It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to the Sunken City of Cuba?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I tend to agree that I think we will not get to Mars or at least not as long as the corporation's run the show unless it suddenly becomes profitable, but I too would love to see manned missions to mars and then the moons of the outer planet's, still anything it possible and if the Nasa warp technology can be proven to work then who know's, perhaps, though unlikely in our kid's lives or there childrens an astronaut may even set foot on an exo planet, I doubt it but it would be nice to see the chick hatch from the shell.

As for the Atlas yes I concede your point and believe you correct in that assertion, still I have no doubt humans both hunted and settled and even perhaps farmed those land's that are now submerged and indeed may have done so several time's at the various glacial maximum's so while I personally think of the story of Atlantis as a parable I do believe there are lost Islands that were once substantial (I doubt as substantial as the tale of atlantis tells though overall the submerged area around the planet exceeds the tale several time's over) and given that humans have proven themselve to be excellant mariners even in the early stone age, we know Australia was settled at least 65000 years ago by the ancestor's of the modern aborinal's, and at the glacial maximum of the preceeding Ice age that was when they crossed the then much narrower sea crossing from indonesia to australasia.

I personally think humanity has always been an ingeneous species when the conditions where right to allow that inherent nature to flower and not just modern humanity.

We now know from more extensive study of the cranial fragment's for instance that Neanderthal could speak just like us and were not as thought in the past limited to gutteral communication, everything that makes us human such as empathy, care for the sick, ritual and religion and perhaps even abstract thought (though that appears to have really been a single trait that was far more developed in modern humans, the race of the problem solving day dreamers) they shared with us and were around at least 300.000 years longer than our sub species of human's with perhaps several sub species within the overall racial grouping that were more advanced than the average neanderthal.

Non of us really know but it would be nice to know, Still?.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Re: That alleged city, I've wondered that myself... several times.

The recent "astr0, Black Triangles...etc." thread in the Grey Area suggests we had a space faring civ until app. 150,000 yrs ago.

I never gave that any credence, at all, but I must say, Astr0 is interesting... let's just say that several long term, extremely rational, skeptical, educated members are buying (at least many aspects of) his story... for several reasons, including personal verification... and leave it at that.

It's worth a gander, even if total hooey (and trust me... I'm well aware of why it should be... and I'm still flummoxed).

Skoal.

Yes I read that interesting but IMHO fake.

A space faring industrial civilization that short time ago (relative) would have left massive amounts of archaeological debris and use of resources - no such evidence exists and at the same time we have some evidence from that time period that shows 'primitive tribal lives'. So how is that possible?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

All I can say is I totally 100% agree, I know exactly how silly it seems, but if what seven or eight people I have grown to trust here say is true, it is, too.

Outside higher sources, apparently, confirmed... even weirder, privately, some members report personal verification.

I am really aghast and more than a bit confused, but it's what I have heard via PMs ... and I have never, ever heard this kind of talk and serious cognitive dissonance before.

I may yet eat my words... but I'm nearly 99.9% on this. Weird, right?

ETA: Let's put it this way, it's either true or a very high level psi-ops with resources and personnel. Too many cross-references agree- along with more than one outside reliable source. Again, my cognitive dissonance is high, but I have to report the scuttlebutt.

150,000 thousand years might get rid of a lot... and perhaps it was purposeful... I truly have no idea.

edit on 7/28/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Is this very interesting thread the one you are talking about, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Brilliant story but I do not know if I believe it.
Still here is a semi light hearted reply to Unity_99 I made before reading this on another less serious current thread thread and it kind of meshes with it, well kind of.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If there is an update to that thread though please add it for us, that would make one hell of a conspirace or sci fi book.
If it was real though would it mean the machine's or the other human races had murdered the previous civilization in a colonial war.

Well to say that I am somewhat strange is a slight understatement and we all have visions but tend to put them down as daydream's, even paranorma occurances we tend to put down as stress related hallucinations but take the symbol I use for my avatar (without the earth), make it spin slowly about 2 time's per second around the vertical but the colour's stay on the side that they are and as it' spins only the direction of it lean's changes from right to left, In a waking vision I knew that meant star fleet (Not star trek) and it appeared as part of down scrolling wall of symbol's, some animated but none Roman, Cyrilic, Chinese or any other language I could decipher or recognized, I was in a semi relaxed state and reaching deep within myself, leaning to the yellow meant return, leaning away meant going and spinning was both or singular so a heiroglyph type symbol.

