It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the experience of the moment after death leaving one's body feel like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Is it always a sublime experience of being released from a heavy physical existence into a much lighter spiritual realm? Or is there a feeling of sadness and regret that your life as someone with a very familiar name that was you is no longer?

My guess is the first scenario is more likely, but I don't know the answer since I am completely stuck in the physical plane at this point in time. Later, time might not exist, but right now it's time to go to bed.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Complete regret that the body you inhabited was a limited, unique, marvel of creation and all that you left unfulfilled will stay like that, all the hopes and dreams, people you knew, souls you touched or came in contact with will never ever see the light of that aspect of you ever again. Death is a disease.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OmegaSynthesis
Death is a disease sounds way too negative to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When I had my NDE, I was yanked from my body (car accident) but the immediate feeling was one of shedding the enormous weight that gravity causes us to bear. So along with the lightness, I felt absolute total peace, even though I felt myself as being propelled through a dark tunnel.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have been right at the edge. I've nearly drowned and I've had a gun pointed at my head. An odd sense of calm is what I experienced. I knew it was over and I had no more cares.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't know ..I haven't died yet.....(kidding.).....I bet more NDE people could tell you.

JAK

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here's a thread which may be of interest authored by our very own Kinglizard : My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven

Finally it’s time for me to be screened. They take my temperature and it’s a bit high. They take my blood oxygen level and determine that the machine is broken so they take it again only to get the same impossibly low reading. The nurse, still thinking it’s broken, gets her personal device and gets the same reading. Then all hell breaks loose, it’s a full blown emergency to save my life.

I was bathed in a bright white light that came from a single source. It shown through the gaps in the gold “lace” curtain and touched my soul. It made you feel endless love, complete peace and supreme happiness.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Without going into too much detail, I had a projection/dream/vision/past-life regression in which I passed on.

The short version was that a comet or meteor struck the earth, not incredibly close to where I was, but there were a lot of people including myself waiting for the inevitable moment; I remember first a shock wave, and then a heat wave following behind. For a brief second, I was feeling the burnt body, and I think I took one last hurtful breath before I "went" ("Think" used because I don't have my notes, and while I remember the majority of this, I have everything written down elsewhere).

In my case, it was more peaceful, there was no reflection on life, and what I did in the past, because you can't change the past; it was more like focusing on what was next.

At least to me, that is what I think it'll be like when I pass on; I never was one to look back, so when it's my time, I'll probably still be me, still wondering what's ahead.
-fossilera

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

My reference site from people expériences:

www.nderf.org...

Lots of different stories by the experiencer from around the world, diff religions/age/ethnicity...

Good reading

Jeff

top topics

join