It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, ISIS Isn’t Ordering Female Genital Mutilation In Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

Quite, any form of circumcision is just a barbaric custom and, for the most part, unnecessary. An argument can be made for males in a few cases, for health reasons, but for "religious" reasons it makes no sense. What's even more bizarre, in the USA especially, is that male circumcision is practiced outside of religious groups (non-Jewish or Muslim) because of some mistaken belief it "improves" the penis.

As for FGM, it isn't an Islamic thing, it's an African thing. Almost exclusively carried out in sub-saharan/North Africa and was present long before the arrival of Islam.

I do find it curious that both sets of genital mutilation stem from these dry, arid regions. Maybe in the past it was done for health reasons (much like the whole no Shellfish/Pork in the diet seen in the same places - these foods don't keep in heat so go bad and make you ill) - perhaps "sand in the vagina" was a real problem?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Oh, I'm pretty sure anything goes in islam.

what does that even mean ?

i am listening ?

since you seem to know about Islam and you cant seem to back anything you say up with fact .

please explain "anything goes "?

What more must I know to understand this 'religion of peace'?

Peace, my hairy sacks.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

however i am here to deny ignorance and urge members of ATS to really research before stepping in the Bull#$%^

I posted that thread.

Can I just say that I didn't make the thread based on some flimsy rumour, that 'news' was posted on several news sources about a statement made by the UN. So, you too should practice 'denying ignorance' more often, and not assume ATS members are posting fantasy stories they've just overheard in a whisper. You really do have a low opinion of ATS members.

And who says it's not true? The honest and saintly ISIS? Or the terrified and oppressed citizens and communities who will probably say what they're told to say for fear of torturous reprisals? How do you know for sure that these denials aren't more lies?

It seems to me that any 'reliable' sources aren't really that reliable. We're just told they are, and therefore we believe it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Can't answer that question can you? No it's not forbidden and in fact every article you present contains a statement that this CAN be done and then says something like if it causes no harm. HA! Causes no harm. I'll say that again so it sinks in. Ok as long as it causes no harm. So what part of cutting even part of the clitoris or removing the labia won't cause harm? Any act where any part of the vagina is removed IS CAUSING HARM. It interferes with a woman's ability to respond sexually. As long as a razor is being applied to any woman it's barbaric. Why don't you get that'? You don't have to answer about your wife of course. That's personal. However you need to seriously consider what you claim and what reality is in regards to these other women and admit that although it's not mandatory which I never claimed, it is the agreed upon tradition and it is done world wide by Muslims.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
And in fact they merely endure sex. They do not enjoy it. This was done so that they would have no sexual desires. a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

this is completely false .

my wife is Muslim and we have a great time ..just saying ..

where is your fact ?

Did your wife have her vag cut to pieces? If so, I'd be willing to bet that she thinks the sex sucks.

When I read the OP I gave them a rare benefit of doubt, after the replies since I am now convinced the author of this thread cannot tell a lie from the truth or his face from his arsehole.

what a completely rude ignorant statement , how dare you !

how much information do i need to present ?

i have provided you with information , that female mutilation is forbidden in Islam , and yet you chose to bask in ignorance .

enlighten your self .

en.wikipedia.org...

the FACTS i presented are Facts and rulings .

female mutilation is completely wrong and disgusting ..

i am Muslim and my wife is to , i would never ever make her do something like that ..

Stop it, just stop. You are basically trying to convince people who know the truth you are trying to lie about - to yourself and also others.

As you can see, it isn't working and I doubt that it ever will again. The lies and deceit of all religions are being turned into traditions only but let's hope they don't eventually morph into something this sinister again.

edit on 26-7-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Plenty of non-Muslim Africans undergo FGM - like I said above, it isn't an exclusively Islamic thing but does appear to be (almost) exclusively African - like the Burkha, it seems a pre-Islamic tradition has been co-opted rather than it being something specific to Islam.

Of course, you are aware that Coptic Christians and some sects of Judaism practice FGM as well?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Quite frankly nothing can surprise me about any religion - they're all detrimental to our world. I wonder why this female genital mutilation occurs as you say it does, in the place it does.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Sand....?

