It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

That's a point I'll give you. Requirements vary by state and of the state who do require some level of training or qualification that level is abysmally low.

While we're on the subject of training I'll note that as an instructor with a good 10 years+ experience the police are also abysmally trained. Often police training is the exact same low level course of fire required by permit holders and only repeated once or twice a year.

I'm generally an exception having racked up 30+ hours in June alone of high-stress, combat level training with group work, cover movement, wounded extraction, etc...

But you are right that for the most part the average carrier is pitifully under-trained just as the average cop is.

Though I will not ever support mandatory training I will always encourage those who carry and take their defensive roles seriously to get in as much quality training as often as they can afford to.

The line I serve is "be better than the cops, it doesnt take much."

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

My firearms have helped to create many of meals.

Again, your anti-2nd bias is pretty disgusting.

How about we talk about the amount of people that have been killed due to Progressives in charge of Govts?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

The line I serve is "be better than the cops, it doesnt take much."

You have that right.

I have shot informally with LEO's from municipal cops right up to federal agents. Generally, they were all poor shots. When I was in my early twenties, while shooting at an indoor range, a friend and I had the guys in the lane next to us ask where we learned to shoot so well. We told them that we learned it growing up on the farm. They were local city cops, and they had trouble hitting the paper at 21 feet. We were shooting smiley faces on the silhouettes at 20 yards.
The feds that I shot with were by far the worst shots.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

What is the motive again???

Honestly...you really now are just showing that in fact, you are an ATS Troll.
Very simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah. It holds true no matter what department you shoot with and at what level.

In their defense I think a lot of it has to do with their equipment. Often times policies and regulations mandate they use equipment that simply sucks. Heavy trigger weights are a common dictated by policy modification.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

Yeah. It holds true no matter what department you shoot with and at what level.

In their defense I think a lot of it has to do with their equipment. Often times policies and regulations mandate they use equipment that simply sucks. Heavy trigger weights are a common dictated by policy modification.

True, but they get paid to practice with free ammo.
I have had some pretty ugly handguns in my time, real bricks, as they say. But I put enough (not free) ammo through them to pull off some pretty shots.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Sure, motive, to kill someone. Hide behind self defense, in the end it's a desire for someone to die.

They are just awaiting opportunity. Maybe it's so they can be judge jury and executioner. The motive is there.

You make no sense at all, I think when someone carrys that they dred the situation where they would have to take a life but are ready to defend themselves should the situation arise.
Would you not defend yourself and your family?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have shot informally with LEO's from municipal cops right up to federal agents. Generally, they were all poor shots.

I took my friend shooting a while back during he afternoon when the local indoor range is usually empty. We had the place to ourselves for about an hour, not even a range master, when this local cop shows up.

He started doing all kinds of retarded stuff; shooting at the target paper while making it move forward and backward, shooting from the floor on his back, quick drawing, etc.

I had brought my .50 Desert Eagle, more of a novelty piece, to use since it was going to be quiet and I do not like using it front of a lot of people as they all ask to shoot it (not that I care too much but ammunition for that thing is $2-3 each).

I knocked off a few rounds and of course he asks to take a try. I gave him the gun and he ran the target out to 25 yards, brings the thing up right by his face and fires.

The slide went back and sliced his forehead open. Now jackass is standing there with blood pouring out. He tears off a piece of target paper to use on his head like it was toilet paper and he cut himself shaving.

We packed up my stuff and left.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You sound mad. Couldnt you qualify for a permit? Guns can be misused. So can cars and alcohol.

I'll continue to carry E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y.

In an emergency, I'd rather have a firearm at my fingertips than a cell phone to the police.

Licensed and Trained CCW/CPL Holder

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: because

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I am guessing that he didn't scamper off to the nearest gun shop to buy one!
Sorry, but I would have laughed at him when he was trying to stop the bleeding with target paper.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

The motive is to kill someone in a way as to not receive any adverse repercussions from the murder.

pretty simple, get away with murder.

Any excuse to say that the ccw holder feels their life is in danger. Looked at the wrong way, victim sagged his pants, dreadlocks, acted liberal, you know, the usual thing that makes some people fear for their lives.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

a reply to: macman

The motive is to kill someone in a way as to not receive any adverse repercussions from the murder.

pretty simple, get away with murder.

Any excuse to say that the ccw holder feels their life is in danger. Looked at the wrong way, victim sagged his pants, dreadlocks, acted liberal, you know, the usual thing that makes some people fear for their lives.

Are you serious?
You think that CCW holders get their permits just to murder people?

Shouldn't there be a lot more dead people lying in the streets?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If you've been paying attention, there IS a lot of people lying dead in the streets.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Please explain to me how CCW gives legal justification for shooting someone??

Don't you have some cars to wash?? Instead of trolling ATS with your mythical Progressive BS?

Or is this what MDA advises you to do?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Lol dude your excuses have no meat on them but hey I'll give you an A for effort.

Lol I give him an A too but its not for effort....haha

First,that is fake

Second, didnt a banker supposedly kill himself with a nail gun earlier this year by shooting himself like 8 or 9 times?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If you've been paying attention, there IS a lot of people lying dead in the streets.

There are more people laughing at your failed attempt to prove any of your propaganda.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Just looked outside, and came back from driving around.

Didn't see all these "people lying dead in the streets".

Do you maybe reside in one of these first person shooter games you talk of in about every 3rd post?

I mean, I could see that living in say, Call of Duty, would provide you with the dead bodies and such. And in those games I don't think that they have any great methods of mental health screening, so that is probably where you get all your crazies walking around, ready to bust a cap in others.

All of your points, stances and replies really are basically taken from your first person shooter games.

When you wish to come back to reality, accept facts, stop trying to lie and contort things, quit omitting portions of what ever, you might have a logical ability to bring something to the table.

Until then, all that you offer is life revolving around your video games.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Here you go....."(VIDEO) Mass shooting avoided when hospital gunman is shot by good guys"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.slate.com...

Interesting

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not really, as people who commit suicide are dead, and can't really tell others if having a firearm lead them to committing suicide.

People who commit suicide, just like criminals, will find a way to facilitate the action they want.

edit on 25-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join