It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House taking impeachment seriously

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Obama is so unpopular at this point, it might be quicker just to try to do a recall.

Can we get a recall vote on a president?

I personally have seen no real movement on any impeachment.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"He either enforces the laws on the books—as he was hired and elected to do—or he leaves Congress no option. This is not our choice, this is our corporate sponsors choice and I would advise him to keep up the good work," Yoho said in a written statement after the meeting.

This is how I read the quote.

Impeachment? Meh.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. We won't get fooled again?
edit on 25-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
They (the WHite House) takes impeachment seriously.

But they won't take;
Ukraine
ISIS
Muslim Brotherhood
IRS
Benghazi
Unemployment

. . . seriously.

That is just sad.

SERIOUSLY !

The only people he takes 'seriously' are his critics right here in the grand ole US of A.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
to be honest I am terrified what two more years of Obama are going to bring

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: neo96
to be honest I am terrified what two more years of Obama are going to bring

Everyone should be.

But that will only last a year at most.

The last year of his presidency will be ALL about the 2016 election.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: xuenchen

There may in fact be a good case for impeachment.

Possibly...

But it won't matter - Obama is already writing up an Executive Order to override the impeachment.

Ya baseless claims like him writing up a EO to override an impeachment do great in threads like this. Sure to get you plenty of stars.

it was a joke

i think

lol

That was a good joke.

That had it's basis in reality.

The 'Year of action' from Mr. President whose got a pen, and a phone, and says. 'Congress? He don't need no stinking congress!'.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Guess the White House is 'feeling' guilty'. I thought he learned of everything first through the news - "just like the rest of us". Jay Carney on how Obama learned about the VA scandal. < how sad

I'm no fan of Obama's, but I'd like to point out that Carney said Obama found out about the scandal through the reports, not the news reports, there are other kinds of reports ya know. Let's not resort to libtard tactics please.

edit on 25-7-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Bilk22

Guess the White House is 'feeling' guilty'. I thought he learned of everything first through the news - "just like the rest of us". Jay Carney on how Obama learned about the VA scandal. < how sad

I'm no fan of Obama's, but I'd like to point out that Carney said Obama found out about the scandal through the reports, not the news reports, there are other kinds of reports ya know. Let's not resort to libtard tactics please.

Really?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have enough trouble seeing the House trying an impeachment, despite their whining. Surely the Senate will not convict. You need 60 Senators and 53 of them are Democrats. This will only embolden Obama if there is a failed impeachment.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BSndsMPBlk47
I have enough trouble seeing the House trying an impeachment, despite their whining. Surely the Senate will not convict. You need 60 Senators and 53 of them are Democrats. This will only embolden Obama if there is a failed impeachment.

Well we arrive at the mid terms and there's a very good possibility that the Reps get both houses. Then what? However, the new bodies arriving every day may make that a difficult task. Keep your eye on the ball.

Best case scenario is they do get control of both houses. Impeach and then leave it at that. No prosecution. Just censure and relegate him to finishing off his term without the ability to do further damage.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Obama will continue to destroy the constitution and the U.S dollar all the way to total collapse.
That's the plan.
War will keep him in office.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BSndsMPBlk47

In the Senate, 67 is the magic number.

67 sends 'em to Heaven.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

67 sends 'em to Heaven.

And it's only taken 1 to send us to hell.

The one? The only 'Potus'.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Maybe will finally win one of my longshot bets with the bookies in vegas .. c'mon impeachment !!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why is the reaction of the Right to a Leftist prez always IMPEACHMENT? Apparently democracy doesn't work when your party is sucking.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Go ahead with your brain-dead impeachment movement. I hope you do. It has no substance, will not be successful, but will hopefully expedite the implosion of the GOP. Even the puppet Boehner knows it’s a loser. But please, do proceed. If you choose to follow the likes of Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz and Barbara Whatshername over the cliff, then by all means go for it.

