It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chemtrails ruined my blue sky! Here's why...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You are right with need for travel. But it have consequences (negative and positive externalities). We sometimes benefit from cultural exchange (and sometimes not), or from trade (again, sometimes not). Using car have positive and negative externalities also. We managed this by constructing sound barriers along highways and by taxing fuel (do not catch me on this). Why this doesn't work with air travel? Shouldn't I be somehow compensated by those who provide and use air traffic? My sky is stripy, my crops full of mold (less UV radiation) and price of house much older then nearby airport went down because of noise.
I'm asking why air travel have privilege over other means of transportation?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Global trade is a major contributor to the polluted mess our children will be left with. If all those business people stayed at home and tended vegetable gardens the future of humanity would be far better. It is a personal choice.

There's always the exception. I have flown a short distance once in my adult life. I had to deliver a vitally important message in person. This was a safety issue, not a business issue. I noticed the frequent flyers all acted super-cool and introverted. I got the impression flying played to their sense of self importance.

Humanitarian missions could well be justified. It does work the other way as well. A friend of my parents went to Australia from his native Scotland, and died from heat stress. His wife at home in Scotland was very upset and had to deal with far more than if he'd died locally.

We don't seem to be doing very well at luring in the chemtrail crowd. Perhaps greater subterfuge is called for.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

That is something you should be asking the airliners. Perhaps if enough citizens got together and voiced their opinion, you could enact change. I am all for a better way, and if it could cost less, even better.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

I'm asking why air travel have privilege over other means of transportation?

This is perhaps the most important point. There must be a reason why, as I very rudely said to a pilot, all the idiots are encouraged to fly around in circles. I say fly in circles because most of them end up back where they started from.

Artificial climate change and disruption of stable cultures are my guesses.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

There must be a reason why, as I very rudely said to a pilot, all the idiots are encouraged to fly around in circles. I say fly in circles because most of them end up back where they started from.

You're calling them idiots, for returning home from their trips?

Artificial climate change and disruption of stable cultures are my guesses.
Millions spend their money voluntarily on air travel to participate in the ruse?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Classing everybody who has ever flown on a plane as an idiot is a bit harsh, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Mine also.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

]Millions spend their money voluntarily on air travel to participate in the ruse?

Advertising works.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

]Millions spend their money voluntarily on air travel to participate in the ruse?

Advertising works.

Education doesn't.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: myselfaswell

I have a good memory, trails in the sky are not in my memory for my first 30 years at least. I don't like them no matter what explanation they can give me.

I would get your memory CHECKED then!!!

1954, A photo by Ansel Adams entitled “Rails and Jet Trails”

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The aircraft trails look smaller because they're further away from the camera.

Huh!

What exactly does that have to do with my post, or the the question that was asked?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Global trade is a major contributor to the polluted mess our children will be left with. If all those business people stayed at home and tended vegetable gardens the future of humanity would be far better. It is a personal choice.

And how exactly does that pay the bills, because you can only grow when the weather permits...such as when it is snowing things don't grow unless it's indoors. Which then you have to have an artificial lighting, which in turn needs electricity,which then needs to be provided at a cost and without money to pay that cost your veggie garden is nothing.

So now we get into how you plan to pay the cost for this veggie garden, and I hope you see where this is going so I don't have to waste time typing it all out?

Honestly I am not trying to draw in any crowd so I don't really get why you said that, but to each his own I guess.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I hope folks notice where the thread turned into a hostile environment. It's easy to see and quite telling as to where the problem with this topic is.

It is quite telling isn't it...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

All this talk about industry cutting emissions and carbon taxes.

Meanwhile air travel and the huge impact contrails have on climate change are getting a free ride.

That's right, clouding from aircraft contrails is calculated to have a net warming effect at the surface, so not just the gloomy weather. In regard to CO2, the amounts at altitude are also coming under more scrutiny, the two new satellites that will help CO2 research, (the latest was OCO-2) on July 2nd 2014, and should be ready to function in late August. OCO-2 will monitor CO2 24 times a second, with a projected accuracy of 1 part per million, it will also be able to build up a picture of how CO2 behaves in the atmosphere, when it enters and when it leaves, (AKA sources and sinks) They will also be enabled, with some of the other new satellites, to track global aerosol transportation. Presumably that means any kind of aerosol, (it's a pity the system wasn't up and running this time last year) that was when David Keith was to actually perform his high atmospheric aerosol clouding experiment in New Mexico, they could have kept an eye on him.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Classing everybody who has ever flown on a plane as an idiot is a bit harsh, in my opinion.

It is also selective.

You should also include everybody who has ever ben glad somebody traveled on a plane, everybody who has ever purchased something that was shipped by plane, and everybody who has ever purchased something that was manufactured or sold by an organisation who has ever had anybody fly on a plane as part of eth business.

I think there may be a few people in various less developed areas of the world who have not supported or benefitted from air travel.....

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Those greener than green PV solar panels are often shipped by plane. Tell that to a 'renewables' cult member and watch their eyes go slightly out of focus before they hurriedly change the subject.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Really airfreight would not be used for bulky items goods like that would be sent by ship if you had your way we would all live in caves also have you considered the simple fact you are using a computer to spout your BS, an going by your attitude you shouldn't be using that nice double standard!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

This link mentions air freight for solar panels. forum.solar-electric.com... An installer here worked in the South East of England. They installed panels the day they arrived. If the plane was delayed and didn't reach Heathrow in time they had a day off.

Those would be crowded caves....

I'm kept online by others who like my attitude. I could never manage this on my own. I'm too much of a Luddite.

No trails visible here today. Just the usual mucky haze at high altitude. What would todays sky look like if no jets had flown for the past week? Would the blue be more vibrant? Would more light be reaching the ground with all it's health giving properties? We only have the 9/11 groundings and the Icelandic volcanic eruption groundings to compare. www.cleveland.com... "Without aircraft contrails, "the skies have been particularly blue," said meteorology professor Chris Merchant of the University of Edinburgh." Aye, and about fifty million others. We all saw the same thing.

This is what jet travel is taking from all of us. Our quality of life. The whole chemtrail, contrail, aerial spraying debate is used as misdirection. We need all jet users to pay the full amount for the effects they cause. Anything less is crime.

edit on 28 7 2014 by Kester because: condense

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

you seem to have a sensible reason for not liking air traffic. However futile your anger is, at least it's against something real. But unless you get a whole bunch of other Luddites to join your cause, I doubt your words will be heard any further than ATS. (an then only by a few)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It's the quality, not the quantity of listeners which matters.

When my grandfather was in the trenches they used to throw stones at the enemy aircraft that buzzed them. Stones would tear big holes in the fabric and they brought one down that way. Bullets just made a neat little puncture. (Looks up at passing jet.) Hmmmm. This isn't going to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join