I have a history of both electronic engineering and worked for a time as a lab tech many many years ago but one occasion in a vivid real like dream I dreamed we were in a dangerous and malevolent situation, I was someone else but still me so a precurser as it felt like a very long time ago and working with discrete component's some of which I do not know as they were not anything I used I drew complex circuit diagram's for devices that did thing's I can not even remember, worked with strange tools like a sonic soldering iron and these devices I was constructing in secret with a team of three other's including former enemy's worked together to make a device that was a kind of emergency beacon we then deployed the finished vehicle that was about 12 feel long and 4 feet wide above a world that had small continent's and archipelago's of islands that was under the control of a military presence from somewhere else, it sent out a faster than light targeted distress signal, a cry for help against the aggressor's.

On another occasion in deep dream state I was floating outside body and taken to a place very much like the moon, I did not see the earth in the dream, there were three men all in white one piece featureless suit's sitting on plain matching white box or throne like chairs all offset in a curve so that they three faced a common focal point, they had black vertically long oblong visors, no seams in there suits where visible then I saw through the eye's of the centre most as I flew into him, in front of me was a cathode ray tube like device like an old television with out the glass tube enclosure and naked component's, on the screen in perfect clarity was a fourth figure similar to the three with a grey background or in a grey room, his helmet was different though with straps around the crown as though it opened at the top, he said "Starfleet on sea bed" and I had a feeling of sad completion as though we had been forced to give up our technology but had hidden a vast fleet of ship's hoping that one day they would be discovered when our enemy's had gone.

Now I am one for dream's but think the subconscious mind is a marvelous thing, I actually do not believe in reincarnation, though some story's I find convincing, but I do believe in God and the soul but then again I am personally a science fiction fan so my subconscious had a wealth of data and ideas to work with in constructing these fantasy's.
But What If?.
And what if they were not fantasy's but garbled memory?.

edit on 28-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well, my friend, I've run into far stranger (but you're grandly strange... in a good way!) ...but people I have watched ridicule you on other threads are sheepishly admitting, privately, that they believe astr0. That alone makes it the weirdest thread ever to be published here in my memory... a few of the individuals would surprise you... a lot... and never has there been so much quiet verification.

I wonder if you're stylized vision of that symbol was for the general pan-human starfeet, or our own Earth RKers (assuming, again, if true!). It vaguely resembles r and k.

I feel like a mouth breathing moron even writing this stuff, and no wonder everyone else is mostly chicken or staying on obscure threads, but it's what's going on.

One thing nice, if true, then we are a wonderful, old, space faring race who had a tough time of it and weren't just recently aware simians. Actually, the implications, if true, are wide reaching and seriously damages all the information I thought I knew. Oh well... minds are adaptable.

I wonder what else Snowden found... the big surprise info they're still holding... ?

EDIT to add: and in my rambling, i forgot to address the post you noted above... first, the thread I'm referencing is indeed, that one by astr0 you linked, secondly, the post to unity was interesting and you described it very well... and it occurred to me that my father, a very non-woo guy, saw the totality of all, when technically dead, as a torsion ring.. or donut shape of positive negative-- creation--destruction... curious.

edit on 7/28/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well we'll just have to wait and see, I shall prepare myself to be amazed!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I would not worry about you are writing what you honestly take serious, I could write about some pretty wierd events in my life that could only drive a rational thinking being insane and not related to this but much more paranormal, on one occasion I looked up at the sky on my way home, I just felt something there and my hairs on the back of my neck stood up, I was walking home from a work shift that finished at 2 AM and was in a semi rural area walking through a small village between the town where I worked and the town I lived in (they are only 5 miles apart), the sky was overcast with low fast moving clouds and this was about 2.30 am to about 2.45 am, now back then the roads were illuminated with sodium lamps and there was a good bit of light polution so you could see the dull yellowing brown of the cloud's underside and they were moving with the strong wind that gusted near gale force, I would guess the altitude of the cloud layer at about 250 feet give or take and out of the cloud just as I looked were I felt something a black circle emerged, it was reflective but dark and metalic reflection of the street light's, flew very fast in and out of the cloud layer toward a local laboratory called pilkington laboratory's, now I have seen a few Tornado jet fighters flying over on training and they are fast but noisy, this was faster and over the wind there was no noise.

Perhaps one of the wierdest thing's I experienced was way back about 94 or 95, I had vivid dream's about the local hill called dalton hill or as we in the town I then lived in called it the Beacon due to a monument placed on the sight of an elizabethan warning beacon (these were set up so that if the spanish invaded the message could be relayed via the hill top beacons).

