It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 questions about the Israel-Palestine conflict you were too embarrassed to ask

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
First off, what a fantastically insightful (IMO) not too biased reflection of the conflict in Israel starting in modern times.
I can truthfully say I'm much less ignorant of the situation after reading this article and answered quite a few questions, especially why the ""One state solution" will not work for Israel.

Lets talk more about the article after a few of you have read it.

www.vox.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Very interesting article! As you said it is unbiased as far as I can tell and its clear that both Palestine and Israel have somewhat legitimate claims to the land. Unfortunately this makes the situation a kind of Catch 22 in as much as two countries cannot occupy the same land yet both have claims to it! A peaceful solution seems a long long way away....

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's a really good read. Nothing too groundbreaking, nothing that wasn't already pretty obvious, but it's a good conglomeration of information and a nice, unbiased, summary.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The 10th is the worst actually... because no matter what your opinion is, but looking at the past 30 years I mean...

The 10th Question has to be: "who cares?"

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Great article, and it is certainly very insightful. Having said that, all of the reasons listed are viable, but the elephant in the room is this: BOTH sides believe that they are the rightful heirs to the promise that God made to Abraham in regards to the holy land. Most people (namely ignorant, Dispensational Christians) will say that the descendants of Issac are the Jews, and the descendants of Ishmael are the Muslims, and because Ishmael was the illegitimate son of Abraham the Muslims have no claim to the holy land. This is a VERY over simplified and flat out wrong argument, but it is unfortunately the most common and popular narrative today, and has been for most of American history. Religion is the biggest cause of this conflict, and all of the reasons listed in this article are the result of two false religions fighting over their false Gods.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
One interesting part...

Why is not the Jordan side open borders, or at least free flow of ecommerce? Seems like the Jordan river is all that stops this, or does Jordan, a very rich country, not help?

new topics

top topics

join