It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

astr0, Black Triangles, abductions and the Forever Men of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I personally feel that Astr0 can hang out on ATS and speak about whatever he or she likes anytime. Do I believe everything I read? I have no idea. I'm just listening.

To the people that criticize...are you more upset that there are people with crazy stories or that there are people that will believe any crazy story?

edit on 25-7-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply. This post brings you so close to that tipping point in your mind about what is real or not. What we are actually capable of. If you wouldn't mind,

Do you personally have access to peoples dreams or thoughts? After a forever man is found, do they become more or less effective? Do you leave out all the science fiction and just make friends or is making them "aware" part of the introduction?

Does quantum computing have anything to do with controlling, storing and extracting data from a person's brain? Do you need root access or is our brain open source?

Any thoughts on the extinction events of past civilizations? How much more advanced were they? In our recent span of human history, have we actually invented anything new or was it all just a rehash of past achievements? Like a monkey finding a lighter 200 years after the destruction of the human race and claiming he invented fire.

edit on 25-7-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
***Attention ***

Stay on topic. Discuss the thread not the participants.

Debunk the story, but do so in a civil manner.

Your posts will be removed, you may be Post Banned.

This goes for all in thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hope you don't leave too soon..

Just curious on two things;

Do you know my dreams?

What are these platforms using for energy generation?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Believe or disbelieve... it really doesn't matter... but this will be one for the books as far as a "what if."

I will say this for astr0, he spins a consistent, believable tale and had some very skeptical people going, "hmmm... ."

I get wanting truth... I respect the truth, however relative or insane sounding it may be... but a good story isn't something to sneer at either, and the poster, "astr0" spun some goodies... either way.

It was entertaining and maybe, possibly, even a true accounting... if so, here was an unexpected 'disclosure lite.'

I do know that a black space program is quite possible. I've heard about it my whole adult life from some personal contacts... as well as the usual tabloid sources.

It doesn't hurt to consider it... gray area indeed. Heh...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Would someone give me the cliff notes version of his post history?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I will say this for astr0, he spins a consistent, believable tale and had some very skeptical people going, "hmmm... ."

How so? His first posts on ATS say clearly he has zero insight into UFOs and woo-topics and that he is a skeptic who doesn't believe the majority of "pro-woo" stories presented.

He clearly stated in his early posts that he had no inside knowledge.

Now he is the Space-Jesus wishing us all luck and dreams and he can read our minds and will save mankind.

Doesn't seem too consistent. Maybe we have different definitions?

MM

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
How so? His first posts on ATS say clearly he has zero insight into UFOs and woo-topics and that he is a skeptic who doesn't believe the majority of "pro-woo" stories presented.

Signal to noise filter?

Maybe we have different definitions?

Or priorities?
edit on 25-7-2014 by GetOutOfMyLight because: Close quote tag.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetOutOfMyLight

Signal to noise filter?

Maybe we have different definitions?

Or priorities?

My priority here is to deny ignorance and stop people from accepting lies and hoaxes as a world view. false world views are behind countless deaths, abuses of people and populaces and above all a producer of a weak public.

My priorities are to shed light on lies and to make sure young and old minds alike do not accept nonsense.

If you have no problem with TV shows like Ancient Aliens turning the majority of your peers into lie worshiping zealots. that's fine. I can not stand it.

Deny Ignorance.

MM
edit on 25-7-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

I've had several people sit on the boards over the years and say they had no idea about something, while at the same time telling me exactly what it was in great detail.

I suppose they're all liars and not to be believed too, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I personally feel that Astr0 can hang out on ATS and speak about whatever he or she likes anytime. Do I believe everything I read? I have no idea. I'm just listening.

To the people that criticize...are you more upset that there are people with crazy stories or that there are people that will believe any crazy story?

I'm more upset about UFO cults that kill children and adults and things like that. I am more concerned about Jacques Vallee's warnings detailed in his book "Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults".

I am also very upset that my peers seem to be so weak minded that they jump on any shiny piece of "hoax" as they free fall into a false world view that creates an apathetic public.

I don't know if you truly understand the ramifications of a public that lack critical thinking skills. Look around.

Hope that clears things up.

MM

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh yes... It's quite clear the priority of life is to be very serious about it all.