In the dream I saw through the hill and saw a tarmac black top road much like we have everywhere in england but his was under the hill and leading west toward liverpool deep underground, now on the far side of the hill from the town I then lived in there is an MOD owned farmhouse that is really a gate house and inside the hill is a WW2 Munitions and Equipment dump that supposedly still has shermans and jeep's still boxed and a sizable amount of spares for them according to a former college lecturer who told us about it from when he was a boy (so it may not now have them but definitley did in the 1970's and is still guarded today), he also said there where still WW2 munitions on the site, the farmhouse is simple white 2 floor tiled roofed house and look's like any other beside the back road that passes it except for a white drop bar over the tarmacked (Asphalt) driveway which has two lanes and lead's right past the house and into a draft mine like entrance recessed to that it can not be seen from above and disappears into the side of the hill, We are not far from RAF warton where some testing and prototype production takes place.

One night when I was walking home I had what I regarded as a hallucination as it was not real like that sighting I have many years later but like dreaming while fully awake, three white ball's of light with that illuminated nothing around them with beam's of light beneath them down to the road that they swept along about the speed of a car each about 30 feet apart, a mechanical hollow sounding male voice was saying "The great enemy has returned, please procede to the designated evacuation locations, evacuation ships have been dispatched", the problem is my whole family are a little bit psychic, my mother most of all but also me and my sister christine while the rest of them also have some experience, I do not see ghosts as people but do see mist like form's and shadow's (not just people animal's as well) though I Ignore the blazes out of it and warrent that it destroyed my life, it is not something I asked for and it is not something I wanted, but I digress, they looked like and sounded like Ghosts, after this I kept seeing the monument in dream's but out of context and a week later the local newspaper the Skelmersdale Advertiser ran a story about people seeing coloured orb's around the beacon point (the monument on Dalton hill) along with the usual UFO palaver.

Now maybe I am not sailing with a full rig of sail's here and am bat # crazy but this is true though while I will type about it I never tell anyone about it as I expect them to either pity me as mad or think I am a fantasist.

And I keep this to myself.

The real problem is this, due to the youth of the universe I tend to think it unlikely that there are that many other races out there but if they originated here then?.

Another is that most Paranormal sensitive people have also experience UFO sighting and Vice versa so they may not be what they appear to be, i.e. solid real object's, it may be that some of us exist kind of between reality's and bridge that gap.

What is a medium, someone who bridges a gap between a supposed spirit world and the physical world, but in my experience the only real mediums are they who solve murders and they tend not to make money from it.

Remember that in the 1800's so called spiritualist mediums who tried to open a gateway to another world talked about vibrations and oscillations and other planes of existance where as today quantum theorists talk about parrallel realitys, other dimensions and vibrational frequency's, Coincidence or convergence.

Oh and bear in mind I genuinely thought I was losing my mind, hell maybe I had or there was something wrong with my brain, I loved sci fi but this was nothing like anything I had ever watched or fantasized about, it was scary, creepy and an unpleasant intrusion into my life, I would not even mention it but the multiple witness who claimed to have seen glowing multi orb's over the hill very shortly after.

the symbol was not exactly like I have tried to reproduce but midnight blue and gold, the gold represented the sun or star and he blue extra solar space, put the two pieces together and I interpret it to be a simple representation of a capsule with a thruster beneath, I had the impression it was very old indeed.

Anyway I have totally lost any respect I may have garnered from some people on this thread but sod it I am not going to lie though I will accept that maybe I was ill or hallucinating or something, I do not and never have taken drug's though but I would say at the time I was almost at a nervous breakdown with a flood of information I mind could simply not assimilate, I even had a third eye experience in which while awake I saw a barren valley and on the other side from me many people, all male and all had strange eye's, a voice said to me "will you accept becoming a medium" it sounded like it was trying to help me but I being a christian REFUSED.
So yeah real Doozy crazy bat # mad as a hatter, padded cell material madness, but hey I am still here, kept a lid on it, worked for a japanese engineering company doing jobs below my qualifications, hid the stress and went on several business trips for them as well as training in Japan to bring a process over to England and Training Dutch over in holland when we opened a new factory over there in other process ensuring they mastered them, so mad or not I remained functional though I will not lie my social life suffered.

edit on 29-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Edgar Cayce said Atlantis would be found off the coast of Bimini.
I do believe we will find evidence of advanced civilizations one day in the depths of our oceans.

