Are movie titles covering up classified topics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've been wondering lately if someone or something is covering up classified topics to throw off search keywords.

I'm sure everyone here on ATS knows about the battle of Los Angeles. It's quite a good case for a UFO sighting. If you want to learn about it, you "google it". With the release of "Battle: Los Angeles", every time you search for "the battle of Los Angeles" you get the movie. What about Echelon surveillance? Some of you might not know that Echelon is purportedly a surveillance system that basically tracks and I.D.s everyone. The movie "The Echelon Conspiracy" is basically about the Echelon system. I know there are more examples, I just wanted to know if anyone else has wondered this.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sliick

Stargate.
Manchurian candidate.

edit on 25-7-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006 Those are good suggestions, but the original Manchurian Candidate was released in the 60s (I think) which was well before the internet. Maybe they did it to hide books?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Interesting never gave it any thought but would not surprise me. I heard /knew about Echelon but back in the day every one said ahhh your crazy..Just like when easy pass came out i said it will be used 4 tracking and when they first started to put up cameras on red lights first it started in high crime areas like where i lived was to help stop crime.then the rich towns started getting them and it was for traffic ect... Who is crazy now lol
edit on 25-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I am confused on your example.
So when I type battle of la into Google you are saying I should get results on echelon not the movie?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yeah I was thinking about movies that cover-up projects and didn't really read your post properly.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Or, they make movies based on popular themes.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Or, they make movies based on popular themes.

Art imitates life...right?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I believe there is definite intention to portray things in movies that are serious topics outside of film, so that large numbers of people don't think of them outside the realm of fiction. How many times have you talked about this or that conspiracy theory to some friends and said, "Just like in that one movie" or something similar? Talking like that to someone who isn't already interested in conspiracy often puts you in the tin-foil hat crowd, in their opinion.

I was watching Lost last night (I had never seen it) and there was a character the CIA was pressuring, to convince an old friend of his to commit an act of terrorism (something his friend had confided in him he did not feel right about doing). They had leverage on this character, practically forcing him to do what they wanted. I don't doubt similar situations happen all the time.

Hollywood is partly responsible for how public opinion is shaped. The majority of Americans have their opinions shaped by trends in the popular culture and a lot of what we think is fashionable, a lot of the opinions we make are based on agendas and programming provided by a studio somewhere in either Hollywood or New York.

The Pentagon recognizes the power of Hollywood and lately has been more or less the directors and the writers with hidden agendas to rewrite history to suit its own strategy.

The propaganda machine is now being used to inspire Americans to get behind the continued war. The propaganda is being used to sway public opinion about history and current events that seem to be a bit nebulous like the attacks of September 11th, 2001, the assassination of Osama Bin Laden, the Benghazi attacks and the shootings at Aurora, Colorado and Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.

They are also attempting to even shape our opinions about certain political figures and changing the truth about their shady pasts and actions.

There seems to be a never ending menu of films that include references to the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, military intelligence, black ops, the militarized local police, the prison system and even military events that allegedly shape history.

Article: Hollywood Hitler

I link this Ground Zero podcast, because it's along the same lines of this thread.

For a lot of people it is no surprise that Hollywood has made notorious deals for financial profit. Tonight on Ground Zero, Clyde Lewis along with Freeman will discuss the past of the American film industry’s compromises in ‘Hollywood Hitler‘. A show that will show that the spirit of fascism is alive and well in film.

Podcast
edit on 25-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: winter is coming

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

So you don't think that it is the case of regular well-known themes (e.g., dirty spies) being used in films simply because they are well-known themes that the movie-going public understands and expects to see in films?

edit on 7/25/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Stargate.

Yeah agreed. I'm highly suspicious of that one as well. Especially as they spent 9 seasons explicitly telling viewers the humans from Earth "could not handle the knowledge of extraterrestrials." They even did an episode of using a TV show (Wormhole Xtreme) as a story about the StarGate within the original series.

Color me suspicious in Xtreme. I did a thread about it some time back.
edit on 054pm2020pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I'd say it would depend on the underlying message of the film to determine if it's regular well known themes, or regular well known themes being used to push an agenda of some sort. Certainly not every film is a conspiracy.

I'd also add that sometimes the propaganda takes on a life of its own and once believed by a large enough group of people, perpetuates itself. A great example of this, is anything written by Daniken/Sitchin IMHO.

I also don't think films that take place in dystopian future settings are being made "by popular demand". My opinion is that more and more of those are being made to acclimate younger and younger generations to the concept.
edit on 25-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Many years ago someone I knew who worked on Navy subs told me that the Hunt for red October that Sean Connery movie or think it was Sean Connery was actually a true story about the defection of the Soviet nuclear sub captain. shortly after this defection United States Navy developed the mike class submarine. Tom Clancy has written several novels that seem to do what you suggest regarding classified incidents and information.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I agree that using such titles does make research that bit harder.

