It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to the Sunken City of Cuba?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

There is a place nicknamed the temple of the elephant's (I cant remember which country but hope you know the site and can correct me, it is in the amazon, on which elephant's some with tusks are engraved but regarded as ant eaters, incorporated into temple are four massite stone wheel's each with a square axle hole and all are heavily decorated being regarded as Sun Disc's but a friend of a former friend made a media presentation for a university disertation on the site way back in the very early 90's or late 1980's, he believed them to be wheel's as some of the stones at the site are very huge as indeed are the stone wheel's themselve's, he believed that maybe there had been a link to a classical period african or pheonician culture and during that period some elephant's had been shipped over to south america as the local species along with horse's had been extinct well over 11000 years so as to be used in the construction of that temple.

You thinking of Stela B at Copan, Honduras?

Those are macaws. Here's some info on the various ways they were stylized in Mayan glyphs and artwork:

Note they all have that little curl under their jaw and scale-like features around their eyes.

Look at the real thing and you can see both features:

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

That could be it Harte the center most glyph is similar to what I remember on his video, wish I had it to share, thank's.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Cool thread OP..

I have to sternly disagree with the 'usual' mainstream theories thrown about, in an effort to suppress the true cause of this global coastal event 3600 years ago,this was primarily caused by extreme tectonic plate relocation (due to magnetic interference from a celestial body) we are experiencing this today and the cover up is doing all it can, so the public do not connect the dots.

The fact that mountain ranges are built in a day and that continents can sink below the waves in a day also,flies in the face of the clueless mainstream.

The cause of this,was and is our Sun's binary twin i.e. Planet X/Brown Dwarf,which is inbound on its 3600 year orbit.This is the true cause of all the wild weather,plate movements,sinkholes,earthquakes,volcanic increase,meteorite increase,magnetic field twist,poles moving location-hence GPS inaccuracies,plane crashes due to EMP/flux,second Sun sightings and photos,the list is long!

Here are some links, with just two examples of the result of the previous passage of our binary twin,which resulted in the Mid Atlantic Ridge adjusting,causing sinking on both sides of the Atlantic-in Britain and on the East coast of the US-Bimini road and many locations in the Carribean are also testament to this event.

I checked into the link below just now (since the last time i looked) and noticed the date has been changed from 3600 years?...hmmm..just check for more examples out there,there are many..

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.onenewengland.com...

A link here outlining the discoveries of Dr.Velikovsky regarding the global event circa 3600 years ago
www.zetatalk.com...

This site should be your go to for any updates and info on this topic!!

poleshift.ning.com...

Stay good Guys

edit on 3-8-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Velikovski ignored the science of his day, which has been improved on since.

You should google Doggerland to find out what you are actually talking about, rather than spout a bunch of nonsense off the top of your (or somebody else's) head.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Harte i find your response quite offensive!..i would like to highlight,the fact that i suspect your intentions on this site...i have seen your dis info arise, in a previous thread related to this subect/s..for the record YOU are beyond wrong in your allusions.

Velikovsky was turned on by the mainstream establishment that is true..(in actual fact modern scientific dogmas have descended for the most part, back into the dark ages)..most likely this was because he had documented all these global events,recorded in nature worldwide which were undebatable..i emplore readers to study his work, rather than take note of a disingenuous poster's single uninformed sentence.

Velikovsky was ahead of his time and it is no surprise that his work was surpressed,as the efforts to cover up the cause of this global event,are still in over drive,hence the agents on this site.

You make a lot of assumptions Harte,naturally,someone who does this is usually wrong.I am well versed on all (known) submerged cities and Doggerland is in my back yard so to speak..this most likely fell victim to the waves and tectonic adjustment-2 cyclical periods ago,as in Planet X/Brown Dwarfs appearance every 3600 years approx.

You have just made yourself look like a fool..nice try at discrediting me and the information i brought forward..you are the one who is either clueless-which i doubt-as i have said..i suspect your intentions on this site.

Have a nice day Harte..see you on the bread line

edit on 3-8-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buddyman
Harte i find your response quite offensive!..i would like to highlight,the fact that i suspect your intentions on this site...i have seen your dis info arise, in a previous thread related to this subect/s..for the record YOU are beyond wrong in your allusions.

Velikovskli might have a reason to find my post offensive.

You, on the other hand, do not.

Velikovski had no knowledge whatsoever of orbital mechanics, yet presumed to write a book based on orbital mechanics.

While you yourself are in the same predicament as Velikovski in this area, at least you haven't written a book on your bogus beliefs concerning some rogue planet/brown dwarf, Nibiru, Planet X or whatever.

I suppose you believe in his "manna from the sky" as well?

You are among the many people here that daily exhibit their propensity for being "fools." I try to keep any discussion I'm involved in grounded in actual and established scientific evidence. For you, anyone that does this is a "fool." In the case of me trying to talk to you, perhaps you're right about me.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

There is a mechanical flaw in that belief and I know it is shared by many but I explain as best my limited vocabulary can.