Check out youtube videos for the Yonaguni Monument/Pyramid under the ocean in South Japan. There is a debate on man made or natural, but looking at the videos it seems rather man made to me

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines
Check out youtube videos for the Yonaguni Monument/Pyramid under the ocean in South Japan. There is a debate on man made or natural, but looking at the videos it seems rather man made to me

YouTube? Why?

There are reams of info right here at ATS. The site, by the way, is certainly natural.

Harte

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

You're right, i"m sure it's here as well, I was a bit lazy for the link. About everything is here =)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yes, Hanslune... though how one prepares for amazement is ... difficult to figure out? Adult diapers? O2 tank?

It may all be wrong, but the bits and pieces are still accruing and agreeing... strange regardless of end result.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Yes, Hanslune... though how one prepares for amazement is ... difficult to figure out? Adult diapers? O2 tank?

It may all be wrong, but the bits and pieces are still accruing and agreeing... strange regardless of end result.

The last three times I was amazed was when Gobekli Tepe was discovered, the Densovians were reported and an ex-live in invited me to her wedding.

Each time I said 'dang isn't that interesting'.

If you want to confirm or debunk find the industrial and administrative base where all this stuff is being designed, tested and constructed and where they are getting the people for it. Which elite graduates of MIT and the military academies are disappearing too, etc. It will fail there.
edit on 29/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I was puzzling that out myself earlier... and assume an advanced 3-d printer capable of biological fabrication... and all the power and materials you'd ever need... the economic base shrinks rather rapidly, no?

Also, as far as remnants of a previous civ, assume a society that directs trees, for example, to grow (fast) into the desired shapes or shelters... rocks are so cumbersome and cold... just saying it isn't that "out there" ... uhm, scratch that, it's quite out there... yet possible.

I think that some of the highest "tech" we see is around us... everyday... in nature. Take away the directives to shape it, and it turns into exactly what we see today. Maybe rocks and concrete are the degenerate, literal stone age result of a civ's fall.

Just a meander in mental-land...

ETA and that might explain that whole "Gaia Theory" where processes are observed that have no other function than delivering a crucial for life molecule from sea to land, for example ... remnants of a highly advanced tech would sure beat a sky god... but is really the same thing, heh.

edit on 7/29/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

And as far as visions and the whole gamut of human's liminal experiences, Labtech, you are not alone by any means.

I have never had a vision or an unassisted hallucination, though my experiences with '"ghosts" would have some disagreeing with that statement. I have, though, spoken with a friend for some ten minutes without actually speaking and had so many other fringe events happen to me that judging your experience is the last thing I would do.

It sounds astounding, though.

And as far as other civs or an older human one... well, here we are... and we evolved in a paltry few million or so years. Say that ol' astr0s story is true... our predecessors civ could only be a quarter million years old and that's still plenty of time to develop some amazing tech... look what we did from 1400 to 1945 A.D. all on our own.

It's a relatively young universe... relative to what, I don't know! But in human life span terms, it's pretty darned ancient.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

My mother and sister both observed a curtain lift and fall, no windows were open, they were both in a car with the petrol tank empty and at the time we were broke, running on fumes on the motorway between two articulated lorry's the car had a lavender scent fill it inside and the petrol gauge rose right up to full while she was driving, they actually watched it rising, she had been panicking and was trying to reach a slip road expecting the car to run out of petrol miles from home, my mother who can hardly walk fell over but found herself suddenly standing as though someone had cought her falling.

I as well as others saw a male figure, indistinct and shadowy but not dark, I noted polished boot's and my sister a blue uniform, my mother got in her car not knowing where she was going and found herself in manchester so searched for her aunt, the neighbour at first said she was not there then as my mother tried to drive away the car would not start and the neighbour came out looking sad and said "you are the crippled girl arent you, your aunt has been robbing you she is a very bad woman", the car then started when my mother tried it again, then on the advice the neighbour had given she found her aunt Gertrude beverly in an old folks home in haslingdon ran by a mr morris whom had a pencil moutsache, she was being maltreated, the money did not matter to my mother and she simply loved the old lady for such is her nature.

A man who on the voters list was called Robinson but called to the staff of the old folk's home Jeffry Hulme (we found he was a social worker in haslingdon social services who together with a woman called mrs edie another social worker made a habbit of robbing old folk's, they were in cahoot's with harold shipman but the police did nothing) had twisted Gertrudes mind into thinking he was her son William who had been shot down and killed in the second world war, she had never accepted he was dead and William being RAF of course wore a blue RAF uniform and polished boot's.

