It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To shoot or not to shoot? One California homeowners fate is being decided.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I do not think he deserves to die in prison either.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Given the multiple robberies, and if they were reported, then it would seems as though the system isn't working to prevent further robberies. So at some point does a person just have to accept "oh well, I guess I'll just have put up with being robbed". These two, like many other, are preying on the perceived weak over and over.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If they were fleeing off his property at that point it became retaliation. But, he was not in sound mind and body and his circumstances were not ordinary, he should not be charged. No one would be so heartless. OH, I forgot, we have demons running the system. But its time to stand up for what is right. Though technically he was not actually defending life and limb at that point he was in extreme trauma and is old and fragile, and everyone has to get the heart of the law, and start to insist their leaders serve them or take a hike. No one should be silent if they prosecute him but be his best friend and give a damn!

(post by LewsTherinThelamon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Do not argue what the law says laws can be changed. If you are on my property stealing from me you deserve to be shot and die! If you are running away there is no way I want to wait around scared to see if you'll show up again to my place. Screw you don't touch other people's stuff or you will die! Pretty simple idea and no bureaucracy or debates needed!
edit on 27-7-2014 by IBossJekler because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2014 by IBossJekler because: spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

When in todays society does anyone have to accept responsibility for their actions? They made the decision to break into a home, then they made the decision to beat the man to point of broken bones. Then ran from an 80 year old man that was seriously injured. Did they call 911 for him, did they even know if he had died? They acted like animals and surely should be treated like one.

Why should it be murder for the unborn child? Again accepting no responsibility for your actions, abortion is completely legal, and totally acceptable. To prosecute the man for killing the baby says it's ok for the mother to kill the baby but not the old man. That means its ok to kill a baby based on a decision of the mother, not the life of a child. If this isn't cheapening the value of life nothing is. She made the decision to rob a home while pregnant no one else.

This old man shouldn't go to jail. It's time for people to accept responsibility for their criminal actions.

Knowing long beach someone will come for him anyway.

Great post and I feel the same way. I've been somewhat torn at the fact that they ran away but he continued he chase but what you have stated makes absolutely perfect sense. The only way we can better our society is to make them accountable. By law most people know that protecting their own home could possibly convict them of a crime as well. Those who break into homes need to be made aware that their decisions could have dire circumstances. Guarantee that will stop a lot of these crimes once they realize they can and will die.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I
a reply to: nrd101
I feel that,even though the threat was removed from his dwelling he should be justified in murdering these people,if for nothing more,a deterrent to other people who think they may want to terrorize anyone,especially the elderly.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah, don't do that. At that point it's murder. A reasonable person is going to realize that when people are running away from you they are no longer a threat.

Thats not true, they are a threat still because theyve done it before and looked like their intention was probably to do it again.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My opinion is that if you are willing to break in to someones home and take away their sense of safety and security in that home....you deserve what's coming to you.

It's sad that the unborn child had to be in the belly of a moron.

What a sad story.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join