It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a believer? Video might make you wonder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Interesting UFO video from the Mt. Adams region.

Do you beleive?

By Dan Tilkin and KATU Web Staff
Trout Lake, Wash. - Mount Adams has become a hotbed for UFO believers who claim to have witnessed extraterrestrial travel there night after night.

www.katu.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Not much there for reference.... We've got a video of lights going up, flaring up, then diminishing. The erratic movement seems more the movement of the camera than the object. Looks more like a multistage rocket going up to me perhaps...maybe launch of a military satellite? There are military bases in the Cascades...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hey I live pretty near there in Oregon!
Maybe a winter family trip to Mt Adams is in order!

I know of no Military bases anywhere near Mt Adams.
The nearest bases I can think if is Fort Lewis, or McChord AFB.
I worked at McChord AFB for 1 year in their Comm Center, before I retired.

Neither base is a test launch site, and neither one is near Mt Adams.
Unless its one of them "secret" Military bases, without roads going to it, and without any fences around it. Maybe they have to fly in by Black Helicopter only.
Might be interesting just to drive around there and look in the sky.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by kdx175]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If the light in question was indeed spacebound, then you'd be able to see it there likely from many bases. I live on the West coast of Fl, yet I can see launches from the Cape fairly often....

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There is no launches from the 2 bases Fort Lewis, or McChord.
None.
They don't do them, there is no Satellite facility.
Name the base launching them please.

Mt Adams, and Trout Lake are half way across the state from these both these bases, even if they were launching something, it would be obvious to see if it was coming from the Mt Adams, or from the west side of the state.
If they were launching something it would be on the news, because these bases are inside and part of large Washington citys. It would rumble the citys and people would see it.
They don't.

It is interesting you want to discredit this report on Trout Lake, even with your limited info of the surrounding area you seem so sure about things.
Is this a natural trait of yours, or is this just part of being a dis-info agent?

Xon

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think if you really want to see a UFO you see one. Your almoste like dream and it all is a kind of fantacy. It is hard to me to explain since my english sux, but I belive that the true belivers have seen Ufo's but only inn their heads or Ufo made by human

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes ,
I believe people will see what they want to see in things.

I also believe there is such a thing as indisputable proof.

Somewhere in the middle is what we get.

I didn't really see any real good proof of anything on the video he linked, but being present at the event is something different.

If I were to see some lights in the sky darting in diferent directions not possible by our laws of pyhsics, and other witnesses were there with me and witnessed it.
Or even better a daytime sighting, where you can actually see the craft performing these maneuvars. I would call this indisputable proof of a true "UFO" Unidentified Flying Object that we cannot explain.

If I were to see alien bodies at a crash site, or aliens abducted me during the day while awake, or they landed and greeted me at the landing site, and I had witnesses with me that saw the same thing, I would call that proof of ET and aliens.

Notice I do not claim that 1 person witnessing is good enough, or that being abducted while asleep is good enough. People can dream an abduction. People can imagine during waking hours, or have a brain abnormality event that can seem real. But witnesses to back it up shows proof.
The chances of 2 or more people having the exact same delusion at the exact same time are too astronomical.

An object flying at Mach10 and stopping immediately and them moving off at Mach10 in another direction is way beyond normal flying craft capabilities. And has never been explained or de-bunked to my knowledge.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There was an episode on "JAG" the tv show once where Bud had a picture of what he thought was a UFO similar to the video shown above. It turned out to be the afterburners of an F-14 Tomcat at night. Of course the engines (afterburners) of the Tomcat don't usually dissapear and then reapear.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We've had some other contact/stuff from Gilliland and it's got the same problems: weird, out of focus video, no references (in spite of technology that would make it possible to do these references), just out of focus lights.

What's really needed in a ufo photo/video (because there have been SO many hoaxes) is a good shot from two simultaneous cameras, with enough information/scenery in the picture to give a good frame of reference. Digital cameras and videos nowadays have good enough "night vision" that you can make out clear reference points.

There's other reasons that I'm suspicious of Gilliland's stuff, but that has to do with psychology and not pictures. For now, I'll simply say that the videos could be duplicated and there's nothing terribly convincing about them.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It is interesting you want to discredit this report on Trout Lake, even with your limited info of the surrounding area you seem so sure about things.
Is this a natural trait of yours, or is this just part of being a dis-info agent?

Merely pointing out things to consider....and stating what it "looks" like. Trying to eliminate the mundane before leaping to the fantastic.

