It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chemtrails ruined my blue sky! Here's why...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Thank you for bringing some real science to the silly and deliberate distraction that is the chem/contrail debate.

Haze is present whenever jet aircraft are flying in numbers. Light reduced by 10% according to some. Crystal clear and blue is only during mass groundings such as the Icelandic volcanic eruption or 9/11 groundings.

Since you ask, yes, I do power stations, big time. I'm the number one bee in the bonnet for Magnox and their ever so slow and profitable decommissioning. And I am a bicycle commuter. I'm not interested in carbon theories, I deal with what I see. I only mention those points because you ask. But that's off topic, isn't it.

Thank you again for bringing real science to a largely junk science debate that is only encouraged as a useful distraction from the harmful effects of air travel on the health and happiness of many, many millions of humans and other life forms.

In the interest of scientific accuracy you might want to check that crystal clear and blue statement. One little mistake like that could cause others to dismiss your more accurate statements.
edit on 30 7 2014 by Kester because: condense

edit on 30 7 2014 by Kester because: alteration

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Haze is present whenever jet aircraft are flying in numbers. Light reduced by 10% according to some. Crystal clear and blue is only during mass groundings such as the Icelandic volcanic eruption or 9/11 groundings.

You might want to check some of my recent photos.

Just one example:

Taken in the past month in London, which has some of the busiest skies in the world. There were just as many planes up there as there are today. The only difference is the temperature and humidity of the air.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Where's the control? A comparison with photographs taken during a grounding is needed. Many factors have to be taken into consideration. It would take a full scale study to make anything approaching a definitive statement. The two major groundings mentioned earlier are the only control I'm aware of. Are there others?.

From the link I left in an earlier comment.
"It's as if somebody suddenly ripped a veil away, exposing the true colors of the heavens."

www.sciencedaily.com... "The fact that the three jetless days were in the late summer should suggest that there was less of an effect than would have occurred during a cooler time of the year when more contrails occur," said Carleton."

mobile.reuters.com... "The U.N. panel of climate experts reckons that aviation is damaging the climate and that non-carbon factors -- such as nitrogen oxides, soot or contrails -- may have an effect 2 to 4 times as great as carbon dioxide alone."

Add to that the common layman's observation that skies were bluer and colours on the ground more vibrant during the groundings and you have strong indications that your photograph would show a bluer, clearer sky if no jets had flown for some time. As these scientists point out it's a mammoth task trying to come to some kind of definitive view.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, one photograph doesn't make a case. Do you have a collection of photographs taken with the same camera during a mass grounding? A quick look through some camera reviews will soon give an indication of the variability in each cameras ability to capture colours accurately. Readings showing the amount of light reaching the ground during groundings compared to during 'normal' jet use would throw some light on the subject. Pardon the pun.

If yourself or any of the others wish to comment on this post I will of course be prepared to answer. You may prefer to let it rest and in that way get rid of me and my insistence that the whole chemtrail thing, this thread included, is being used to distract from discussion of the actual measurable negative health effects of jet travel.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

You are quoting 10% as though that is always the case.

WRONG.

On some days, like the one I pictured, the jet exhaust is invisible, so it will not affect the light at all.

On other days, when there is humidity, trails can spread out into cirrus and block a lot MORE than 10% of light.

When the air is dry, light levels are not affected.

When the air is moist then YES, contrails increase cloud formation.

I do believe you are starting to get it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Dry air moves in and... oh look... clear blue skies this afternoon. Magic.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

The men of that era weren't softened by the luxuries of modern living. Don't judge them by your own capabilities. The reason for using stones rather than bullets has been stated. Stones ripped a big hole in the fabric, bullets made a neat puncture.

If you are close enough to a plane that you can put a big hole in it with a stone you threw, why not just shoot the pilot before he got that close?

Also I would think that would make a history book somewhere, but hey maybe it did and I just missed it.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Where's the control? A comparison with photographs taken during a grounding is needed. Many factors have to be taken into consideration. It would take a full scale study to make anything approaching a definitive statement. The two major groundings mentioned earlier are the only control I'm aware of. Are there others?.

From the link I left in an earlier comment.
"It's as if somebody suddenly ripped a veil away, exposing the true colors of the heavens."

Here is a chart of all the blues the sky could be in 1789. Some time before the birth of powered flight

www.anothermag.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mrthumpy

Received with thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join