It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

And I will politely ask you again, with all the sweetness I can offer from the bag of sugar in my pantry.
How does detailing cars lend you to be an expert now in Constitutional Law, Mental Illness, Statutory Law? And what gives you the moral authority to attack US Citizens that are exercising a guaranteed Right, with lies, omissions, falsehoods and then get upset when someone turns the tables on you?

I am not attacking your chosen profession. I have not stated anything to the sort.
And to further clarify this matter, so when you alert the mods because a nerve has been struck. Please show me where I have stated anything to the issue of making fun of your profession. I have not called you a name in relation to that. It is your profession.

And for even further clarification. You brought it up. I never asked.

Since you brought it up, why is it now a taboo subject?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

hahaha...

i was wondering where you disappeared to...

so, this lame argument didn't fly in the political issues forum, so you tweak it a little, and start a new thread here.....nice.

since more people visit the pit...well, as you can plainly see, you'll have much more opposition here..

assuming you haven't done so yet, how long until you start wishing harm, and death on gun owners? and how long until you try to paint us all as bloodthirsty homicidal maniacs?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

assuming you haven't done so yet, how long until you start wishing harm, and death on gun owners? and how long until you try to paint us all as bloodthirsty homicidal maniacs?

If the other thread is a marker........probably within the 20s thread pages.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

You are making the assumption that because of my job i am somehow less intelligent.

"You are not your [snip] job" ~ Tyler Durden

I've had jobs as an accountant, a security guard, a brick mason, I do what I can to make an honest living, it doesn't define me.

But for some reason, you want to use my job as an indictment if my intelligence? Or to attempt to goad me into a emotional response.

I've never claimed to be an expert on law, nor an expert on anything of the sort.

What I am though is opinionated, and the last time I checked, opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

I also can read. And unlike some that i have come across I can read a sentence and when i get to the end, can remember the first part of said sentence.

But let me make this clear a job isn't an I.Q. test, it's a means to make money.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It is better to be thought an idiot than to opens ones mouth and remove all doubt

And no u cant read very well. This thread shows that.. Or process what you have read to come to a unbiased conclusion

U are a gun hater

It is that simple

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: pavil

While depression leads to thoughts of suicide, and people will plan them out, in many cases not involving a gun, the suicide will change their mind and seek medical attention.

Usually don't get that chance with a gun.

And no, I'm not saying all gun owners will kill themselves.
ever, some of the countries with the greatest gun control, Japan for example, have the highest successful suicide rate, so suggesting that banning guns will reduce suicide is specious.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

so our natural instinct for self-preservation is now somehow, a nefarious plot?

not only are you grasping at straws, but you're stretching the hell out of them too...this is utter ridiculousness...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

so, in the face of danger, no matter how minor, you would suggest that the best course of action, is to run away, hide, and hope the police can get there in time to protect you from harm?

where i come from, we have a word for that kind of behavior: Cowardice.

if someone comes in my home, intent on taking what's mine, and doing me and my family harm, i'm not going to abandon my home, or let them do what they came to do....they're gonna get a warning, and if they don't heed that warning and leave, i'ma put a hole or two in 'em...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

and as has been stated NUMEROUS TIMES to you, people with cars, bats, hammers, and knives kill as well....where is your outrage about those things? where is your idiotic portrayal of those people as "murderers who haven't been caught yet"?

you're like a dog with a bone....there are plenty of other ones all around you, with plenty of meat on them, but you just keep chewing on this one...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

A person has the absolute right to defend themselves, even using a gun to do it.

Gun owners do not have the right to intimidate the population of the united states, nor do they have the right to threaten the government of the people, by the people, and for the people in order to facilitate a fascism.

And that is all they do. Which is why we need to start enforcing these laws already on the books harshly.

The Obama administration has been to good a friend to the gun lobby. Allowing what amounts to terror cells to begin to form.

The gun lobby does not have the right to strip from the people their right to choose their representatives in this government.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Daedalus

A person has the absolute right to defend themselves, even using a gun to do it.

