It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Facebook retains data indefinitely after account deletion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I searched for this and there were over 2000 threads. I looked at 5 pages and gave up.

I came off Facebook 2 years ago for 2 reasons -

1. A big family row that split us into 2 sides. It became awkward with friend requests from cousins (who were basically snooping).

2, I was fed up of increasing posts regarding where people are located in town ie checking in, maps showing the route and time that someone has walked or cycles. The worst offenders being those that link Youtube with their Facebook account. I am not interested in every single video you watch!

Having been recently diagnosed with ME/CFS after a 11 month illness I heard that there were ME/CFS Groups on Facebook that has really good information/advice. I made a new account with a nickname and my usual email address. I have no friends on this account and not filled in optional information fields. Within a few days I was receiving friend suggestions. They were not random and consisted of most of my previous friends from 2 years ago. Coincidence? I think not!

The facebook groups did not contain any information that I have not read on other forums so have deleted my account again.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: earthblaze

When you quit FB all the connections that you left behind did not also quit FB. Also, when you quit FB, FB did not remove data from your friends and family's accounts that indicated that you had been connected to them. That's not really the same thing as retaining the information, it's a dynamic system of connections that doesn't just stop because you split.

It's like life in that respect: when we die we leave behind the network of people that we were connected to and that system continues to function.

edit on 25-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. It makes sense what you say. I was going to put a ? after proof in the heading but after posting I realised that it was not there. Obviously I can't change the thread title.

Earthblaze
edit on 25/7/2014 by earthblaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: earthblaze

Never knew it is possible to quit FB and able to delete your account... I always thought it is somewhat like ATS and Hotel California.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They save it for later they tell you that broski
. ATS never ever gets rid of info either.

top topics

join