat some grapes or an apple if you have a a sweet tooth. Pulp some fruit in a blender and make popsicles. If you crave ice cream, make your own. Corn syrup is poison.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

Oh man ... why did you do that? Now I'm thinking about Good Humor ice cream on stick that the ice cream man (we called it the 'Ding Dong Cart') used to bring around the neighborhood in summers. We'd all run up in our bare feet and get our 15 cent ice creams on hot summer days. Now I'm being nostalgic ...

Seriously though ... best ice cream ... Friendlys.

Get a HUGE Ice cream sundae ....
One big banana, then One scoop each of - Maple Walnut, Coffee, French Vanilla, Chocolate brownie, Peppermint Stick with tons of whipped cream and some cherries. Gotta have sprinkles (jimmies) and hot fudge, caramel and butterscotch syrup.

OH MY GOD .. GOOD!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It must be made out of the same winter snow that didn't melt that made its rounds on Google, lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The ice cream doesn't appear to melt because of two ingredients, which are thickening agent. Both are natural. Carageenan comes from Irish seaweed and guar gum comes from a bean. Carageenan has been used for hundreds of years.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Had a piece of pie with Cool whip topping the other day, I didnt like the topping so i put it aside, and put the dish in the sink assuming the whipped topping would melt ,the next morning the entire scoop lookd perfect,it was just sitting there looking absolutely toxic,the stuff will never be in my house again.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Friendly's does have good ice cream. I can't handle what they call meals there though. I think they have a bucket of off-smelling grease that they use to baste anything that isn't dessert or a drink.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8

It also contains "1 percent or less of mono-and diglycerides, vanilla extract, guar gum, calcium sulfate, carob bean gum, cellulose gum, carrageenan, artificial flavor, and annatto for color."

yummy dam fake food....watch what you eat and especially what you give you kids

Nothing in there seems nasty to me.

Glycerides = fat.

Vanilla extract = natural flavour

Guar gum = natural thickener

Calcium sulfate = common gypsum. Tee same stuff used to produce tofu. Used to firm up the ice cream.

Carob bean gum = natural thickener

Cellulose gum = ditto

Carrageenan = ditto, from seaweed

Artificial flavour is self explanatory. Note that most artificial flavours are IDENTICAL to the flavour compounds in natural food.

Annatto = natural colour, from seeds of a tropical tree.

If the ice cream doesn't appear to melt then that is probably due to those thickeners.
edit on 26-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join