Gun owners do not have the right to intimidate the population of the united states, nor do they have the right to threaten the government of the people, by the people, and for the people in order to facilitate a fascism.

And that is all they do. Which is why we need to start enforcing these laws already on the books harshly.

The Obama administration has been to good a friend to the gun lobby. Allowing what amounts to terror cells to begin to form.

The gun lobby does not have the right to strip from the people their right to choose their representatives in this government.

I think you confuse political activism with "violating someone's rights."

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

If a person has a right to use a gun to defend ones self then your statement that all we do is intimidate is false

See how your nonsense counters itself?

You contradict yourself an now u will ignore that contradictory statement

You have opened your mouth and removed all doubt

Weak
edit on pm720143112America/ChicagoSun, 27 Jul 2014 12:31:10 -0500_7u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

edit on pm720143112America/ChicagoSun, 27 Jul 2014 12:31:56 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

edit on pm720143112America/ChicagoSun, 27 Jul 2014 12:32:55 -0500_7u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

the cop pointed a gun at Diane Sawyer's head. loaded or not, training rounds or not, the first rule is that regardless of whether or not you PERSONALLY cleared your weapon, EVERY gun is ALWAYS loaded. you DO NOT purposely point it at anyone, or anything you don't intend to shoot...

if he can't even adhere to that, why should i take what he's saying as the gospel?

the segment you posted is not completely and absolutely true and factual....however, it is also not completely and absolutely inaccurate either...

as always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle...
edit on 7-27-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

not only that, it shows how hard it is to pull a gun you're unfamiliar with, from a holster you're unfamiliar with, from a position you're unfamiliar with carrying it in, concealed under a baggy, stretchy shirt, with gloves on.....way to handicap the s**t out of test participants...and then they point out how epically they failed to deploy the weapon....

lol. talk about lousy demonstrations.

when in a situation like that, when your weapon is one you're familiar with, your holster is one you're familiar with, and you're carrying in a position that you're comfortable, and used to carrying in, deployment becomes several orders of magnitude easier, and more efficient.

this demonstration was tailored to produce fails, so they could trot them out as weight for their argument....it reminds of me those idiotic infomercials, where they show some dizzy idiot, in black and white, doing something wrong, so they can show you how awesome their product is.....if you were doing it right, you wouldn't need their useless product....

same premise here....create a situation where people are doing something wrong, film them doing it wrong, and say "see, we're right".....and then point a gun at a reporter, lol yeah....i'ma take that all as fact, no salt needed -rolleyes-
edit on 7-27-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I must have missed the intimidation aspect.

Citizens have the right to violently overthrow a tyrannical government.

And by the way, fascism is a noun, not a verb. Your talking point should read 'facilitate a fascist state'. You can thank me later.

We all agree then. Criminals should not own guns.

Yes, the worst ones being the gangs in his home town.

Who is preventing you from voting?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

what about it?

AD's happen...there were specific reasons why this one happened.

i've had it happen to me a couple of times....luckily, i never shot myself, or anyone else, and only once did it happen with live rounds....and the live rounds were the same paint training rounds that you see in the ABC segment.

point is, it happens, how does this prove that CCW holders are bloodthirsty homicidal maniacs, waiting for their chance to kill someone?

or have you shifted from that silly argument, to some other silly argument?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oh, and that pesky black market, that gun ban advocates refuse to acknowledge exists, because it would completely invalidate their argument...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

hundreds of hours....on the range....

with what gun? with what holster?

was he a CCW holder? if so, how would he normally carry? does he normally wear gloves all day?

it was a rubbish test.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

naw, the airsoft guy was the first one...who got tangled up that stupid shirt....

Airsoft are good for training people on the basics, without the danger of putting a gun in the hands of someone who has never handled one. they're also good for drills, where you don't want to use real guns with paint rounds...they're not good for much else though..except maybe as a deterrent....but if they fail in that capacity, you're basically screwed..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

and posting a video of examples of how not to do things proves what?
edit on 7-27-2014 by Daedalus because: spelling

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join