It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not being questioned enough....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAllTheSame
Forget the limitations society has put on us. Forget religious dogma. We are here. WE have to dictate the future of our world. It's through empathy. People in the Middle East are the same as people from Canada. We are all ONE race.

Human.

I would say the opposite we are all spiritual beings on one level or another put in the same type of container trying to evolve at our own pace towards something else. There are humans that have lower level predatory behavioral problems and sometime society enforces the problems or push the human to move beyond them depending on the society. To be blind to the differences between souls is to let the wolf in sheep skin have unlimited access to cause suffering. And from my point of view humans are very good at turning a blind eye to the wolves in their mist and classify them as sheep to not have to deal with that they are wolves in need of treatment at mental institutions.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Spiritual enlightenment is certainly essential to the correct path.
edit on 26-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Not being questioned enough???? This is questioned almost weekly here on ATS.

I believe in God, Im not mad as you say. I dont just believe in God because I like the idea of a entity watching over us. To me it is the source of all energy both within and outside the universe. I call that God. Others may call it something else.

I have read and studied the Bible and have to say, the initial reason I started to believe is prophecy. Many already have come true and the world around us seems to be what the Bible says the world would become. I do not fully understand the Bible, I dont claim to. I also do not speak for God so will not preach on his behalf.

People who do not believe God generally do not understand why I believe. That is ok by me.

Belief is a personal thing. We ALL believe things we cannot personally prove. Many of us believe things we see on the TV, by people we have never met, just because its on the TV people will believe it. But thats ok too. We are who we are and we should never change that just because someone else doesn't understand.

Its great to have the freedom to believe what we like. Yes, we get people critisizing our beliefs whatever they are, but those people need and must be ignored. We all need to be true to ourselves and belief in whatever you want (if no harm to others) and the freedom to express our beliefs when asked without ridicule. This is what makes us who we are. If we listen to scoffers we stop being ourselves and living our own lives, and start living to the will of others.

edit on 26-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

I hate religion. In all its forms. Thats the corrupt man made part. Need to look no further than most Christian churches and the RCC to see that. Look how it can be used by religious and non religious folk to start wars. But then..Jesus hated that too.
edit on 26-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Spiritual enlightenment is certainly essential to the correct path.

What are the definition of "Spiritual enlightenment" in this context?
1 Is it the feeling of love/oneness with things on the other side of the veil and the energy flow between the body and whatever is on the other side of the veil that can exchange information that can surface to the conscious mind.
2 Is it the wisdom that a thinker can get just by thinking and meditating a lot?
3 Is it the fruits of level of understanding you have achieved whatever understanding you have?

I have met a few people that are so incredibly nice and their fruits are very big from my point of view even if they do not have many spiritual experiences. Those people amaze me and it is a privilege to have meet them. You just wanna hug them when you are around them. Beautiful souls.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Pure crap but it has been driven home for milennia at sword/gun point and by conveniently burning alive any pesky free thinkers.

edit on 7/26/2014 by Klassified because: add

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I would say the opposite since when a free thinker thinks the wolves in sheep skin are more likely to be revealed and the true nature of corruption will be shown for all to see.

Trapping with duality views making the true bad good and the true good bad. Religion at it's lowest.

edit on 26-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Hee hee!

They don't even comprehend the contradiction.

Much fear I sense in them!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Spiritual Enlightenment IMO is 'seeing the Light' and having a relationship with God (the Highest Power / Eternal Light etc) on the truest levels and acceptance of God's will, Love, Light and Energy in the way that God intends.

I believe there are naturally beautiful spiritual beings that are imbued with truth and enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thesneakiod

Well it is a sign of madness to some because they take God to the point of madness. But at the same time it's something that we simply can't shrug either because:

- Something did create the Universe we live in and it wasn't a human.

- Something created the conscience that resides in us and it wasn't human. The first human did not create itself.

- If something can create a conscience in humans then it is only logical that the same thing could manifest in other parts of the Universe also. Maybe even outside the laws of our known Universe.

- Science may explain the above with evolution but even if evolution is correct, the something also created evolution.

