It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, ISIS Isn’t Ordering Female Genital Mutilation In Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Firstly, i would like to state that in no way am i defending the ISIS , they are a group of sick misguided Muslims.

however i am here to deny ignorance and urge members of ATS to really research before stepping in the Bull#$%^

secondly,lets look at the ruling on female circumcision .

*WARNINNG * THE FALLOWING TEXT MAY BE GRAPHIC TO SOME.

I would like to know more about female circumcision in Islam. I have read the ahadith where the Prophet told a woman how to perform it. I would like to know if it is optional or obligatory, and - if it is obligatory - whether there is a certain way to do it (what part should be cut?).
Praise be to Allah.
Ibn Qudamah (may Allah have mercy on him) said, in his book al-Mughni: "Circumcision is obligatory for men, and it is an honour for women, but it is not obligatory for them. This is the opinion of many scholars. (Imam) Ahmad said: For men it is more strictly required, but for women it is less strictly required." (al-Mughni 1/70).

Circumcision of the female consists of the removal of a part of the clitoris, which is situated above the opening of the urethra. The Sunnah is not to remove all of it, but only a part. (al-Mawsu‘ah al-Fiqhiyyah 19/28).

In this matter, it is wise to follow the interests of the female: if the clitoris is large, then part of it should be removed, otherwise it should be left alone. This size of the clitoris will vary from woman to woman, and there may be differences between those from hot climates and those from cold climates.

A hadith on the topic of female circumcision has been attributed to the Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon Him), according to which he said: "Circumcision is a Sunnah for men, and an honour for women," but there is some debate as to the authenticity of this hadith. See Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Da‘ifah by al-Albani, no. 1935.

How circumcision is to be performed is mentioned in the hadith narrated by Umm ‘Atiyah, may Allah be pleased with her, according to which a woman used to perform circumcisions in Madinah. The Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon Him) told her: "Do not abuse (i.e. do not go to extremes in circumcising); that is better for the woman and more liked by her husband." (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Kitab al-Adab; he said this hadith is da‘if).

Ha·dith
həˈdēTH/
noun
a collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad that, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran.
one of the sayings from the Hadith.

OK , so here we have a Hadith that has not been classed as "strong" meaning it cant be traced back to confirm its authenticity.
in the time of the prophet Muhammad ( peace and blessings be upon him) people loved him so much that they often wrote scribed
things about him that were made up .

example their is a hadith that talks about the prophet (pbuh) putting his thumb up to the moon and moving the moon with his thumb.
this is obviously a "weak" hadith and has been classed ass such.

and because of " weak hadith" and misinterpretation fallowed by innovation we have the birth of "extremism" in Islam. There is other factors involved as well ,but ill save that for another thread .

after researching the rulings of "female circumcision in islam " it is clear to me and agreed upon that it should not be practiced unless otherwise proven as a "strong" hadith , or by the choice of the woman ,and finally as a medical need .

moving forward.

i dont believe the ISIS has ordered such ruling .

here is why ..

Given the brutality seen so far from the militant group known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS), it’s easy to believe any act attributed to them must be true. But a United Nations officials’ statement on the group ordering female genital mutilation in one Iraqi city under their control seems to be less than accurate.
The story began on Thursday when the U.N.’s second senior most official, Jacqueline Badcock, told reporters of a new religious edict issued in ISIS’ name. The edict — or fatwa — ordered all girls and women in the city of Mosul between the ages of 11 and 46 to undergo female genital mutilation, Badcock told reporters in a teleconference from Iraq. “This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed,” Badcock, who serves as the U.N. humanitarian aid coordinator in Iraq, said.
“This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists,” she added. The result of such an order, she said, could be up to four million Iraqi girls and women in and around Iraq’s second largest city being forced to undergo the painful procedure. Aside from the initial suffering, the process often leads to a multitude of health problems “including severe bleeding, problems urinating, infections, infertility and increased risk of newborn deaths in childbirth.”
The story quickly began to go viral, racking up hundreds of shares on social media. Soon thereafter, however, journalists with contacts in Iraq began reporting that the story didn’t hold up. “My contacts in #Mosul have NOT heard that ‘Islamic State’ ordered FGM for all females in their city,” Jenan Moussa, a reporter with Al Anan TV tweet out. “Iraqi contacts say #Mosul story is fake,” echoed freelance writer Shaista Aziz, adding: “Iraqi contact on #FGM story: “ISIS are responsible for many horrors, this story is fake and plays to western audience emotions.’”
NPR’s Cairo bureau chief also claimed that the story was false, tweeting “#UN statement that #ISIS issued fatwa calling 4 FGM 4 girls is false residents of Mosul say including a doctor, journalist and tribal leader.” Not long after a version of a document in Arabic, bearing the black logo that ISIS has adopted, began circulating on Twitter. The document, those who shared it said, is a hoax and the basis for the United Nations’ claim.
As one analyst who looked at the document told the Independent, the issuing of such an edict would be a huge shift for ISIS, which has held territory in Syria for months without demanding that FGM take place. The practice tends to be based more on culture, Shiraz Maher, a Senior Fellow at King’s College London, said and “not something jihadists have ever really taken up” or “spoken about.” ThinkProgress reached out to the United Nations for comment on the discrepancy, but did not receive a response as of press time.
The traction that this story seemed to quickly gain is easy to understand given ISIS’ previous actions in the territory it controls. Along with reports of civilian executions, massacring Shiites, and enforcing a strict adherence to their interpretation of Islamic law, ISIS has even resurrected the practice of crucifixion in Syria. But for now it appears that female cutting is

in closing .

i after all my years of research on Islam and Extremist groups . i feel that this story was indeed made up .
it just does not fit the bill .even for extremist .
link
link

edit on 0112023171172th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for denying ignorance.
Whether true or not it would not surprise me one bit since this "new" terror group is coming straight out of hell.