First, I AM a believer. However, I've seen enough fraud in the field to know to look for a "normal" explanation and eliminating those variables first. With no reference, all we've got is a light in the sky, a flare up, then fading. A hot air balloon would also fit this, with the flare up being an ignition for more altitude, and then the light from the burner fading as vantage progressed. However, from the witness testimony, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Again, not discrediting it out of hand, but you've got to eliminate the other explanations before making the leap from light in the sky to interplanetary vehicle.....

EDIT: Something I have found, is that there are QUITE a few missile silos in Washington state...indeed, many decommissioned ones are sold as real estate there....

www.komotv.com...

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Again, not discrediting it out of hand, but you've got to eliminate the other explanations before making the leap from light in the sky to interplanetary vehicle.....

Understandable, and I'm not attacking you, I just know the area pretty well.
Any yes, the video is NOT very convincing.

Something I have found, is that there are QUITE a few missile silos in Washington state...indeed, many decommissioned ones are sold as real estate there..

Thats interesting, but if there's an active missile silo on Mt Adams I'll eat my hat.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thats interesting, but if there's an active missile silo on Mt Adams I'll eat my hat.

Well, could be near it...
I believe the one I showed as for sale is fairly near the area (though just an assumption based on county name....)

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
James Gilliland's website is;

www.eceti.org...

Pictures and video are availible on that site, along with eyewitness testimonies.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh boy...another mountain man who talks to nice aliens....
Prime candidate for membership into the Meier/Adamski/Walters club...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The only really convincing UFO evidence I have ever seen are the NASA tapes from the 90s. The STS-75 'Tether Incident' is absolutely incredible and undeniable evidence of the existence of UFOs in my mind. Everyone must see them...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I love Mt. Adams! It really does have a sense of spirit about it. But I seriously doubt those are aliens. There is a lot more air traffic around there than you would think (Seattle-Portland, Portland-Spokane, Portland-Yakima, Portland-TriCities). Mt Adams is directly east of Mt St. Helens and between those two mountains is some very rugged, spooky, and unpopulated land...that I would not want to get lost in. I can see why Bigfoot is a very real possibility in that area.

I've talked to a lot of Yakamas who are the native americans in the area and they don't buy much into the lights (this was the 1970s), but they do buy into the "forest giants".

Sounds like a fun place to camp out at for a weekend trip (and probably the real reason this guy is promoting the UFO schtick...so he can pull in tourists).

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
We've had some other contact/stuff from Gilliland and it's got the same problems: weird, out of focus video, no references (in spite of technology that would make it possible to do these references), just out of focus lights.

What's really needed in a ufo photo/video (because there have been SO many hoaxes) is a good shot from two simultaneous cameras, with enough information/scenery in the picture to give a good frame of reference. Digital cameras and videos nowadays have good enough "night vision" that you can make out clear reference points.

There's other reasons that I'm suspicious of Gilliland's stuff, but that has to do with psychology and not pictures. For now, I'll simply say that the videos could be duplicated and there's nothing terribly convincing about them.

Youre refering to his whole New Age/ Alien space bothers channeling song and dance. And I agree.

Trout lake is home to legit and serious UFO sightings. Have some pictures taken from ordinary people of strange things.

But I agree, thres nothing spectacular about the images, just nondescript lights that dont seem to be doing much to impress.

This guy to me, who seems to have many sightings and contacts he has filmed and photographed, is a little too reminiscent of Billy Meier, right down to alines choosing him to contact, channled messages, ect.

Its a neverending source of frustration: the new Agers casting a ridiculous, corny shadow of serious UFO study and research.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Oh boy...another mountain man who talks to nice aliens....
Prime candidate for membership into the Meier/Adamski/Walters club...

Uh-huh.Your bias towards 'contactees' is duly noted.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
well I am flabergasted.......BECAUSE I saw something on that videa I have seen before and it gave me the creeps when I saw it.................never have I seen it since or really heard/read anybody else describe what I saw in the night sky....but THIS Cosmic Jim had it ON VIDEO!

I saw a large triangle of lights....PERFECT triangle......very large it seamed....and in between the points of lights SOMETHING blacked out the night sky.......the 3 light points moved perfectly together like they were on the edges of some triangle craft of SOME kind.............
I saw this in the night skys over Green River Utah in 1996.......in August. I wrote about it in my diarey...... I reacall this vividly.

Seeing the little flash bit of it on Cosmic Jims video was really something for me......
.........he called it a triangle 'something' as well........Soooooo since I myself have seen something of the likes that he has caught on video I BELIEVE this guy all the way.....I dont think he is haoxing anything......thats the real deal for sure NO doubt.

new topics

top topics

join