Be tense until you die! Be angry at anyone that doesn't use their time in way you see as optimal! Be furious that anyone might die deluded! Establish one way and one way only and that's your way! Be terrified of ever being wrong so only believe things you can't be faulted for believing! Protect everyone from themselves! FIX IT ALL! STOP BELIEVING SOMETHING I DON'T BELIEVE! PLEASE!!!! WHY WON"T YOU OBEY!?!?!?!

Are we enjoying ourselves yet?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I've had several people sit on the boards over the years and say they had no idea about something, while at the same time telling me exactly what it was in great detail.

I suppose they're all liars and not to be believed too, right?

Are you asking me that honestly? Because I posted 5 posts that directly pointed out reasons this story is a hoax, and I had them removed. You going to remove my post for discussing this?

If so...I am not impressed.

AND are YOU telling me Astr0's first post compared to this "last thread" DOES NOT paint a liar and/or madman? if so...sir...again not impressed. I am a bit disappointed with the moderation of ATS right now sir.

Don't bait me to be punished. I wouldn't enjoy losing respect for you and the rest behind the "mod wall".

Lastly...I ask you in return...is ATS Denying ignorance? I've been gone for 2 years...and well...as I return, there seems to be a change in policy that caters to woo-woo nonsense. Correct me if I'm wrong. or if that is also off topic, I can start a rant and all you mods can show up and fight my views or side with them.

Hows that?

MM

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetOutOfMyLight
Oh yes... It's quite clear the priority of life is to be very serious about it all.

Be tense until you die! Be angry at anyone that doesn't use their time in way you see as optimal! Be furious that anyone might die deluded! Establish one way and one way only and that's your way! Be terrified of ever being wrong so only believe things you can't be faulted for believing! Protect everyone from themselves! FIX IT ALL! STOP BELIEVING SOMETHING I DON'T BELIEVE! PLEASE!!!! WHY WON"T YOU OBEY!?!?!?!

Are we enjoying ourselves yet?

Angry? Tense? is that was you think calling a "lie" a "lie" is? Anger? Tenseness? I see.

You are wrong.

MM

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, he explained the first posts as 'testing the water' ... a vetting, of sorts... heh... and he posted, properly, in the Grey Area.

As Zaphod brought up, he gained respectability in the aircraft/tech forum and many knew him as a likeable, even tempered, accurate poster there... he didn't display ANY of the instability of the usual chronic liar.. though he WAS an "attention getter" that's for sure... especially once he started dropping these short, succinct info bombs a few weeks ago.

Telling a formerly skeptical poster when he'd see exotic tech in the sky ...again... is pretty darn good proof.

I don't pretend to know for sure... but as far as a cut and dry "faker"... no, imo, he was/is not. And I find that weird as heck and worthy of, at the least, consideration.

edit on 7/25/2014 by Baddogma because: boo-boo fix

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What a strange turn of events. Skeptics and debunkers taken in by a clever exercise in NLP and myth building.
People are so desperate for answers they throw their usual skepticism down the rabbit hole....sad really!
edit on 25-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Well, he explained the first posts as testing the water /aspect, too... as a vetting, of sorts... heh... and he posted, properly, in the Grey Area.

As Zaphod brought up, he gained respectability in the aircraft/tech forum and many knew him as a likeable, even tempered, accurate poster there... he didn't display ANY of the instability of the usual chronic liar.. though he WAS an "attention getter" that's for sure... especially once he started dropping these short, succinct info bombs a few weeks ago.

Telling a formerly skeptical poster when he'd see exotic tech in the sky ...again... is pretty darn good proof.

I don't pretend to know for sure... but as far as a cut and dry "faker"... no, imo, he was/is not. And I find that weird as heck and worthy of, at the least, consideration.

I know Astr0 very well from his history here. And I assure you, this thread is not the Astr0 I knew on ATS.

And forgive me if this gets me post banned or whatever- The info is hogwash.

MM

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I didn't remove anything. By participating in this thread I am removed from moderating it, and as a member I'm just as entitled to my views as you are.

Way to dodge though. I could point out the same thing that other members have done, by saying one thing publicly, while saying another privately, if it wasn't aT&C violation. But I've done the same thing myself with others. I've said I didn't know about something, while talking about it with others that do know. Done things don't need to be public knowledge and some sources need to be guarded.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join