It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not being questioned enough....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thesneakiod

First, there is a mistake in your post, I've seen the same mistake many times in other threads. When you refer to "God" as the "Supreme Being", you must write the "G" with capital letter. Maybe it doesn't look important for you but that simple mistake shows a lack of understanding of the meaning of the word "God". The same word, wthout capital "G" is referred to a representation of plural divinities.

The need of evidence to believe in God is just an arrogant attempt to bring unreachable knowledge to human terms. Our mind has a limit, even if that limit constantly expands with our evolution. The evidence exists, but it is in the other side beyond your state of mind.

But that search of evidence doesn't need to be considered bad, it's just a journey that always ends with the man on his knees.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Gotta agree with you on that.
Jesus did not come to Earth to start a religion that has killed millions.
The best message is The Kingdom Of Heaven lies within.
God wants companions not supplicants.
Any man made institution saying you should worship their religion or you will go to hell are collectively off their rockers.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Couldn't have said it better my self Spacespider.

What you said about having two options of idiocy and hypocricy is spot on. Might use that in my sig... if I may

Absurdity + superstition + governance = predictable conflict.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Forget the limitations society has put on us. Forget religious dogma. We are here. WE have to dictate the future of our world. It's through empathy. People in the Middle East are the same as people from Canada. We are all ONE race.

Human.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Sorry, I was very puzzled to know what grievance you had about the existence of religion, what injury you were suffering from it to make you so indignant, and this was the only clue I could find;

originally posted by: thesneakiod
Yet it's a crime to over voice your disagreement about it. Why?

In fact religious hatred is probably a crime for the severely practical reason that it inflames social conflict.
You are not likely to be prosecuted for religious hatred of Christians, because they are less prone to respond by starting riots.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

First, there is a mistake in your post, I've seen the same mistake many times in other threads. When you refer to "God" as the "Supreme Being", you must write the "G" with capital letter. Maybe it doesn't look important for you but that simple mistake shows a lack of understanding of the meaning of the word "God". The same word, wthout capital "G" is referred to a representation of plural divinities.

The need of evidence to believe in God is just an arrogant attempt to bring unreachable knowledge to human terms. Our mind has a limit, even if that limit constantly expands with our evolution. The evidence exists, but it is in the other side beyond your state of mind.

But that search of evidence doesn't need to be considered bad, it's just a journey that always ends with the man on his knees.

You may want to put a capital at the beginning of god. To me that's totally ridiculous.

The need of real evidence to believe in god isn't arrogant. In fact it's a logical way to try and comprehend a made up figure that you hold so true without any evidence whatsoever.
Maybe god and religion is sacred to you. To me and many many others it's an archaic outdated pastime that drags us back as a society.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

Gotta agree with you on that.
Jesus did not come to Earth to start a religion that has killed millions.
The best message is The Kingdom Of Heaven lies within.
God wants companions not supplicants.
Any man made institution saying you should worship their religion or you will go to hell are collectively off their rockers.

Well said Southbeach. I respect you hugely for your free minded spirituality seeing the wisdom of the message as opposed to dwelling on the words.
Respect.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What really matters is here and now. How do you treat the person in front of you?

One act of kindness travels a long way.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Maybe God exists....maybe he doesn't.

Who are we to know the answers?

The important thing is how you treat others.

Remember, it ripples..

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

In fact religious hatred is probably a crime for the severely practical reason that it inflames social conflict.
You are not likely to be prosecuted for religious hatred of Christians, because they are less prone to respond by starting riots.

You obviously don't spend much time in N. Ireland,
Christians V's Christians. Persecuting each other and rioting quite nicely thank you.

Religion is polarising, full stop.
All religions (to themselves) are 'the truth' and anyone with a different viewpoint is an outsider, to be feared/pitied/avoided/persecuted/prayed for/converted.
Organised religion is a millstone around humanities neck.

God (or god as he/she/it is also known) is an abstract concept that humans made in their own image, and fan fiction ran with it.

edit on 7/26/14 by HumansEh because: additions

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAllTheSame
Maybe God exists....maybe he doesn't.

Who are we to know the answers?

The important thing is how you treat others.

Remember, it ripples..

But that's the question I'm asking? Where has this ideology of god come from?

From man.

The pagens sort of had it right. They worshipped the land and sea and the sun the stars and each other. They gave thanks to what they could see, what was right in front of them. To then say it's some entity that made and controlled it all is absurd.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The original 'religion' was / is a natural recognition of forces outwith human control and stemmed from reliance on the land, weather and environment for survival.

The realisation that Earth is subject to variabilities that are literally heaven sent, in such as from the actions of the sun, the position in relation to the other planets, the moon, the cosmic events from the solar system and galaxy, such as CME, supernova etc that actually do affect Earth, galactic travel such as when the Solar System passes through the arms of sagittarius etc, some of these are causes of major Earth events in that they greatly affect the Earth's environment, such things as extinction events, ice and mini ice ages as well as patterns of global warming and cooling. Many of these things are cyclical and are recognised as such in ancient teachings.

Ancient religious studies and beliefs are essentially recognition of these. The evolutionary path of religion has shown that new terms and words are used for very ancient wisdom, the Sun / the Son etc and should be recognised as such. There is much wisdom hidden in such esoteric writings that humanity still need to take heed of, especially in such times of fast paced egotism that is so far removed from Earth's natural processes (thanks to being in a relatively stable global warm period that has allowed humanity to thrive) that when the natural patterns of weather and warming and cooling are actually starting to affect Earth in ways that for a hundreds or even thousands of years has not been known, has resulted in surprise and wonder.

Consider also that such major cosmic events like supernova could have lit the skies revealing things that aren't normally visible, there could be many many things that would alter the perception of humanity if only it were visible and these could be the basis of many ancient realisations.

