It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, ISIS Isn’t Ordering Female Genital Mutilation In Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuerillaSkill
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I am not sure why you think you are justified to be such a loudmouth.

Your only argument seems to be, "Islam bad".

I don't really see what the OP did wrong to deserve this.

I am not sure why you think a person is not justified to be such a loudmouth (loudfingers, perhaps)

My argument isn't "Islam bad', but religion bad. Islam is definitely a ringleader in the troubles of the world - putting it as mildly as anyone could before their morning coffee and without blatant lying.

That then should help you "see what the OP did wrong to deserve this".

Don't come to reasonable people and even hint at defending religion anywhere near me and especiall try to defend islam.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Please stick with the topic, and post civilly.
Those who choose to ignore this warning face post removals....and possible posting bans.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

99% of Muslims don't practice fgm. the one's who do are in Africa and it is a cultural practice that, according to weak ahadith, the Prophet didn't denounce...He didn't encourage the practice either, but he didn't stop its practice according to some.

Whether he did or didn't YOU try to stop people doing crazy cultural things when they have done it for centuries and centuries. It's nigh on impossible, especially when its women themselves doing it!

If this was something all, or even a majority of Muslims do I would think you would have a point, but its not. The ones who do it, need to be taught from the inside the dangers etc. Judging and condemning does no good.

HECK, the only reason that i know anyone, anywhere does this is because of the internet. Many Muslims in the world don't even know its something anyone would do... and would be just as repulsed as you... I know I was - but like you, I heard it on the internet. BTW. I'm Muslim. It's just not done outside of Africa that I know of.
edit on 26-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Well, gee wizz - that 1% sure are active, then. They bring building down, kill, murder, torture, maim, hate everyone and do it all in the name of the other 99% and their insane prophet and deity.

I don't give a damn about the 99% - they aren't calling for some huge holy war against that naughty 1% and prepared to defend their faith against their outrageous affronts on humanity, so can therefore be lumped in together with them.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Let us use the example of chicago...

In chicago you have 2.7 million people. Now.... you also have crimes in chicago... not all are sweet law abiding citizens.

Some of those citizens murder people, some 540 or so people were murdered in 2012, there were many robberies, some thefts, some assault cases, some misdemeanor crimes, some people committed traffic offenses.

More than 1% if you were to tally it up who live in Chicago committed some kind of crime... not everyone there is the same....

the same is true in Islam as it is for chicago... its just a bigger world than one city. Everyone has their quirks.

If I was to only look at the murders in Chicago I could call Chicagoan's horribly violent people... and to do so is ignorance, because there are more than those murderers living there.. the same is true for everything and all peoples, if you don't take the whole into consideration, your inviting ignorance.

FGM was a pre-Islamic practice in certain African countries. Don't blame anyone but those doing the action. Fix the action through education... if you are concerned... but try educating those practicing the act. Not condemning those who don't do it.
edit on 27-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Well, gee wizz - that 1% sure are active, then. They bring building down, kill, murder, torture, maim, hate everyone and do it all in the name of the other 99% and their insane prophet and deity.

I don't give a damn about the 99% - they aren't calling for some huge holy war against that naughty 1% and prepared to defend their faith against their outrageous affronts on humanity, so can therefore be lumped in together with them.

You're funny. You amuse me with your wacky pronouncements. You should think about going into television, on a sitcom. That's the only place i can think of right off the top of my head where one would find such a caricature of the court jester, one who cannot even fathom the difference between FGM and blowing stuff up, and so must lump all of "the other", whom one obviously lives in dire fear of, into one big happy ball of disfunction.

Can you tell me which building these African women who are practicing FGM "brought down"? Whom they've murdered? Can you specify whom it is they "hate"? That last is a real biggie, and I look forward to your input in the matter, since you do appear to be something of an expert where concerns hate.

The Jester, the Joker - who else could make such a sweepingly erroneous statement as "do it all in the name of the other 99%" - did you get that in writing from one of "them"? Or are you just making it up as you go along? There's a lot to be said for improv comedy... That's a lot like saying that Westboro Baptist "does it all in your name" - inaccurate as can be, but funny, all the same! Matter of fact, the inaccuracy is what makes it funny!