The following is just a short list of some of Obama’s accompishments:

1. The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, makes it illegal for employers to pay unequal wages to men and women who perform equal work.
2. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, provided hundreds of billions of dollars into infrastructure, research and job creation.
3. Saved the American auto industry and its hundreds of thousands of jobs from disappearing by preventing Chrysler and GM from going bankrupt.
4. Overturned Bush Administration restrictions on federal funding for stem cell research.
5. The Matthew Shepard Act, expands hate crime definitions to include gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
6. Has set a new record of 52 consecutive months of private sector job growth. The old record, set by Bill Clinton, was 51 straight months. The Obama Administration has already seen 5 times the number of jobs created during both terms of George Dubya.
7. The Credit Card Bill of Rights, outlaws hidden fees and deceptive lending practices from credit card companies.
8. The Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act, allows gay soldiers to serve openly in the United States military.
9. Student loan reform, significantly expands access to affordable government loans and Pell Grants for college.
10. The Affordable Care Act, will establish universal health care for the first time in the history of the United States. Whether you like it or not, it has been quite successful. The ridiculous lawsuit being pursued by the Republicans is totally hypocritical and about Obama’s attempt to accomodate them over an issue they were crying their little eyes out over. Cry me a river. Boo hoo... Talk about back-stabbers.
11. New START Treaty, will reduce by half the nuclear missile stockpiles of Russia and the United States.
12. Overturned Bush Administration “global gag rule,” allows American aid to international health organizations who provide family planning, including abortion counseling.
13. The Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, dramatically expands federal efforts into finding a cure for paralysis, as well as increasing support for care and rehabilitation.
14. Removed all combat troops from Iraq.
15. Appointed Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, the first Latina to ever serve on the bench.
16. Children’s Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, provides health care to 11 million children who live in poverty.
17. The Food Safety Modernization Act, for the first time gives the FDA a mandate to prevent, rather than simply respond to, contamination of the food supply.
18. Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, overhauls the financial markets to prevent another economic crisis and establishes a new consumer protection bureau.
19. Killed pirates, in particular three Somali pirates who were holding an American ship hostage in 2009.
20. Killed Osama bin Laden, who had taken America hostage and killed 3,000 Americans in 2001.
21. The stock market has soared to record highs.
22. The unemployment rate has fallen to a level (6.1%) below where it was before the Bush economic disaster, plunging our economy into the worst recession since the Great Depression.

The above is only a fraction of the accomplishments of this president. It’s actually incredible considering the obstruction faced by the DO NOTHING Republicans in Congress. The only record this Congress can claim is that of being the least productive Congress in this country’s history. And that’s not an opinion - it’s a fact.

I’m not even a Democrat and the above is obvious. The Republican Party sure has changed over the past 20 years. And not in a good way. I shudder to think of the condition this country would be in with a Republican at the helm...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Why is the reaction of the Right to a Leftist prez always IMPEACHMENT? Apparently democracy doesn't work when your party is sucking.

There was a big effort to impeach Bush.

During the presidency of George W. Bush, several American politicians sought to either investigate Bush for allegedly impeachable offenses, or to bring actual impeachment charges on the floor of the United States House of Representatives Judiciary Committee. The most significant of these efforts occurred on June 10, 2008, when Congressman Dennis Kucinich, along with co-sponsor Robert Wexler, introduced 35 articles of impeachment [1] against Bush to the U.S. House of Representatives.[2] The House voted 251 to 166 to refer the impeachment resolution to the Judiciary Committee on June 11, where no further action was taken on it.[3] Bush's presidency ended on January 20, 2009, with the completion of his second term in office, rendering impeachment efforts moot.

Efforts to impeach George W. Bush

And a big website dedicated

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Had same bet in when shrub erm.. bush was in too .. though seem to do better betting on horseraces ..

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Because the LEFT was the same way with the last guy.

During the presidency of George W. Bush, several American politicians sought to either investigate Bush for allegedly impeachable offenses, or to bring actual impeachment charges on the floor of the United States House of Representatives Judiciary Committee

en.wikipedia.org...

So it's pretty much tit for tat.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

...where no further action was taken on it.

Yes, an action. Not a ridiculous action. They said, "fine". It was dropped. The attack on Clinton was limp, they are good politicians. Couldn't get them on the real estates # but nailed him later for lying about a blow job. That says something about the weak ass, desperate stuff from the Right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join