Long term human memory has been scientifically shown to persist through generations and there could well have been events viewed as 'supernatural' and other worldly that has persisted in humanities 'genetic memory'. Some might find this as a possibility that they cannot handle but there truly is the possibility that non Earth beings with higher abilities have visited Earth (especially when one considers the Universal statistics and the UNIQUE development of humanity), and that such events have been instrumental, if not the cause of such a UNIQUE and advanced development on Earth. Such things could be considered DIVINE.

The amazing power of DNA is only just being explored and the chances are, that DNA has far greater capability for storing knowledge than is currently realised and perhaps is programmable, we know of mutations and there are probably far more abilities to be recognised.

There is also the possibility that human DNA was carried in a great supernova event (every atom on Earth originated in space, from all round the Universe) and is gradually fulfilling its potential. Given the rapid increase in knowledge and ability of humanity, it is obvious there are probably other civilizations even more advanced with capabilities beyond the current comprehension of humanity, that influences humanities development.

Such cosmic events and the possibility of influence from greater powers has naturally caused in humanity, a recognition of, and due to times when survival was to the foremost of daily requirements, a worship of such greater forces.

Essentially the fact there are such beliefs in greater forces is normal and probably essential to humanity surviving. Most of the religious traditions we know of are related to such things as seasonal practices, harvests, sowing etc and deities were attached to those as rituals for recognising and appealing to the forces required for survival.

It is important that humanity retains such ancient wisdom as it is all too dependent on technology that can only function under certain circumstances, whereas arcane wisdom supercedes such circumstantial requirements.

As religion has developed, it has naturally become corrupted due to the impurities of human nature, such as egotism and greed. Those of unscrupulous morals indulged their own selfish needs in the control of others that has led to corrupt teaching in many, if not all religions, that are superfluous, if not damaging, to humanities constructive development.

On a more constructive note, religion has shaped most of our laws and constructs in society that has shaped and allowed for civilized societies, cultural, philosophical and scientific developments and for that humanity should be grateful and continually respectful of such rules that are necessary for living in civilized cultures.

The spiritual impulse is something ingrained to the very core of many and is often the drive for creative endeavors and great thinking that has brought great inventions and realisations, this should also be respected.

There are those that get their religion from dogma however IMO, true spiritually and connection to the divine should come from within for then it is in it's truest form.

A more direct answer to your question would be that instead of questioning belief in and recognition of God (Highest power / Eternal light etc), it is the teaching and practices of organised religions and such interpretations of God's will that are questionable.
edit on 26-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You may want to put a capital at the beginning of god. To me that's totally ridiculous.

Don't you believe in in grammar neither?

....and English is not even my first language, the rule is the same in other languages too anyway.

The need of real evidence to believe in god isn't arrogant. In fact it's a logical way to try and comprehend a made up figure that you hold so true without any evidence whatsoever.

If you don't believe in God, why you are looking for evidence?
edit on 26-7-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The whole thing is; we can't prove it either way...

Why not just be as good as we can to our fellow humans?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Don't you believe in in grammar neither?

....and English is not even my first language, the rule is the same in other languages too anyway.

If you don't believe in God, why you are looking for evidence?

Why is not using a capital letter on god a grammatical error? That's not really my question is it.

I may not believe in god, nor believe the word deserves a capital, but why can't I question a huge huge part of our world that millions live and die by? I've no problem with others believing, why would I?

Have you not asked your self that maybe, just maybe it might not be true? That it's just us and our our choices?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Have you not asked your self that maybe, just maybe it might not be true? That it's just us and our our choices?

Close. What I asked myself is if it's "all" the true. "Certainly it's a lot more"...., my heart quotes.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Great post, very well written. Yes all societies owe their fundamental structures, laws etc to religious frameworks and that is where we find ourselves now. The danger lies when the framework becomes the society and corralls itself so progress is halted.

As Tim Minchen said about religions, "Stop dwelling on the little stupid differences and think about the big stupid similarities! ( I paraphrase )

Religions are fine, until humans get involved.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

After all these years I'm still confused why someone believes in god.

Personal experience.

I am 100% sure there is a God, that there is an afterlife, that those who have 'died' before us are alive in different form elsewhere and that they are aware of what is happening on this plane of existence in this universe. No question. I know this from personal experience. That's why I believe in a God.

If religion was invented now, people would laugh at such an absurd way to think...

Usually religion and God are two different things even though people in the religion think it's all about God. IMHO

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So why did you get one and not everyone else? Why wouldn't god give us all a spiritual experience to get us all on board?

Ask Him. Let us know if He tells you. 'God's ways are not our ways'. If you want a spiritual experience so you know He's there .... ask Him for one. Ask as a child asks a parent for answers. Then keep watch and see what - if anything - happens. Just be careful what you ask for. Really.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

a reply to: southbeach

So why did you get one and not everyone else? Why wouldn't god give us all a spiritual experience to get us all on board?

Because the knowledge and getting information direct from god removes your free will to not listen to god.

And know I am assuming we are talking about god as the real divine thing that you can connect with your third eye on one level or another that can give you information on a level you normally do not have as a human being more or less disconnected from reality around you.

Most humans cannot handle gods true nature and level of understanding and therefor the ego project god down to lower level simplified human thinking and normally clouded view thinking instead of seeing thing as they are in their unbiased state.

The worst thing that can happen to a religious man is saying his religion is not of god but a simplification and therefor a total lie (idol) of the real nature of all that is.

My proofs of the other side are:
Synchronicity.
Low level telepathy.
Low level Intention Manifestation Healing Reiki that I an use on other people to calm them down and relax so that their bodies potential to self heal improves.
The ability to bliss when I feel like it and the caress of the energy fields on my body and inside my body.
edit on 26-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join