It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House taking impeachment seriously

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If it's "Tit for tat" how does one justify dissing one side while recognizing that your own side sucks as much?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: xuenchen

...where no further action was taken on it.

Yes, an action. Not a ridiculous action. They said, "fine". It was dropped. The attack on Clinton was limp, they are good politicians. Couldn't get them on the real estates # but nailed him later for lying about a blow job. That says something about the weak ass, desperate stuff from the Right.

real classy comments there.

Adds a lot to this particular discussion and topic doesn't it.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If it's "Tit for tat" how does one justify dissing one side while recognizing that your own side sucks as much?

Rather easily since the current guy campagined and listed W's 'atrocities' then did the same things, and WORSE saying 'He was going to be better'.

That is the difference.
edit on 25-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

OMG. A non-point.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Rather easily since the current guy campagined and listed W's 'atrocities' saying 'He was going to be better'.

That is the difference.

So you are acknowledging W's atrocities? Awesome. I didn't think I would hear that here.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Why?

Since no one wants to admit the current guys.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Why is the reaction of the Right to a Leftist prez always IMPEACHMENT?

The right calls for impeachment of the left. The left calls for impeachment of the right. In reality, neither side gets to impeach the other because if impeachments start flying then every POTUS will get hit and they know it. Each Administration whines about the previous POTUS but they never go after that previous POTUS. They protect each other. They have to. Otherwise, they'd all end up in jail.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What does the left have on GW ?

WHAT ?

Except GD demagoguery?

www.youtube.com...

Iraq only if people IGNORE the Iraq war resolution.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Patriot Act ?

Only if people IGNORE the FISA Act of the Carter Administration:

en.wikipedia.org...

And the IGNORE Clintons Omnibus Counter Terrorism Act of 1995.

en.wikipedia.org...

Katrina ?

Yeah that was 'Bush's fault' for New Orleans being built in a KNOWN flood zone.

That covers the left's top 3 or 4 .

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Well, Obama did bring in the same lawyer who got Clinton through his impeachment at the beginning of this year.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hadriana

Impeachment at this point will get nowhere because while the House could certainly pass articles of impeachment, The Senate is the body that must hold the trial and vote to convict.

And if you think Harry Reid is going to bring THAT to the floor for any reason, then you haven't been paying attention to his performance. He won't even bring jobs bills to the floor. The only thing the Senate votes on is stuff THEY write.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Rather easily since the current guy campagined and listed W's 'atrocities' saying 'He was going to be better'.

That is the difference.

So you are acknowledging W's atrocities? Awesome. I didn't think I would hear that here.

Did you miss the emphasis quotes around "atrocities?" Generally when those are used it signifies that the word is being used in a way it normally wouldn't be used. In other words, the atrocities weren't what the left billed them as. I don't have to like what W did, but I don't agree they were "atrocities" either.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Why is the reaction of the Right to a Leftist prez always IMPEACHMENT?

The right calls for impeachment of the left. The left calls for impeachment of the right. In reality, neither side gets to impeach the other because if impeachments start flying then every POTUS will get hit and they know it. Each Administration whines about the previous POTUS but they never go after that previous POTUS. They protect each other. They have to. Otherwise, they'd all end up in jail.

This used to be the accepted wisdom, until the day the detante is violated by someone who uses the presumption of that protection to go too far.

Obama has done that. He is actively violating the COTUS, and if he summarily grants amnesty, there is no defense for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Come on guys it took him 6 years to figure out what a president should do, I think if we give it another 6 more years he might actually be a president of some kind. Do we really want to waste 6 years of recession to get him the OJT he needed, just to throw it all away?
edit on 25-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Obama has succeeded in my mind... he was handed a toxic pile of rubbish by Bush.. the fact it is still functioning - teetering on the edge it is, but still functioning.... tells me he did his job!
McCain, Kerry, Romney, Cheney.. imagine what they would have done with 8years in the white-house.

So now they're talking impeachment? Why would you want to slit your own wrists like that?

And why do it twice? First Clinton and now Obama? Why Impeach a democrat just to use it as fodder in a glamorous upcoming election?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Right that they should take impeachment seriously, After all, Obama seems to be his worst enemy in that regard. He seems to be working for it via multiple directions.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Obama has succeeded in my mind...

Well that sets my mind at ease.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

"Wait how could the White take take impeachment 'seriously' ?
After all he doesn't 'watch the news'."

Dear Neo, Do you believe for one second that Barry does not know what brews in the minds of the fevered wingnuts?
Now their game seems to be impeachment. Will you jump on that bandwagon?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Dear Agi-Chop, Please calm down and have a bit of patience. Impeachment would be the perfect storm to ravage and subdue the radical right. You and I should welcome this insanity. Can you imagine just how much the radical right despises Obama? Sorry, but they despise him even more than you can imagine. So I say bring it on! Yes, Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin, let's bring it on! Let's impeach him because of patriotism! Yes!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Just want to win a longshot bet for once .. think already put the bookies kids through uni .. bought the bookies a couple yachts and set them up for retirement with what bet on longshots over the years ..

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Dear Mr. Expat with the formidable samurai swords, I completely agree with every thing that you say, except that I don't have the slightest idea what you are saying. Other than that, we are simpatico.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join