We will simply never know and because of that we should respect the what ever it is that gave us what we have. Without the creation of the Universe, we simply wouldn't exist or be speaking about the issue in the first place.
edit on 26-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: thesneakiod
After all these years I'm still confused why someone believes in god.

Personal experience.

I am 100% sure there is a God, that there is an afterlife, that those who have 'died' before us are alive in different form elsewhere and that they are aware of what is happening on this plane of existence in this universe. No question. I know this from personal experience. That's why I believe in a God.

If religion was invented now, people would laugh at such an absurd way to think...

Usually religion and God are two different things even though people in the religion think it's all about God. IMHO

Pagans believed in afterlife too,but they didn't believe in a supreme god, Afterlife may exist, but still god doesn't have to have a role in it either.

So why did you get one and not everyone else? Why wouldn't god give us all a spiritual experience to get us all on board?

Ask Him. Let us know if He tells you. 'God's ways are not our ways'. If you want a spiritual experience so you know He's there .... ask Him for one. Ask as a child asks a parent for answers. Then keep watch and see what - if anything - happens. Just be careful what you ask for. Really.

Thats autosuggestion and nothing more, I can believe in a rock with all my passion and ask it for a sign with all my heart, but if something happens would it be me and just me creating it.
Human mind is very powerfull and really doesn't have limits as someone suggested earlier,

We are the true gods of this world, but unfortunatelly some people feel bowed, vassal and need to be subservient to a master cause they feel to weak to stand on their own feet.

That's the reason, some primitive and total naive nomad people of the dessert, need to create a god to give them moral and answers to their existence. the sad thing is that people nowadays still believe the exact some god.

At the same time pagans new much better than that, they had already tones of literature including science such as philoshophy, astronomy, mathematics etc. and their view of gods was entirely different than that of the Jews.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Well it is a sign of madness to some because they take God to the point of madness. But at the same time it's something that we simply can't shrug either because:

- Something did create the Universe we live in and it wasn't a human.

- Something created the conscience that resides in us and it wasn't human. The first human did not create itself.

- If something can create a conscience in humans then it is only logical that the same thing could manifest in other parts of the Universe also. Maybe even outside the laws of our known Universe.

- Science may explain the above with evolution but even if evolution is correct, the something also created evolution.

We will simply never know and because of that we should respect the what ever it is that gave us what we have. Without the creation of the Universe, we simply would exist or be speaking about the issue in the first place.

So Just because we can't explain what created the universe, people assume a supreme being done it?
Years ago we thought the earth was flat, and the sun moved around us, but science, over time proved us wrong.

Science can't prove that there's no god, because we can't find anything to prove either way.

If god wants us to worship him, then why, when he created us, put in the thought process that could possibly make you doubt or question wether he exists or not. Why would god want people living on this planet who, by some means lives a luxury lifestyle through ill gotten gains, whilst being an atheist?

Maybe that's nitpicking, and free will will no doubt the resulting answer, but I see no evidence in my lifetime that god exists or has any power or judgement over us.

Maybe my eyes aren't open enough, I don't know....

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
Pagans believed in afterlife too,but they didn't believe in a supreme god, Afterlife may exist, but still god doesn't have to have a role in it either.

I believe in both because I have experienced both.

Thats autosuggestion and nothing more,

No. Sure some people can work themselves up and think they see signs everywhere. But at the same time, when I've asked,
things have happened. Supernatural things. NOT in my imagination kinds of things.

Believe or disbelieve as you wish.
My comments remain.
I KNOW there is a God and an afterlife, because I have experienced it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

things have happened. Supernatural things. NOT in my imagination kinds of things.

Believe or disbelieve as you wish.
My comments remain.
I KNOW there is a God and an afterlife, because I have experienced it.

But why did you have one? This is what confuses and fascinates me. Was it an event in your life that caused it or where you just idly going about your business? Can you explain the supernatural thing that happened to you. If the whole planet had one, wouldn't the world be a better place?

Again, anyone who believes in god I have zero problems with it. Something that gives you peace can only be a good thing....

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If the whole planet had one, wouldn't the world be a better place?