"Insane prophet and deity"? see, now that's unclear, which makes it funny. It looks as if you are calling both the deity and the prophet insane. Even funnier, I thought you didn't believe in deities, but now you must, because it looks like you just called one "insane". Can't be "insane" if it doesn't exist to begin with. And the "prophet" thing - calling him a "prophet" is an acknowledgement of the reality of the deity he prophesied for - otherwise, he wouldn't be a "prophet".

Evidently you don't regularly interact with any Muslims, or you'd KNOW the error in saying "they aren't calling for some huge holy war against that naughty 1% and prepared to defend their faith against their outrageous affronts on humanity", because, well, they ARE. Of course, if you DO realize that, it makes it all the more funny that you'd knowingly commit such an egregious error, compounded by saying "so can therefore be lumped in together with them. "

Yessir, you amuse me - my hat's off to ya! It's been a long while since I've seen such a string of palpable falsity rolled into such a succinct and funny post!

ETA: I just reviewed some of your other posts, and saw that you are really going for broke in the "comedy of errors" department. Stuff like this gem:

Stop it, just stop. You are basically trying to convince people who know the truth you are trying to lie about - to yourself and also others.

wherein you attempt to "educate" a Muslim about his own religion, as if you somehow magically know more about it than he, who lives it, does. Yessir, that's some funny stuff right there!

edit on 2014/7/27 by nenothtu because: needed to edit for an addition

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Now the one thing about this thread I noticed is the way everyone including the members who follow Islam act as if it is one monolithic religion. Just because you may follow one of the many sects does not mean that your branch is the final word on how the religion is followed. That is like saying a catholic is the same as a baptist
As for the FGM being part of African tradition that is being used by Islamist in Africa, yea that sounds plausible. But I don't think that it means it hasn't or won't be co-opted by a group such as ISIS. Lets face it groups like that do tend to have members from various regions and you never know what kind of things extremist will do till they do them. They are called extremist because their actions are extreme!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Women are not allowed pleasure in Muslim nations

That simply isn't so. I'm not even Muslim, and I can tell you that from first-hand experience.

Just.

Not.

So.

You seem to be confusing "African" with "Muslim".

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

What a huge load of absolute rubbish. None of your assumptions about me are correct and I have no idea why you are bothering with any of that since you are likely smart enough to know you are wrong.

If you think for one second that any religion is safe - you are part of the problem. All the gods ever invented by humans appear to have been insane - do you believe otherwise? Perhaps you do, or it might then call your own faith into question and we can't have that.

If not, maybe you just think I'm some evil little bigot on his couch, with no life with a racist and negative disposition? Think what you like, we will never meet for this to be proven true or otherwise.

Perhaps, then, you are simply offended by my lack of tact and delicacy. They are slicing off clitorises. I can't be tactful and don't care to be diplomatic or delicate about that.

The OP is trying to convince us all that his religion is all about peace no vag choppings. Fair enough. If it was my religion, I'd probably try to do the same.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You may want to read some of his past threads (the one about relationships) and you will see where he is coming from.

Personally I can't blame him he is being rightfully honorable.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You may want to read some of his past threads (the one about relationships) and you will see where he is coming from.

Oh, I don't blame him at all - I wish I could still be that way. If you or the member have personal insights that you think are helpful, feel free to message me with a link or two to where I should read what you're talking about.

It's just...can't anyone see that being polite to these people hasn't worked?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Funny how no women yell oh Allah when they come. You hear plenty of oh god but no oh Allah. Wonder why that is? Oh yeah because those women are not coming. Not even faking it.

Ummm... putting this as delicately as I possibly can, but just because YOU have never heard that doesn't mean that (ahem!) no one has...

Honestly, that is just an (erroneous) assumption on your part... an attempt at inflammatory and emotion-driven rhetoric...

