Your Earliest Memory?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What is your earliest memory?
Mine is suddenly being aware I was sitting at the kitchen table eating chicken soup. I seem to come to as if I'd been asleep and was suddenly awake. And I knew very much what chicken soup was. I was 3, maybe 4 years old.
Weird, huh?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Pain. The most intense pain i had ever felt, and hope to never feel again.

What had happened is that i had climbed up the tailgate of a trailer in order to see what was in it. It was later determined that the latch wasn't fully locked, because the gate came open, slamming my head into the concrete driveway, busting the back of my head open like a watermelon. My right foot had gotten trapped between the bumper and the tailgate, and my leg twisted, causing a green break (twisting fracture) from 1/2" above my knee to 1" below my hip.

Due to the extensive trauma to the back of my skull, the broken leg wasn't discovered till much later. I spent the next 9 months in a traction rig and body cast.

I was 1 1/2 years old, and just learned how to climb.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My earliest memory was falling from the sky for 30 meters.
Suddenly I was in this body, on a ladder in our old garden.
I was 1-3 years old.

I had no memory compatible to my way of thinking at that time, and thought:
I know nothing about this world, I have to train anything that might be trainable with no wasted movement or delay.

As I lacked data - what I trained was jumping from higher places and created endless thought systems about mechanisms non existent in reality.

Actually I had forgotten about the feeling of the fall when I was 15. But I worked hard from the start to keep this important information accurately.

I was given the choice to become manipulated and social or keep a clean mind. Trying both didn't work, as I already knew before, so over 15 years I worked on understanding and simulating the human mind and succeeded to have both "autism" and being social.
edit on 25-7-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

ooh, nasty. how's yer head and leg now?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Mine was when I was a toddler or 2-3 maybe. My dad went to pick me up and I didnt know how to really speak and tell him no I'm going to throw up. So I cried and I remember my mom telling him not to pick me up so fast and boom, I threw up in his hair and on his shoulder.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NotAConsumer

ooh, nasty. how is he now?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy
i walk with slight limp, and have bouts of headaches and short term memory loss.

That incident was an omen. Since then i have broken many fingers, toes, a few ribs, collarbone, rt arm twice, both shoulders, my back in 3 places, and my neck once. My nose was broken at least 3 times, but it was someone else that did that for me.

All incidents were pretty evenly spaced out over the years tho, so i had time to recuperate from one injury before getting another, lol.

Sorry for the drift in topic.

edit on 25-7-2014 by occrest because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Mine must have been very early, before the age of one.

I remember not being able to walk and feeling very wobbly and pushing myself up on hands to get better view in crib. Saw my dad in hallway and remember thinking complete sentences but being unable to speak, all that came out was babble. Very bizarre. He heard me and came in and picked me up and took me to living room.

Goes to show children are cognizant of what is happening even if they haven't begun to speak yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have a couple of early memories:

One was some memories of a trip to the zoo. I remember my parents trying to get me to see a snake (boa probably) in a tree over my stroller, but I don't remember seeing it. And I remember all the goldfish in the pond. It looked like the water was just goldfish to me.

I also remember being a wading pool and seeing a wasp crawling in the wet. I remember thinking "It won't mind if I just touch it a little ..." Then, it stung me because I tried to touch it's wings.

I don't know exactly when the first memories took place, but the second were somewhere around my 2nd/3rd year. I have lots of early memories of my 3rd year though. Memories of playing with toys, my dad, my mom, the older kids next door, my babysitters ...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That is a good memory to have. Now go get the stuff and make yourself some Chicken soup, you are going to catch something now that you opened your mouth about Chicken soup.

My earliest memory is that of seeing my dad's bear head on the wall. I was small and he lifted me up so I could pet it. He had just got it back from the taxidermist. I don't know when that was, I suppose I could go look at the tag on the ear of the bear head to find out. That bear almost killed him, he never hunted bear after that.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I remember seeing an older kid hitting another kid with a brick and all the blood. Then my mother running to help the kid that was bleeding. It had to be preschool. I would ask my mom but we do not speak anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I remember as an infant, being in a landscape of what appeared to be giant shards of broken glass and feeling abandoned.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My first memory is visiting our friends in London, arriving by taxi to their house (somewhere on the corner of a street and opposite a park), sitting on a sofa and getting to play with one of those novelty coin boxes where you put a coin at a certain place and Dracula would come up, grab it and go back inside. Also remember drinking the most delicious orange juice from drinking glasses that had colored dots going up the sides, going from large to small. I thought they were the reason it tasted so good.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've replied to this question on ATS before.

This is the version of the answer that I'm using in a future thread;

My earliest memory goes back to a time before I knew language.
I could not express my thoughts in words, of course, but I was aware of a number of things, which add up to a kind of thought-process.
I was aware of the place where I was- in my cot next to a light window, probably the morning light.
I was aware that I wanted to get out.
I was aware that i could not manage the catch which would let down the side of the cot (a simple hook-and-eye affair, as I know retrospectively).
I was aware that if I cried, someone would come along and let me out.
Which led me into a course of action. I cried.
My memory stops at the opening of the door (right hand end of the opposite wall) and my father appearing through the doorway.
I don’t know whether this means that the sequel was satisfactory, or whether it means that the sequel was traumatic.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
Saw my dad in hallway and remember thinking complete sentences but being unable to speak, all that came out was babble. Very bizarre...Goes to show children are cognizant of what is happening even if they haven't begun to speak yet.

Being able to understand language before speaking it has a bearing on one of my earliest memories, though probably not the first.
I remember lying on a bed while my mother was telling me that my birthday would be "not tomorrow, not the next day, nor the next day..." (I can't vouch for the exact number).
Now I spoke my first words at two and a half (when my brother was born).
So I've tended to assume that the birthday being discussed must have been my third. But I've got no memory of responding (or doing much moving about, for that matter), so it's beginning to seem plausible that it was my second birthday, and I was understanding language a full six months before I had worked out how to speak it.

edit on 25-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just to complete the set, I have one more memory which probably comes between the two already posted, though it's just possible it was the earliest.
At some point in my babyhood I fell down the stairs.
In later years my father spoke about the incident to our school class, explaining that I escaped injury because I rolled myself up into a ball.
My memory of it is a picture with my mother on the landing at the top of the stairs, my father in the downstairs corridor beside the stairs.
But the memory is curiously silent. Not a sound, not a thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
About 3 years old eating a biscuit (a Trio) watching a cartoon (the one with the why bird) while my mum was getting ready to take me to nursery.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: oneoneone

Awesome - thank you

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My earliest memory is eating a peanut butter sandwich with my best friend at age 2. Still best friends

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

I seem to come to as if I'd been asleep and was suddenly awake.

Exactly how it was for me.

Suddenly I'm alive, awake, aware.

I see a small vista of blue sky from the hood of the pram I was in.

I'm too hot, uncomfortable under the weight of blankets.

Helpless to communicate this to my mother's delusional, suffocating over-protectiveness.

I was perhaps a couple of months old.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join