Take two celestial body's, now at a distance the gravity field is weaker as you know but also the variation in the gravity drop's off with distance so that tidal effect's become less pronounced and the whole field act's together effecting the body's more or less evenly, at distance the shared centre of gravity between the two body's is weaker and much wider meaning that each body's own center of gravity is nearer to its own centre so tidal influence is reduced.

Now bring them closer together and that effect moves the centre of each body's gravity closer to the opposing body, tidal influence is increased and the shared center of gravity between the two body's is much smaller and much more intense.

Now it may be possible that an alien rogue mass has passed through our solar system in the past but definitive evidence is so scant as to be almost non existant and it remains an unproven hypotheis but also if there is a planet X brown dwarf then why are the planet's orbits not more eliptical as it would make a solar system in which the planet's orbit's changed every time it passed through and in which those orbits would cross one another so there is no evidence that can support that hypothesis there.

Here is a far more interesting idea based in part on the exploding planet hypothesis.

metaresearch.org...

Yes Harte can be a bit terse sometimes but that is just Harte so don't take it personally, he is actually nearly alway's right, not alway's but near enough.

And harte have a look at this, it is off subject but I thought if you have not seen this it is worth looking at, www.rense.com...
I think it provided a reasonable explanation for some Oopart's.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes Harte can be a bit terse sometimes but that is just Harte so don't take it personally, he is actually nearly alway's right, not alway's but near enough.

Well, I agree with everything you said prior to the above statement.

And harte have a look at this, it is off subject but I thought if you have not seen this it is worth looking at, www.rense.com...

I think it provided a reasonable explanation for some Oopart's.

Fact is, I've never, ever seen a so-called "OopArt" that needed something so flamingly fringey as that to explain it.

There are no "OopArts," technically, and any claims to the contrary involve primarily fraud.

Harte

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

or genuine gross misinterpretation.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hmm no Ooports, strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Howdy LT

Oh a blast from the past, what is that like twenty years old?

However it is a fine collection of some the worse possible crackpot claims, nonsense and anti-scientific to its core. It was so bad that even creationists spoke out against it.

A link to a debunking of claims
edit on 8/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
The vid you linked is a joke. I saw it when it came out, but didn't know it was as bad as it actually is.

It's a shortened video version of Michael Cremo's "Forbidden Archaeology," the fringiest of fringey books that claims modern humans have been around for hundreds of millions of years.

Published by the Hare Krishnas. Yep, it's not just Fundamentalist Christians that are creationists.

Harte

edit on 8/8/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Right you two I will accept the video has many flaw's but what about the item's found by Gold Miners or Virginia Stein-Macintyre, they are not hoax though it is possible that water deposit inclusion, cave collapse or landslide may provide some explanation, mrs macintyre would surely have spoted that as a trained archeaologist or was she a member of that cult (is it just me that find's a group of shaven headed orange towel wearing chanting blokes terrifying).

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Right you two I will accept the video has many flaw's but what about the item's found by Gold Miners or Virginia Stein-Macintyre, they are not hoax though it is possible that water deposit inclusion, cave collapse or landslide may provide some explanation, mrs macintyre would surely have spoted that as a trained archeaologist or was she a member of that cult (is it just me that find's a group of shaven headed orange towel wearing chanting blokes terrifying).

She was a grad student in geology the head archaeologist was Cynthia Irwin-Williams.

Remind me what was found by the gold miners? Is it one of these claims:

Mine claims

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

At 5:40 mark onward's.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

At 5:40 mark onward's.

Thanks I happen to have that book J.D Whitney's The Auriferous Gravels of the Sierra Nevada of California from which these claims come from, it was published in 1880. The part on human remains is page 258-288.

Here is a link to the ebook

What Cremo seems to have done is take the fact that bones or men and animals were found and reported by mines to others he failed to understand the geology. Yep the gravels some of the bones were found in were 50 million years old and - this is key part - he deliberately misunderstood what Whitney wrote.

Yep 10,000 years ago a ancestor to the native Americans was walking along on that ancient gravel that was exposed and on the surface had come from deposits that were 50 million years old. He dropped dead and his remains and stone tools were found there.......

i.e. if Harte shoots you and buries you in the stream bed near his house and those sediments are 125 million years old - is your skeleton going to be 125 million years old?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
i.e. if Harte shoots you and buries you in the stream bed near his house and those sediments are 125 million years old - is your skeleton going to be 125 million years old?

Hans! How dare you?

You know damn well I eat what I shoot.

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Hanslune

Hans! How dare you?

You know damn well I eat what I shoot.

Harte

Holy jumpin’ jesus eating a corndog, that's an ABSURD excuse - just bury the bones after you've gnawed them.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

Aside from the usual problems associated with Velikovsky, Doggerland was a poor example to use to back up your claims. We know Doggerland was sunk due to a combination of factors, starting with melt water pulse events and finishing with the Storegga slides (where the wave came from) - combined with glacial rebound from retreating glaciers in the NW UK.

There is a whole raft of evidence based literature available for all of these factors, i would suggest checking at least some of them out.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yeah you would need an elephant gun I am rather large, plus there is the danger of coronary disease from fatty food's, not good for you at all.

Oh dear they are not drum's I can hear are they.
edit on 10-8-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join