For anyone who doesn't know

When entering words for google to search you can use quotes to force the results. for eg..

Enter into google Battle for la "saucer"
That forces google to only return results that include the word saucer.

You can also do this Battle for la -"saucer"
The minus sign forces it to ignore results that contain the word saucer.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
No boobs ??? damn I read the thread title wrong again.

Anyway to add some substance to this post..... I've often wondered about movies meaning more than just pure fictional entertainment, such as some kind of expression of the global consciousness. I remember seeing the watchmen with a few friends and feeling a little out of place with how blown away I was with the message between the lines I got from it. I often feel like Dr Manhattan from that movie, I resonated with him alot.
edit on 25-7-2014 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyGoo
No boobs ??? damn I read the thread title wrong again.

Anyway to add some substance to this post..... I've often wondered about movies meaning more than just pure fictional entertainment, such as some kind of expression of the global consciousness. I remember seeing the watchmen with a few friends and feeling a little out of place with how blown away I was with the message between the lines I got from it. I often feel like Dr Manhattan from that movie, I resonated with him alot.

In the uk there was a tv series called Inspector Morse. Whenever I watched it I saw masonic symbols all over the place. In a couple of episodes they included the masons. How many episodes were there? 33. A quick look on google and I find people have made videos about the symbolism within the show.

Another tv series titled Sherlock has a lot of satanic symbolism in it.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Einstein once said “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.”
Since your idea has passed the absurdity test. I'd say there's at least some validity to it as a theory. But I'd like to add a little something to it...

I have a personal interest in "Social Engineering", and have studied it off and on for years. So imagine my surprise when some time ago, I typed "social engineering" into google, looking for an official definition to use for something I was working on. What came up was a batch of mixed results. There are now 2 types of social engineering. Talk to a computer tech, and he'll give you a definition that relates to security. Talk to someone in political science, and they will give you a totally different definition. Same term. 2 completely different meanings. So your theory may not be limited to movie names.

Coinkydink? Probably. It would be absurd to think otherwise.

edit on 7/25/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Perhaps you should be more specific with your searches and cut out the "chaff" that comes with generalities?
But I see that the thread has taken a turn elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

As much as western media shouts that China is blocking information, what China is in reality blocking is western disinformation (although the other occurs as well).

Today, every time you search something, you get up Wikipedia. For example, in the 1800's, there was a classical case, of humanitarian nature in France, which shows that France was the first country to actually introduce humanitarian cases in court, claiming people were as much victims of circumstance, as perpertrators. Now it's gone from the internet, almost impossible to find.

It's just one of a million cases, as you said ... and the reason is IMDB, Facebook, and Wikipedia. These sights, allow any moron to edit and insert information, that after that will cloud all other information on the Internet. This is a far more effective disinformation media, than anything the Chinese have.

As an example, the current MH17 affair. Even Wikipedia now calls the soldiers of the breakout republics of Ukraine for terrorists. When the same happened in Bosnia, Kroatia it wasn't terrorism ... it was freedom fighting. But in this case, the people in question are Russians ... who are "enemies" of the US, so the label "terrorists" is put on them. Which of course, is a political term and not correct.

Another case, of Wikipedia's disinformation is Plate Tectonics site. A scientific information, that should be factual. But instead of being factual, a theory as the Plate Tectonics that in reality is widely questioned. Is written in a political manner, where people who have alternative theories are called crackpots and idiots. Literally.

And if someone, by any chance, edits the label "terrorist" on the breakout republics. The CIA operatives, who apparently are common here on ATS, cry out "terrorists" in an attempt to ban the changes of an adjective that is a political adjective, and does not belong on an information site. These CIA operatives have only purpose, and that is to be the LAST person to put a comment on your forum, or to be the LAST person to edit the Wikipedia site. Because they know, that anything between the first and the last ... is almost always forgotten. In such a way, they will rule the disinformation that is being provided.

So, yes ... I think many of us know. It's all over the Internet ... the US has been busy these past couple of decades in making the Internet a propaganda medium, much like the Luxemburg/Norway radio channels during the Marshall plans.
edit on 26/7/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I agree that using such titles does make research that bit harder.

For anyone who doesn't know

When entering words for google to search you can use quotes to force the results. for eg..

Enter into google Battle for la "saucer"
That forces google to only return results that include the word saucer.

You can also do this Battle for la -"saucer"
The minus sign forces it to ignore results that contain the word saucer.

Thanks i did not know that

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join