It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: macman

Suicide is often a spur of the moment decision, and a gun facilitates this, usually with no option to back out afterward.

No, there is usually a lot a thought and planning that goes into most suicides. No one buys 20 feet of heavy marine rope then "Spur of the moment" decides to hang themselves in the garage.

Every suicide that I have come across (don't ask....) has either been premeditated or an "accidental" overdose, which technically in my book doesn't qualify as a suicide, just stupid.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

While depression leads to thoughts of suicide, and people will plan them out, in many cases not involving a gun, the suicide will change their mind and seek medical attention.

Usually don't get that chance with a gun.

And no, I'm not saying all gun owners will kill themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Suicide is often a spur of the moment decision, and a gun facilitates this, usually with no option to back out afterward.

Is that the car detailer's professional opinion?

Suicide is often planned out and most give warning signs for a while.

Clearly you are outside if your "official" expertise as this isn't about the best way to clean a Maserati.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Really, really, I'll teach you how to detail cars, it probably wouldn't even take to long.

You are thinking of the lead up, the event is usually sudden. But unlike most suicide attempts, where even right after the decision is made, it can be unmade, paramedics can be called, the life saved, a gunshot can't.

But please, I'm asking you, lay of the making light of my job. I'm proud of my work, I provide a service people want, I do my job well, and you aren't going to shame me.

I make a good living, and it affords me and my son a comfortable lifestyle, and I get to drive very nice luxury cars every day.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You are thinking of the lead up, the event is usually sudden. But unlike most suicide attempts, where even right after the decision is made, it can be unmade, paramedics can be called, the life saved, a gunshot can't.

What the hell do people blowing their brains out have to do with concealed carry permits? How has this thread meandered to this drivel?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's germane to the topic, gun owners including ccw permit holders have a higher suicide success rate than other forms of suicide.

Goes to motive.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's germane to the topic, gun owners including ccw permit holders have a higher suicide success rate than other forms of suicide.
Goes to motive.

No, it does not. Your Original Post, since you seemed to have forgotten what it was about, laid out a false premise that concealed carry permit holders were a danger to others.

Who cares if they shoot themselves?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, human life is human life, suicide is certainly endangering human life.

And thus a ccw permit holder committing suicide shows they are dangerous.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And thus a ccw permit holder committing suicide shows they are dangerous.

Not in the context of your Original Post. Maybe you should reread what you wrote.

There was no mention of suicide until much later in the thread. You are now trolling your own thread.

edit on 26-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Paramedics can be called in any case of suicide.
The life can not always be saved. A case to ponder would be a person jumping off of a 40 story building to commit suicide. What lifesaving methods do you think a paramedic would use in that case?
Pulling the trigger and jumping equate in those two cases.
edit on b000000312014-07-26T13:12:01-05:0001America/ChicagoSat, 26 Jul 2014 13:12:01 -0500100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

(post by macman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Try not to be absurd. Please.

Your right not every life can be saved.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It is not absurd. People leap from buildings and bridges to commit suicide. They detonate explosives on their bodies in the Middle East. There are many quick ways to commit suicide that have a no turning back point. Once you perform a certain action, there's no turning back. They consciously make the decision. You are being absurd when you say that firearms are the only means of suicide that have no point at which one can turn back.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I never said it was the only means, i said that it was a means by which the choice of doing so has no turning back point.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I shall rephrase.

It is okay to attack those that support and exercise the 2nd, but when the tables are turned, you don't like it. How very odd.

And I shall ask this, besides Google, what insight as detailing cars brought you to be an expert in either mental illness or suicide.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I never said it was the only means, i said that it was a means by which the choice of doing so has no turning back point.

Ah, ok.
We are agreed that guns don't hold any special place in suicide.... Just another means to an end for some.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I am going to politely ask you again, please leave my profession out of this. It's a cheap shot at being rude. I get it, you have no respect for people in the service industries. Got it.

I'm proud of my hard work. I make people happy. I provide a service that people pay good money to receive. You might not respect that, but it's not my problem.

because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Then MAYBE you should not impugn OUR experise,by YOUR rude and unqualified work in discussing FIREARMS.WE have defended the country with EXPERT skill (THE BEST on the planet) YOU have shown your lack of respect for warriors who have kept the COUNTRY safe and thus your carwash and service industry so as well.

YOU DON'T respect that and so have expressed SCORN when discussing guns via politics and receive same now crying foul.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'm proud of my work. If you don't like that, it's your own problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

WELL HAPPY days wash your cars ENJOY.

Just quit attempting to throw your readings at CORNELL around and assume authority over the rubes. THAT is who you are here. As well as some detectable measure dementia in WHAT you have already SAID.
GUNS are OUR game.If I want to discuss the wax to use on Imron paint WE'LL TALK.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join