I still feel ISIS is capable of anything.
It's just a shame that they associate themselves with Islam.
If that's islam, I'm not a Muslim, because they are certainly not practicing my religion.

How scary is that trailer from Vice News ?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.who.int...

Procedures are mostly carried out on young girls sometime between infancy and age 15, and occasionally on adult women. In Africa, more than three million girls have been estimated to be at risk for FGM annually.

Are you going to tell me that these young ladies had a choice?

I doubt isis is kind to their woman.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

i have not watched your video yet , however i will say that i am with you on the fact that indeed this group is scary .
the truth is they are such a new group and this makes it hard to know their foundation

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
www.who.int...

Procedures are mostly carried out on young girls sometime between infancy and age 15, and occasionally on adult women. In Africa, more than three million girls have been estimated to be at risk for FGM annually.

Are you going to tell me that these young ladies had a choice?

I doubt isis is kind to their woman.

ill tell you that i have no knowledge on what happens in Africa , i dont know if that is a cultural thing . because its certainly not something that should be practiced in Islam .

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Do you honestly believe that since the 'order' isn't official, they won't and aren't doing it?

The only reason they would commit such a barbaric act is to cause pain, anguish and remove a source of sexual pleasure. Heaven forbid a muslim woman should ever enjoy sex.

There's a good reason nobody is surprised when they're told a religious person thinks it's an awesome idea to slice up somebody else's sexual organs.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
Do you honestly believe that since the 'order' isn't official, they won't and aren't doing it?

The only reason they would commit such a barbaric act is to cause pain, anguish and remove a source of sexual pleasure. Heaven forbid a muslim woman should ever enjoy sex.

There's a good reason nobody is surprised when they're told a religious person thinks it's an awesome idea to slice up somebody else's sexual organs.

this is your innovation.

do you really think woman are not allowed pleasure in Islam ?

personally speaking i haven't noticed a difference since i became Muslim , same old song and dance if you know what i mean .

i have proven that the act of "mutilation" as you put it , should not be practiced.

and it would be by choice of the woman if she felt the need to have something done .

any man forcing his wife into something like that should have his balls cut off ....

Islam is an Abrahamic religion but geez dude the sex is up to date i can assure you that

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You are correct. It matters not who orders it it is a cultural tradition that predates even the Muslim religion of Islam. There is a movement in Europe to end the tradition but families still send there daughters away to have the mutilation preformed. They refer to it as removing dirt. One woman said during this horrific procedures remove the entire clitoris what good is it? This was designed to keep girls chaste and to offer proof of purity to the husband. . No matter what we need to stand up and tell these women that this is not necessary. That it is dangerous that it can render a woman barren. We need to give our voices to the poor girls who don't understand what is going to happen to them. We need to frocking shout it from the rooftops to stop it. I just read a few accounts from women who have had this done and I am shedding tears for them. This has me totally outraged. I need to know what I can personally do. I feel very strongly that I must take some kind of action.

y reply to: thesaneone

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Quick question, do you preach like this in front of the males at your mosque?
If yes what reaction do you recieve?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And in fact they merely endure sex. They do not enjoy it. This was done so that they would have no sexual desires. a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

It is sad that the mothers of these young girls are so brainwashed that they themselves have forgotten the pain they are about to inflict on their own daughters.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

this is your innovation.

do you really think woman are not allowed pleasure in Islam ?

personally speaking i haven't noticed a difference since i became Muslim , same old song and dance if you know what i mean .

i have proven that the act of "mutilation" as you put it , should not be practiced.

and it would be by choice of the woman if she felt the need to have something done .

any man forcing his wife into something like that should have his balls cut off ....

Islam is an Abrahamic religion but geez dude the sex is up to date i can assure you that

Look, I can sympathize with you to a certain extent.

I've read enough from the perspective of people who have been or are Muslims to know that there are a lot of things that *should not* be done in Islam that are nonetheless.

You'll need to be prepared for the fact that it's a human failing to use religion for the power it gives, and there are many, many different ways a religious text and the writings around it can be interpreted. We see it with Christianity all the time. And just because a thing *shouldn't* be happening in the name of your religion doesn't mean that it *isn't* happening.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Quick question, do you preach like this in front of the males at your mosque?
If yes what reaction do you recieve?

i don't "preach" at the masjid (mosgue)

i am still very much a student of Islalm.

but on a personal level i have had conversations about such topics .
the quran talks about sex and even how to have sex , what i permissible and what is not . ect ect

so yes we talk about such things .

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Women are not allowed pleasure in Muslim nations whether it's Islam or not this is a deep set tradition that occur every day throughout Africa and it is designed solely to remove sexual pleasure from the woman. You can choose to be blind but that doesn't change a blasted thing

. e reply to: LightningStrikesHere

edit on PMu31u0773037312014-07-25T15:37:57-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on PM000000310000000773038312014-07-25T15:38:34-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
And in fact they merely endure sex. They do not enjoy it. This was done so that they would have no sexual desires. a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

this is completely false .

my wife is Muslim and we have a great time ..just saying ..

where is your fact ?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sorry not to be off topic but.. How to have sex? Lol.

Did you not know how to have sex before you converted?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm crying like a baby right now I am so angry. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING AND WE HAVE TO START RIGHT AWAY

reply to: thesaneone

edit on PM000000310000000773043312014-07-25T15:43:36-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Sadly there is not much we can do other then keep people aware of this barbaric ritual.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What's permissible and what is not should be up to the parties involved and no one else PERIOD.

A reply to: LightningStrikesHere

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No I'm going to find something some group something I cannot just stand by and let this continue I just cannot. a reply to: thesaneone

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join