I think so, but I'm not God so I have no idea why some folks have them and others do not. I think if you ask for Him to reveal Himself in a manner that is unquestionable ... He'll answer. Just be careful what you ask for ... you never know how it'll be delivered.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So Just because we can't explain what created the universe, people assume a supreme being done it?
Years ago we thought the earth was flat, and the sun moved around us, but science, over time proved us wrong.

Well I didn't say a supreme being but something did create the Universe/s and science calls it the Big Bang Theory.... As for the Earth was Flat or the Sun moved around the Earth, that is human error and only shows how much we actually don't know and still don't know about the Universe. We are still finding things and adjusting theories because we are always finding something new.

Science can't prove that there's no god, because we can't find anything to prove either way.

The only proof we have is the existence we live in.. Obviously, the Earth is a grain of Sand in the Universe so anything is possible.

If god wants us to worship him, then why, when he created us, put in the thought process that could possibly make you doubt or question wether he exists or not. Why would god want people living on this planet who, by some means lives a luxury lifestyle through ill gotten gains, whilst being an atheist?

Why would God put people on one planet by chance and not the other planets in the Solar System? I can't answer those questions just as you likely cannot.

Maybe that's nitpicking, and free will will no doubt the resulting answer, but I see no evidence in my lifetime that god exists or has any power or judgement over us.

Maybe my eyes aren't open enough, I don't know....

If your ever in doubt, just look into the night sky and you will see power over you... It won't be a being but it's still there.
edit on 26-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
That sounds like that maybe something bad could happen. Why would it?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
For many, spiritual beliefs such as in God (Highest power / Eternal Light etc) stem from experience. My own beliefs are from my own experiences, and are undeniable. These are true and real experiences that have brought such beliefs and it isn't the same as the Christian teachings I was told as a child, nor of any other religion I have studied and it also isn't deniable by science or rationality.

It is imperative to comprehend that the totality of human 'known' knowledge so far as decreed by mainstream science is not the totality of knowledge and statistically, it likely only a very small percentage of available knowledge of the Universe and it's machinations, including that of the Highest Energy and Infinite Light.

Those that follow organisations blindly are another matter, for that isn't necessarily a true belief in God /Highest Energy / Infinite Light etc.

Thats autosuggestion and nothing more, I can believe in a rock with all my passion and ask it for a sign with all my heart, but if something happens would it be me and just me creating it.
Human mind is very powerfull and really doesn't have limits as someone suggested earlier,

We are the true gods of this world, but unfortunatelly some people feel bowed, vassal and need to be subservient to a master cause they feel to weak to stand on their own feet.

That's the reason, some primitive and total naive nomad people of the dessert, need to create a god to give them moral and answers to their existence. the sad thing is that people nowadays still believe the exact some god.

At the same time pagans new much better than that, they had already tones of literature including science such as philoshophy, astronomy, mathematics etc. and their view of gods was entirely different than that of the Jews.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Example -
You say to God ... I want undeniable absolute proof that you exist and I want to see you face to face.
God says ...okay, here you go. And you end up having an unquestionable near death experience.

That's why I say .. be very careful how you ask.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

it's a crime to over voice your disagreement about it.
My advice is to be an activist for religious freedom, including the freedom to not have a religion, and to not have to follow anyone else's religious practices, and not to have to be "sensitive" to what seems to you as stupid superstitious taboos, like not eating and drinking on Ramadan.

I want to be able to go along my way and step over the people with their prayer-rugs in the street answering the call from a loudspeaker telling them to prostrate themselves.
edit on 26-7-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Example -
You say to God ... I want undeniable absolute proof that you exist and I want to see you face to face.
God says ...okay, here you go. And you end up having an unquestionable near death experience.

That's why I say .. be very careful how you ask.

I am genuinely interested in this as I have had many mystical experiences that opened my eyes to the mysteries of the universe.
But .... you ask God to show himself so he nearly kills you? I may be missing something here but maybe the God in question is a bit of a sadistic egotist!

Its like a child saying to their absent father "I love you dad, please visit me, show me you care"
and the father drives by and pumps a few bullets through the childs bedroom window.
You know, as you do!

edit on 7/26/14 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join