... and entirely untrue.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The Name Of God In Different Languages Language Name of God AEolian.....................Ilos Arabic....................Allah Armorian.................Teuti Assyrian.................. Eleah Celtic......................Diu Chaldaic............. Eilah Cretan...................Thios Chinese..................Prussa Coromandel..............Brama Danish.....................Gut Dutch.....................Godt Egyptian (old).............Teut Egyptian (modern).........Teun English....................God Finch...................Jumala Flemish...................Goed French.....................Dieu German....................Gott German (old)...............Diet Greek...................Theos Gallic.......................Diu Hebrew...........Elohim, Eloha Hindoostanee..............Rain Japanese................Goezur Irish........................Dia Italian......................Dio Language Name of God Madagascar..... .......Zannar Malay.....................Alla Norwegian.................Gud Latin.....................Deus Low Latin.................Diex Low Breton................Done Lapp .................................. ................Jubinal Olalu Tongue..............Deu Old Saxon..................God Peruvian..........Puchecammae Persian....................Sire Pannonian..................Istu Polish.....................Bog Pollacca.................Bung Portuguese................Debs Provencal.................Diou Runic... ...................As Russian...................Bojh Spanish...................Dios Swedish...................Gut Slav....................Buch Swiss......................Gott Syriac....................Allah Tartar................Magatal Turkish..................Allah Zemblain................Fetizo Read more: chestofbooks.com...#ixzz38eHWKlsc

Here are more names that are being yelled out in different languages.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

a reply to: nenothtu

What a huge load of absolute rubbish.

great comeback! Git 'em, Tiger!

None of your assumptions about me are correct and I have no idea why you are bothering with any of that since you are likely smart enough to know you are wrong.

I made two assumptions:

1) either you knew you were blowing smoke up humanities's collective ass, or

2) You are entirely unaware of that.

One or the other MUST be true, so to be safe, I assumed both.

Either way, it was funny stuff!

If you think for one second that any religion is safe - you are part of the problem.

Sorry. Not all of us can stomach living in abject fear of stuff we know nothing about. The funnier ones, however, do try to convince people that they DO know something about it, which is a comedy routine all it's own to those who know better!

So then, I guess I AM part of the "problem". Meh. I'm not responsible to feed YOUR fears. Feed 'em yourself - you seem to be very good at it!

All the gods ever invented by humans appear to have been insane - do you believe otherwise? Perhaps you do, or it might then call your own faith into question and we can't have that.

See? Now that's what I call funny! How can something "invented" possess either sanity or INsanity? The funniest part is that you seem to be supremely unaware of the objective ludicrousness of your own statement!

I assure you, though, that no matter how ridiculous you can get in your pronouncements - and I'm sure we have yet to plumb the depths of your abilities there - you will never, ever "shake my faith".

If not, maybe you just think I'm some evil little bigot on his couch, with no life with a racist and negative disposition?

"Thou sayest".

Think what you like, we will never meet for this to be proven true or otherwise.

Rest assured that I will do precisely that, and think what I like, and feel no compulsion to gain your permission to do so. I would like to meet you someday, however - not to prove or disprove anything, but just to buy you a beer and see if you can relax a bit over a brew. Must be rough living that uptight, and in that much fear. Now, to be honest, I've faced off with some SERIOUSLY dangerous folk, as in "imminently going to kill me any second" kind of folk, and don't live in that much fear.

Relax, man - it's better for the heart! Get out and meet some of those scary people, and find out whether or not they're really as scary as your imagination dictates to you.

I have. Even married one of 'em. She hasn't beheaded me in my sleep yet, but I guess it's always possible. Just waiting to lull me into a false sense of security, eh? Forgive me if I fail to lose any sleep over the possibility.

Perhaps, then, you are simply offended by my lack of tact and delicacy.

huh? Nah. That's a day in, day out occurrence around my neck of the woods. Nothing special, so don't flatter yourself.

They are slicing off clitorises. I can't be tactful and don't care to be diplomatic or delicate about that.

Nor even accurate, it seems. Define "they", please.

The OP is trying to convince us all that his religion is all about peace no vag choppings. Fair enough. If it was my religion, I'd probably try to do the same.

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't, but I think you're the type of person that, if it were your religion, you'd at least try to have a clue about it, and how it functions.

Since it's not, though, I guess it isn't important for you to GET a clue about it. It's much more fun to spread falsehoods via comedy, isn't it?

Rock on, dude!