I have whitnessed aport that is object's appearing and disapearing though only once, I have seen poltergeist activity as well and though I never saw as clearly as some I did see nebulous mist like shapes and shadow's, it is peculiar like seeing with two set's of eye's one that see's the normal world and the other that, my mother's sometimes saw colours or light's around people but out of the the nine of her children it seem's me and my sister christine have it the most and it seems to come from my mother.

It would fill a very unlikely book should I ever tell you the entire think and a hundred pages on a dedicated thread would not be enough, it does not make you rich, it does not solve your problems and it does not give you the meaning of life so these sensativity's are to all intense and purposes static noise in most of our day to day need's but my mother believes one thing "they can only come back to right a very serious wrong".

But you know it is possible that religion and civilization which follows religion would never have evolved without this very human quirk, it does seem the mass of people have evolved away from it but sometimes a legacy can activate this trait.
While I never took drugs Shamen in many cultures even today use rythm and substance to enter altered consciousness and so see other world's.
Maybe they are actually throwing there brain (a very complex quantum interface with the consciousness) out of phase with there soul/mind/spirit/ka/astral being.
But like I say I am a christian so my perspective is based first on that, this of course mean's to me that sunken ruins are not that surprising though being a poor or lax christian I tend to think that faith is about spiritualism and science about the practical world, we humans though blessed or cursed straddle both reality's.
edit on 30-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Heh, being a lax or "poor" Christian means you are a smart Christian, sir.

The tenets put down by Jesus make perfect sense and are self-evident. Anything controlling, elitist, or judgmental about anything outside of harming others or oneself, are, imo, man made systems of control.

I was lucky enough to be brought up in a loving environment free of most dogmas... so escaped that very powerful system of assimilation and control... but I also see the beauty in much of it and don't deride people who have faith in a creator.

I just, personally, don't know for sure and treat people well because I'd like to be treated that way.

The fact you entertain a history not really touched on in the Bible speaks well for you... though I, too, think a flood caused by asteroid strikes that wasted the N.A. mega fauna and sent world wide mega tsunamis is probable... as do many in science.

I really wonder what happened to this Cuban city though... as the debunking is irritatingly lacking in substance so far. It's odd how it disappeared from media.

EDIT to add: and as far as shaman and spirits, I think we are primarily organized energy that extrude into this reality and our brains and bodies are interface machines... and that some of those energies are present here sans physical bodies... but I am weird.

edit on 7/29/2014 by Baddogma because: does to do

edit on 7/30/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/30/2014 by Baddogma because: predictive correction strikes again

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I actually think gulf stream alterations in current flow through ocean topography alterations or temporary blocking of the stream may be one reason for the sudden freeze in siberia and the death of those mammoth found frozen in the tundra but overall I think there extinction took a long time.
You are not really weird that idea makes perfect sense, but perhaps more a symbiosis of energys or patterns overlapping from multiple dimensions, look how observation changes or defines quantum state's.
A brain surely can not do that but what it channels or is connected to may do.
edit on 30-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I actually think gulf stream alterations in current flow through ocean topography alterations or temporary blocking of the stream may be one reason for the sudden freeze in siberia and the death of those mammoth found frozen in the tundra but overall I think there extinction took a long time.
You are not really weird that idea makes perfect sense, but perhaps more a symbiosis of energys or patterns overlapping from multiple dimensions, look how observation changes or defines quantum state's.
A brain surely can not do that but what it channels or is connected to may do.

Nah
link
link 2

The mammoths you refer to died separately over a time span of tens of thousands of years and only a few show any sort of preservation at all.

There was no "flash-frozen" mammoth. It was a lie by fringers.

Harte

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The two things that made me consider an asteroid are:

1) The mega fauna found and reported in an obscure periodical I read in Uni. A scientist was digging into the perma frost of Alaska and found vast fields of jumbled mega fauna... and plotted the field up to a certain level of the coastal mountain chains ...after much varied digging, of course.

His observation was that from the positions of the thousands of bodies...contorted, mixed together and broken, it reminded him of nothing more than cattle after being hit with a tidal wave he had seen.

2) The other is the Black Matte burn layer seen from AZ to TX that has recently been found to contain iridium, like the Cretaceous strike. The only thing missing is the craters... though air bursts over America and strikes in the North Pacific would serve nicely.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yes a low altitude air burst similar to the tunguska event would cause a massive depression in the sea that could cause a severe mega tsunami without leaving a detectable crater so that is plausible and indeed very likely to be one cause.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join