It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 Russian Troops Amassed Along Ukraine Border: U.S. Ambassador To NATO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Equinox99

OF course. They ushered these new guys in pretty seamless.. Even now, they are now gone. Backed down to pressure.
USA lost that hand.. Russia's turn.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
www.huffingtonpost.com...

the article......

ASPEN, Colorado, July 25 (Reuters) - Russia has now amassed around 15,000 troops along the border with Ukraine, the U.S. ambassador to NATO said on Friday, offering a higher figure than one previously cited by the Pentagon.

U.S. Ambassador to NATO Douglas Lute offered the estimate during a security forum in Colorado, saying there were "now up again over about 15,000 Russian troops amassed along the border with Ukraine." (Reporting by Phil Stewart; Editing by Susan Heavey)

Thats the whole article. Is this just more b.s.? I am going to say it.................PICS or i don't believe it. I mean they have that many troops there has to be some proof will watch and see..

edit on 25-7-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: added external source tags MOD Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Nope not BS.

This has been in the news the last month after Ukraine raised concerns about the troop movements on the Russian side. Ukraine also stated that Russia was preparing an invasion of Ukraine, however the suggested start time came and went. Russia certainly is becoming more and more aggressive while lying to the world at the same time by stating they arent moving troops and are not directly involved in Ukraine (even though they are actively shelling Ukraine sites from Russian territory and shooting down Ukraine military aircraft from the Russian side).

The increase we are seeing might be the prelude to it.

The EU put their sanctions in place on more Russian individuals, including people in Putin's top circle of advisers. If Russia were to escalate it further I think we would start seeing the end of the line for Europe trying to play both sides based on economic issues (justified in their position).

Sanctions on entire sectors of the Russian economy. I would think somewhere in some back room discussions are being held talking about military responses should sanctions not work.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail
I am stoked. I don't want to see anyone die but I am so over US intervention and their slaughtering tactics that take place all over the world by their proxy terrorists. It is enough. I am tired of their support of Israel, I am tired of their meddling in Syria, Libya. and the African nations. This needs to stop. There is no way to stop it unless the Super Powers go to war. It is time.

We can stop it. We the people. But everyone chooses not to.

The people's apathy will get us all killed.

Not enough people know whats going on or care about it to do anything. And because of that our wonderful leaders are free to do as they wish.

We are letting this happen

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail
I am stoked. I don't want to see anyone die but I am so over US intervention and their slaughtering tactics that take place all over the world by their proxy terrorists. It is enough. I am tired of their support of Israel, I am tired of their meddling in Syria, Libya. and the African nations. This needs to stop. There is no way to stop it unless the Super Powers go to war. It is time.

Should war occur and Russia / China lose then who will you blame?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
Imagine that, 15,000 Russian troops inside Russia!! Where does Putin get off having his own troops inside his own boarders? The US is really grasping now, feels like they are chomping at the bit for a war against Russia.

I know!
Next they will be saying there are fighrer jets in there airforce bases!

People 15000 troops is not much!

Thats not enough to even invade france with!
edit on 26-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Its news when they CROSS the border. Did they? Or are troops inside their own respected borders as is their right. This is just scare tactics. Russia farts and the whole world...

Why would they need to cross the border when they can arm and fund radicals to do the dirty work for them. To be honest I am sick of the lies coming out of both sides on this one. I have a novel Idea maybe we should just let the people that are citizens of the Ukraine figure this out.

That means Russia,US,EU can worry about themselves for change. The US is on the verge of an economic meltdown and five million people have lost unemployment compensation. Russia can not even find the courage to have a free press. The EU looks more like Nazi Germany then a free society with all the anti privacy crap.

Get your own backyard in order......Russia.....USA......EU.
edit on 26-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

The Separatists are not going to mess with the investigation. They want the truth to come out.

Sure they aren't...

And some video for you...

Go to the 3:00 min. mark and tell me they aren't messing with the investigation, because once you contaminate a crash scene as they have you are messing with the investigation.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Equinox99

Well it makes sense for Russia to intervene because those people ARE Russian. They speak Russian and want to belong to their motherland.

Problem here is they are living in Ukraine, which btw is not part of Russia, so how does that give Russia any claim to invade another country especially a sovereign one?

So in your mind it is okay for any country to invade another because they have citizens that speak their language?

You don't see the problem there do you?

If these Russians want to be part of the homeland then that's fine...move to RUssia, but don't try to force those who want to be Ukraine into being Russian.

Russia should have invaded Ukraine as soon as the coupe happened. It was illegal to overthrow the democratically elected government.

You do understand that democratically elected government stole billions from Ukraine and it's people for their own personal gain, but that is okay because they were democratically elected.

The people who replaced the old government were a bunch of rich guys who were actually groomed by the US long ago.

Really because the one candidate that the US backed was not the one the Ukraine citizens elected...democratically I might add. Also note they had a choice as to who they elected.

So the they were groomed by the US is bullocks and honestly an old and warn out argument.

They want Russia to react to their strategy so they can vilify them in the media. That;s what is happening now and Russia is playing the game cool and collected.

Russia has done the villifying to themselves by first invading Crimea and lying about it, then now they are in crisis mode because they have been shown that they are backing the separatists and now with the downing of MH 17 they have changed the story so many times they don't even know what is the original story is anymore.

If that is what you consider cool and collected, you may want to actually look again.

They know if they get heated the world won't hesitate to point there finger and say "See? I told you Russia is evil."

Russia should have thought about that before causing the situation in Ukraine, and yes all of this is because Putin is having a hissy fit.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Well, Russia has been asked to close if not monitor its border with Ukraine to stop 'terrorists' coming over.....so looks like damned if they do and damned if they don't to me.

So Russia is going to stop terrorists from crossing the border...Of course that is to stop Russian terrorists from crossing into Ukraine, correct?

I ask because the last time I checked there were not terrorists crossing into Russia causing turmoil from Ukraine unless of course you have evidence that proves otherwise.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thanks all.. I have a hard time trusting anything i read or hear now a days. I know 15k troops does not seem like much but with all the black ops/cia provocateurs and all the stuff going on just want some input from good ol ats members. I trust nothing from governments especially ours. Seems to be just a mad push to start all kinds of wars and trouble. We are definitely living in interesting times. I wonder how our history will look back on all of this in the future..

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You totally misunderstood my sarcasm. Ukraine had asked Russia to close their borders preventing Russian 'terrorists' going into Ukraine. If you care to read it again, nowhere did I imply Ukranians were going into Russia. Well my post made sense to me.
You also missed this...

Just saying...it's late and hot in the UK...so I could be a bit fuddled....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Another article.
news.yahoo.com...

They have a pic on here showing troops.
edit on 26-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join