Islam is NOT about "peace"... but it's not about "vag choppings", either. When you get a clue, you'll know that.

Well, I mean IF you get a clue.

Until then, stay scared, my friend! Have a Dos Eqquis on me!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I am generally disgusted by reports that I hear concerning treatment of women by these backwater people. I think that generally Muslim women are treated like possessions and it's appalling. I can't identify with Muslims because they seem so absolutely different than me that it makes me very uncomfortable. However, not every Muslim acts this way. Religion isn't the "Devil." Though it appears the devil has you convinced it is. Perhaps you are being deceived. Maybe do some research other than believing our mass media.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Oh, I don't blame him at all - I wish I could still be that way. If you or the member have personal insights that you think are helpful, feel free to message me with a link or two to where I should read what you're talking about.

Your wish is my command (got that from one of those Muslim stories - catchy, huh?), so an explanatory U2U has been sent. I forgot to drop in a link to the thread thesaneone referred to, but it's easy enough to find by just going to my profile and looking down the list of threads to the one called "ATS Marriage Announcement". There aren't that many threads to go through to find it - I'm kinda slack that way.

It's just...can't anyone see that being polite to these people hasn't worked?

I find it just the other way 'round, but that's just me, probably. Maybe one day I'll tell you a story about why I'm even still breathing to be here, all because I was nice to a Muslim who thought it a good idea after that to knock me out of harm's way when he knew harm was coming. He wasn't even a particularly nice Muslim, as Muslims go, but maybe kinda nice as radicals go, I guess.

It could be a real page-turner!

They're a little bit like us hillbillies - do anything in the world they can FOR you, until you piss 'em off... then they'll do anything in the world they can TO you. But like I mentioned above re: "us hillbillies", that's not limited to just Muslims. It might even be mostly cultural, as most Arabs, regardless of their religion, tend towards excitability, but they usually don't mean anything by it, and are oddly able to get over it just as quickly as they get fired up. It seems to me to almost be a pastime, like dickering over price and quality in the bazaar will sometimes make you think they're going to go to blows until the price is settled upon.

Then again, there are Muslims in more cultures than just the Arabs, and each one of those cultures adds it's own peculiarities to some of the basic ones in Islam, which sometimes in the minds of the peasantry get merged and mixed. Clitorectomy is not one of the basic ones in Islam, but it's been incorporated from the African cultural customs into African versions of Islam. It's not a general thing in the Middle East.

Saudi prohibitions against women drivers is another of those cultural things that gets confused in some folks' minds with the religion - that's not general or universal in Islam, either. It's Saudi, and only incidental in some other places because no one can really afford a car to drive.

I'm rambling. I should hit the switch and go to recharge myself right about now.

edit on 2014/7/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere
there were plenty of things that ran contradictory to Islam happening in Afghanistan in the name of Allah also!!
with similar remarks about how it wasn't within the religious doctrines.

And to be fair....
there can be some outrageous things done by some christian sects also.

We should all be aware that our gov't and media give us tainted information to further their agendas.

But we should also be aware that the holy books can and sometimes are interpreted to justify some really unholy acts.

--------------

AutumnWitch657
just what do you propose we do??
we have too many fronts in our war on terror now and our troops have been overextended far too much!
not to mention we have spent far too much money as it is and seem to have made matters worse.
I mean one thing I am rather certain of is that these lunatics wouldn't be having free reign in Iraq if Saddam was still in charge!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

I am generally disgusted by reports that I hear concerning treatment of women by these backwater people. I think that generally Muslim women are treated like possessions and it's appalling. I can't identify with Muslims because they seem so absolutely different than me that it makes me very uncomfortable. However, not every Muslim acts this way. Religion isn't the "Devil." Though it appears the devil has you convinced it is. Perhaps you are being deceived. Maybe do some research other than believing our mass media.

Please, don't bother. While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm rather well educated on the subject. I am fascinated by religion and it is actually a field of mine. I'm never-the-less repulsed by it on a social level and study it only as a means to maintain interest in my main field.

I must mention to you that telling me that the devil has me convinced of anything - let alone that religion is evil - isn't at all true. I have convinced myself of it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join