Like many "traditions" (as I alluded to previously) many were based in some sort of logical sense - such as the Shellfish/pork thing I mentioned before - but I am struggling to see what would prompt someone to want to mutilate their ladies genitals.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I am not sure why you think you are justified to be such a loudmouth.

Your only argument seems to be, "Islam bad".

I don't really see what the OP did wrong to deserve this.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your perspective on this issue. In an attempt to deny ignorance, I can understand where culture perspective is more applicable rather than religion. That certainly explains how so many interpretations, thus variances branch off from the initial mainstream religious doctrines.

In reading through this thread, I could not help but correlate the many global cultural mutilations that are undertaken, and always seem acceptable to those individual cultures but seem hideous to outsiders. Myself, I can't understand plastic surgery simply for cosmetic reasons! Piercings were mentioned and an acquaintance of mine explained to me that she was even more sensitive and could reach orgasm quicker due to such a piercing!

Personally, I am very much a natural kind of girl. I have no intention of changing myself. I do think that when it comes to the thought of forced mutilation, it would cause anyone to be emotionally outraged. That is why such a story of such would go viral. I agree that this story about ISIS forcing women to undergo such a procedure would most likely be counter to even their extremist cultural religious views. Thus, defeating any current sway they have over their own radical group within ISIS.

If I am still not understanding this issue, let me know.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The only reason they would commit such a barbaric act is to cause pain, anguish and remove a source of sexual pleasure. Heaven forbid a muslim woman should ever enjoy sex.

Women are basically cattle in much of that world. I am sure many modern Muslins would disagree with me, but that is the way it is outside of what we would consider more modern cities.

edit on 26-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

do you really think woman are not allowed pleasure in Islam ?

Why else would this act be done? In Africa they are Muslin that do this... don't forget that. Also, even if it is a choice, it is one that the woman really doesn't have a choice in the end. If they choose not to then their family and village will all ostracize them, so what choice do they have?

personally speaking i haven't noticed a difference since i became Muslim , same old song and dance if you know what i mean .

You are a modern person, you do not have a husband that rules over you, you do not have a husband that looks to you as his third form of sexual pleasure.... I'm sure where you live you would not be convicted of enticing a married man if he raped you. They can't have a bunch of horny women running around enticing married men to rape them, so they can just stop all that craziness by cutting off their sexual pleasure area.

Islam is an Abrahamic religion but geez dude the sex is up to date i can assure you that

Depends..... Much of that world over there also has a culturally sanctioned form of male rape, so it is not all about the atrocities on women either.

edit on 26-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Sand....?

Like many "traditions" (as I alluded to previously) many were based in some sort of logical sense - such as the Shellfish/pork thing I mentioned before - but I am struggling to see what would prompt someone to want to mutilate their ladies genitals.

In many of the ancient religions it was and in some cases still is believed that there is magical power in the orgasm. See sex magic for a current system of belief. This was even in the earliest forms of the kabalah. Men did not want women to have this power. Also since this practice kept women from orgasm it curbed the chance she would cheat and almost 100% guaranteed that she would be virgin when she married.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Also since this practice kept women from orgasm it curbed the chance she would cheat and almost 100% guaranteed that she would be virgin when she married.

Yep. And that also makes her more worthy of a bigger dowry upon marriage.

edit on 26-7-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll
Really? I thought that was determined by her families wealth. Since supposedly they were all virgins. Live and learn. Doweries always seemed like the family paying to have their daughter taken off their hands. LOL.
My father would have paid a fortune if the custom had survived in the western world.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I was simply just trying to be funny - it didn't seem to work...

But actually, despite claims it "heightens" the male experience, it does anything but. You're snipping off a good % of the nerve endings in the penis by circumcising - proponents of male circumcision will claim otherwise, but how would they know?

Anyhoo, the reason I asked what it seems a little hypocritical to rant against Female circumcision, which is a good thing to rant about, but seem to accept male circumcision almost nonchalantly.

Surely the mutilation of anyone's genitals is a bad thing?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join