It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Earliest Memory?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

My first memory was when I ran out of the house in front of my mom, running for my mom's white car. She was shouting at me to slow down. I saw the car, then I hit the pavement, face first, end of memory, like I blacked out.

Later told to me when I brought it up to my mom, age 8 or so, she was suprised. The car was a white 1978 VW rabbit, the year was 1980. How do we know that? I have pictures of the scabs and scarring on my face, with the date Halloween 1980 on the back of the picture.. In the photo I am dressed up as Yoda, burlap sack, wearing the mask on top of my head, smiling. I was born November 9, 1979. So, 10-11 months old was my first memory, somewhat a traumatic one, but I do not remember pain, just running, shouting, the white car, falling, and then the blackout.

edit on 25-7-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I remember before I was born....

Memories of the womb

Freaky or what?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Freaking out at the sight of THE BIGGEST bee I had ever seen! I mean, it was truly terrifying.

I was two'ish, it was really a caterpillar.

ETA: not sure if this is really my first memory, but it was the first memorable thing to jump to mind
edit on 25-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My earliest memory ( I was 2yrs old) is of being in a stroller in an empty room and my oldest brother pushing the stroller very fast towards a window and my arm going through it and cutting me and there being so much blood. Then I remember the towel my mom wrapped around it to stop the bleeding. I still have the scar 58yrs later.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The earliest memory for me is that I remember sitting on a washer outside of the apartment building and my mother was taking the clothes out of the dryer. She couldn't have been far but she wasn't close to me either, I remember telling myself, "What would happen if you jumped (or scooted yourself off)". As a young child I remember that I was terrified because the distance from where I was sitting to the ground seemed very high. I was curious to know what would exactly happen but I was terrified because I knew I was probably going to get hurt if I did it. I must have been about 10 months old because I couldn't talk nor could I walk. My personality is still somewhat like that till today, I want to push myself to do something scary but I'm cautious at the same time. The odd thing is that the earliest memory I have is with my mother and the last time I saw her was when I was 5. I always wanted to know what she was like and how she was as a mother, I guess my psyche goes back to this memory because of that.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I was in a baby walker. My mom had the door open, but she had failed to put the baby gate up. I saw my opportunity to make a break. I ran for the door in my walker. I didn't realize we were on the second floor of an apartment. I bounced of the railing, tipped over on my side, and rolled down a flight of steps. I remember crying, but I don't believe I was hurt too bad.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My very first memory was of catching and eating a live cricket crawling on the ground near me. I know... ew... But it tasted great to me at the time. My next memory was of my mother gagging and trying to clean my mouth out. I was terrified then and cried myself to sleep.... I was almost 3.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I was still crawling around, not on my feet yet. Under the kitchen table as pans were flyin' around. Aimed at my Dad, by my furious mom. Years later I found that She had just found out he was cheating on her! Hey it happens, Right?! Syx.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The earliest memory I have is at 11 months old. My grandfather got me a life size doll for Christmas, at the time it was bigger than I was. However, I was more interested in the box and played in that thing all day. When my dad took out the garbage (wrapping paper, boxes etc) I started crying and screaming for him to give the box back to me, lol. I have pictures of me playing inside of that box and clearly remember it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I remember boxes being really interesting. I think it's the human mind trying to create a home even at an early age.

Every box was a fort. Every blanket was a shield.

Now they are just boxes and blankets. Damn, need to get that excitement back.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My earliest memory: I was with my Mom -- she worked as a typist in a research foundation -- and one of the guys that worked at the place had a model airplane -- a bomber -- that had a hook on the top so it could be spun around. He hooked some twine to the plane and tied the twine to a beam in the top of the building. he gave it a shove and it circled around the office. The model was heavy and painted black. I loved that plane. I was a two weeks shy of my fourth birthday. I was given the plane and I still have it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

owns his own business

it was a rocky ride but hes where he wants to be now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join